i am located south of knoxville iowa about 12 miles and the touch screen does not come on or work at all none of the screens come on or anything and no the defroster does not work either the head lights come on but only on low beams ill have to try the power junction block tomorrow after i get out of class and then let you guys know if that worked thank you guys for trying to help. "CRT is working and shows nothing for the engine " - do you know about the diagnostic capability ? As a halo vehicle, the Buick Reatta was also meant to incorporate the latest in advanced technology. "But it would serve as a halo vehicle for the other Buick products. It's easy! Worse under load is almost certainly ignition. "Sometimes in a day, I might drive two or three," he said. 88 Reatta window switches - Reatta Owners Journal Forum - Reatta Owners The 1988-91 Buick Reatta Is an Underappreciated Classic - MotorTrend The Reatta is offered only as a coupe; a convertible will come later, probably in the 1989 model year. He has raced continuously since college, held SCCA and IMSA pro racing licenses, and has competed in the 24 Hours of Daytona. It was internal as far as I can tell, there wasn't any sign of an external leak. Add the good-size trunk and there is plenty of luggage room for those long point-A-to-point-B journeys. Buick had hoped the Reatta would sell about 20,000 copies annually when the project was green-lighted in the summer of 1986 and the first pilot car assembled. Welcome to the forum Ryan. I ask Gomberg if he has some kind of standardized rotation schedule to ensure that each member of his fleet gets driven regularly. Get the latest business insights from Dun & Bradstreet. All traces of sports-car crudity have been filtered out. The Buick Reatta should have been sportier than it turned out, and Buick's wavering on how to market this car may have been its death knell. Calibradores traseros y soportes para Buick Reatta Followers 0. The person that sold it to me did not seem too concerned and showed me to just switch it off. Introduced on the 1987 Buick Riviera, with which the Reatta shared many of its underpinnings, it was the first setup of its kind. Sitting across his broad conference table from us, he wants to talk cars. A design engineer was assigned to the studio to help with the final stages of development, but throughout its evolution the Reatta's styling remained in the hands of the advanced-design team. I have a 1988 Buick Reatta with a nagging A/C problem. Otros accesorios y piezas para Buick Reatta - eBay CPS is under the dash near where the brake pedal pivots, and the BCM is behind the glove box. The result, says Jordan, is a car with "sporty elegance"more like a Mercedes 560SL than a Corvette. Before I would buy my parts on ebay, I would try one of the suppliers listed at the top of the Reatta forum page, [The page you are on now]. It just makes alignment of the parts more difficult and supports nothing. These are two-seaters with the hard sports-car edges polished off and plenty of luxury gear pumped in. FRAM Air Filter for 1988-1991 Buick Reatta - eBay Perhaps this was because the car was never meant to be topless. So, in 1990 the touchscreen was gone and you could now get your Reatta as a coupe or convertible. ", The Reatta was also meant to help Buick retain, or gain, consumers who were fleeing GM for import brands, and to lower the median buyer age without alienating the core cohort. "You can sell an old man a young man's car, but you can't sell a young man an old man's car" When it came time to engineer the Reatta, Buick was plumb out of manpower: The division managed to get the exterior and interior styling done in-house, but it farmed out most of the engineering. Sign up for a new account in our community. My memory is only so-so on what it looks like since mine is now very different. The Reatta's drivetrain is as smooth and relaxed as any big Buick's. The mechanic has replaced the compressor. CRT is working and shows nothing for the engine(just for the AC freon level) and no CEL (though the dash gauges have been inconsistently working at all lately). It was wasted tech Buick customers could care less about. Weve always said GM works in mysterious ways and there is no better example than the Buick Reatta. Reatta Parts Vendors Paint & Service Codes The Select Sixty Story Design of the Buick Reatta 1988 and 1989 Buick Reatta 1990 Buick Reatta I cannot think of any reason that an oil additive would restore power and mileage unless it is simple coincidence or perhaps the lifters collapsed due to lack of oil which would tend to hurt power output. "Summary", "Radio", "Climate", etc.) Please make yourself at home. "We went to the market to ask people what kind of product they envisioned a two-seat Buick to be. The concept was for a two-place personal luxury car, targeting the contemporary Mercedes-Benz 380SL roadster but taking inspiration from the 1955-57 Ford Thunderbird. Copyright 2023, Antique Automobile Club of America. Buick Reatta Test Drive Review - CarGurus But is the design too radical for the average Buick buyer? I'm more framiliar with the 3800 Series II, so I'm not quite sure were this oil may have gone to get burned off. I try to post after work and I never seem to get my point across. En eBay encuentras fabulosas ofertas en Calibradores traseros y soportes para Buick Reatta. It felt great to have power and mileage back, but I didn't have that for long. Not saying it's the BCM, just that was my case and I checked everything out before hand. Envo gratis en artculos seleccionados. It is located behind the glove compartment. 