V. The worship.The point to notice is, that Gods praise is begun by creation; taken up and ennobled by the redeemed Church, but perfected only when all are redeemed, and the completed Church can join the song of Nature, and so all the earth praise God.. WebRevelation 4:1 Commentaries: After these things I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven, and the first voice which I had heard, like the sound of a trumpet speaking with me, said, "Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after these things." An animal, living creature. AND REVELATION 24When the creatures moved, I heard the sound of their wings, like the roar of rushing(AE) waters, like the voice(AF) of the Almighty,[b] like the tumult of an army. So the twenty-four throned and crowned elders are typified by the twenty-four chiefs of the twenty-four courses of priests, "Governors of the sanctuary, and governors of God" ( 1Chronicles 24:5 , 25:1-31 ). English Version is good Greek. The first of these living beings was like a lion; the 12Then the Spirit lifted me up,(BZ) and I heard behind me a loud rumbling sound as the glory of the Lord rose from the place where it was standing. The shining pavement is like solidified water. Compare at the giving of the law on Sinai, Exodus 19:16 . Not of the directing of attention, but of the simple reception of the vision. 17As they moved, they would go in any one of the four directions the creatures faced; the wheels did not change direction(Z) as the creatures went. In other words, it is St. Johns manner of thought to sing his song of triumph before the fight begins, and that is exactly what he does in the fourth and fifth chapters of the Apocalypse.W. The seal Revelation 4:6 And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind. Ezekiel 1:1220 suggests that they are in constant motion around the throne. Revelation 4:5. (BQ) 8But I will make you as unyielding and hardened as they are. In Revelation 15:2 it is a "sea of glass mingled with fire." So also, "shall worship . The throne.To this much attention is given in Eastern Kingdoms. He might absorb too fully the interest of His disciples, and therefore we find Him, in His conversations with them, constantly putting His Father, as it were, in front of Himself. ALFORD connects this with the following sentence: "All round and within (their wings) they are (so two oldest manuscripts, A, B, and Vulgate read) full of eyes." 1 Corinthians 9:9,10 For it is written in the law of Moses, Thou shalt not muzzle the mouth of the ox that treadeth out the corn. Webas is usual when there is much thunder and lightning; though some understand this also of Nebuchadnezzar's army, which came in great human, swiftly and powerfully, as a cloud: and a fire infolding itself: in the cloud; rolling within it, when it burst out in thunder and lightning. They are full of eyes; i.e., they are ever wakeful and watchful, looking every way, seeing everything, and ready to move in any direction. 18Their rims were high and awesome, and all four rims were full of eyes(AA) all around. according to the good pleasure of His will Ezek.9. To fly. (DS) 12Eat the food as you would a loaf of barley bread; bake it in the sight of the people, using human excrement(DT) for fuel. 13The Lord said, In this way the people of Israel will eat defiled food among the nations where I will drive them.(DU), 14Then I said, Not so, Sovereign Lord! All rights reserved. 22Spread out above the heads of the living creatures was what looked something like a vault,(AD) sparkling like crystal, and awesome. An Anticipative Triumph-Song.The fourth and fifth chapters are to be regarded as a song of triumph sung even before the contest begins, and conveying to us an assurance of what will be the issue. 16This was the appearance and structure of the wheels: They sparkled like topaz,(Y) and all four looked alike. Copyright 2023, Bible Study Tools. 3. was--omitted in the two oldest manuscripts but supported by Vulgate and Coptic. Here the idea is that the pavements or floors are all of precious and diaphonous stones, appearing to him who should walk upon them pellucid, like the waters of the ocean. Rev.19:17,18. Revelation 4:4. Oneness in number, whereby it is parted from all other beings without itself. the first voice which I heard--the voice which I heard at first, namely, in Revelation 1:10 ; the former voice. Revelation 4:8. "Of (from) Him, through Him, and to Him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Neuter of a derivative of zao; a live thing, i.e. (City with 12 gates) Ezek.4048. WebIn the Book of Abrahams divine-council