's, The Greatest Cars of All Time: The Seventies, Watch Out Casey Jones: We Drive a Locomotive, Your Privacy Choices: Opt Out of Sale/Targeted Ads. the car was last tagged in 2017 i believe. The Reatta would probably have done better if it had been sold under a different label one with a history of personally sized personal luxury cars BMW, for instance. 1990 Buick Reatta Start Up and Tour (car with major issues!!) Most people, including me, keep a trickle charger on the battery if the car is going to be parked for an extended period. If the pusher fan comes on the system is probably working properly. eBay Buick Reatta. What plugs get pulled to check valve covers? The car is doing fine on fluids now, no burn on coolant or oil anymore, and again no contamination. When Cadillac opted for the Pininfarina-designed, two-seat Allant, McIntosh's sleek design became a Buick exclusive. But where is the greatness? And though Cadillac's appropriation delayed production by two years, North's prototype design was given the go-ahead with relatively minimal changes, retaining a rounded wedge shape with pop-up headlamps, a generous trunk, and a unique bubble-back rear windshield. It wasnt a bad design but just imagine it with a lower top and wheels pulled out further at each end. I Reatta driven a couple hours using cruise control. Buick Reatta Whew lord, sorry about that mess of text, I wasn't watching how I was typing and was quite tired from work. He makes solid eye contact. Jim Finn has CPSs I believe. Question about 1988 Buick Reatta 1 Answer I just bought a 1988 Reatta. 5/21/2014 3:01:17 AM 1989 Buick. The car itself was built on a shortened version of GMs E-Body platform, which dated back to the 60s and was used over the years as the basis for both rear-drive and front-drive vehicles, most notably for personal luxury coupes like the 1966 Oldsmobile Toronado and (later) the Cadillac Eldorado. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use. And, yes, the Reatta is easy to get in and out of. That way you won't waste time replacing the working unit and only replace the bad one. The rear connection is secured by two long bolts under the heat shield for the throttle cables. I believe Padgett handled that. lots of things appear to be very old or original. That's the why of the Reatta. My Reattas: 1988 Posted October 10, 2020 It could be disable by removing an inline fuse but the theft deterrent system should be disabled from working by default until you activate it. /*Tested: 1988 Buick Reatta Has Two Seats, But Isn't a Sports Car This startled me, and The Reatta program was approved for production in August 1984. The last owner had let their son use it to get to and from college, so I can only make inferences what happened during that time. Hopefully the codes stay history, but you may want to do the oxygen sensor as well as cleaning the idle air control as well as the idle air control housing. Then check the grounding point behind the battery that those terminals are clean and secure also. He was in music school when he realized what he really wanted to do in life and, somehow, it's worked out. It just makes alignment of the parts more difficult and supports nothing. What do the minds here on the forum think of this? Complete instructions for testing pressure and pump performance are in teh How-to guides here on ROJ. now this could cause a slow cranking when trying to start the car again and it may not even start. "But when we went to get corporate approval, the management said, Cadillac really needs a car to go against the Mercedes SL," Qualman said. Checked all fuses and relays and ground connections to no avail. Recommended Posts. It powers the front wheels through a four-speed automatic transaxle. Or rather, too many othersalreadythere. He admits that he had to put his personal carguy preferences on hold to head the project. It would be small, low, and sleek, with just two seats like the Fiero but without the commuter car taint or the engine behind its seats. He thinks that the leak must be under the dashboard. He works as a real estate agent in Houston and Beverly Hills, and between the two cities, he now owns a total of six Reattas: an '88, two '89s, a '90, and two '91sone convertible and five coupes. Like the Allante, the Reatta was a very expensive car to make, and while it did share its drivetrain the 3.8 V6 with other Buick (and GM) models, which helped to tamp down production costs, its model-specific bodywork, trim, and many other parts made it hard to make a profit selling the ensemble unless it sold in sufficient volume. But he has more than rectified that now. The first scale model of Buick's proposed baby was completed in July 1982. The 88 is different from other years and has jumpers for the data line in the cover. The Reatta was one of those oddballs that got through the pipeline only to find no one there. Back to the drawing board. Underhood, it's one-size-fits-all: the only engine offered is GM's new 3.8-liter V-6, called the 3800, which is smoothed by a balance shaft and produces a respectable 165 hp at 4800 rpm. That would be the place to start and its free. Browse answered 1988 Buick Reatta questions, problems & issues.

Valley Glen Condos Maple Shade, Nj, List Of Hollers In Kentucky, Articles OTHER