scene, God proposes to send a redemptive emissary to ensure that those premortal intelligences or spirits who entered their second estate and faithfully did all things whatsoever the Lord their God shall command them would have glory added upon their heads for ever and ever (Abr. From the base of homou; similar. Genesis 49:9 Judah is a lion's whelp: from the prey, my son, thou art gone up: he stooped down, he couched as a lion, and as an old lion; who shall rouse him up? Wherever the spirit would go, they would go, without turning as they went. These are the representatives of Nature and of the Church. The Throne and the Living Creatures.The whole imagery is to be conceived of thus: The throne on which the Divine Majesty is seated rests upon four living creatures, who form its animated and moving basis. Ezek.23:3234, The harlot. Six wings.Compare Isaiah 6:1-4. WebRevelation 4, Bullinger's Companion Bible Notes, One of over 125 Bible commentaries freely available, this commentary, by E.W. Coals from the altar are thrown down. Of the Old Testament texts, however, Isaiah makes Revelation more understandable to me than Ezekiel. The cherubim here have six wings, like the seraphim in Isaiah 6:2 ; whereas the cherubim in Ezekiel 1:6 had four wings each. II. 29:3, 6, where Tiridates lays down his crown before the image of Nero, as a token of homage for his kingdom. (AK) 28Like the appearance of a rainbow(AL) in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the radiance around him.(AM). Remembering how jealous the Jews were of the primary truth of the Divine unity, we can easily see that it would have been a fatal objection to Christianity if it could be reasonably shown that it put Christ in the place of God. Rev.11:8. The Hebrews spoke of the sky above as a solid expanse; or as a curtain stretched out; or as an extended arch above the earth - describing it as it appears to the eye. Since you did not warn them, they will die for their sin. Yet the thus constituted, are themselves symbolic of the attributes of the Godhead. This colour is, however, unsuitable as a description here. Six wings.Compare Isaiah 6:1-4. 23Under the vault their wings were stretched out one toward the other, and each had two wings covering its body. Beasts give glory.The idea of this and the following verse is, that when the redeemed Church realises the voice of creation in its worship, it reverently joins in the worship. But there must be no possibility of mistake, no possibility of our even seeming to put dishonour on God, or showing Him any slight, or failing to recognise His supreme relations with the actual, present work of Christ. 8. about him--Greek, "round about him." and Living Creatures in Revelation 4 WebIf these lamps are designed to be symbols of the Holy Spirit, according to the interpretation proposed in Revelation 1:4, it may be perhaps in the following respects: (1) They may represent the manifold influences of that Spirit in the world - as imparting light; giving consolation; creating the heart anew; sanctifying the soul, etc. I looked - Greek, "I saw" - eidon. 2He said to me, Son of man,[c](AP) stand(AQ) up on your feet and I will speak to you. Do not be afraid, though briers and thorns(BA) are all around you and you live among scorpions. (DN) 7Turn your face(DO) toward the siege of Jerusalem and with bared arm prophesy against her. . (DV) I have never defiled myself. It will be under siege, and you shall besiege it. They each had two wings(R) spreading out upward, each wing touching that of the creature on either side; and each had two other wings covering its body. 2On the fifth of the monthit was the fifth year of the exile of King Jehoiachin(E) 3the word of the Lord came to Ezekiel(F) the priest, the son of Buzi, by the Kebar River in the land of the Babylonians. And I will show thee things which must be hereafter; not which have been, (for to what purpose had that been)? The agree-ment belongs to a series of parallels between Ezekiels inaugural vision and the accounts of Pauls call or conversion in Acts 9:19, 22:611, and 26:1218. WebBut there are remarkable parallels between Revelation and Ezekiel, two books written about 600 years apart. 7. calf--"a steer" [ALFORD]. Vision of God's Throne in Heaven; the Four and Twenty Elders; the Four Living Creatures. Talking with me - As of a trumpet that seemed to speak directly to me. And the glory of the Lord was standing there, like the glory I had seen by the Kebar River,(CX) and I fell facedown. The brazen sea, in front of the temple, indicated the need for purity in all who came to worship. Revelation 4:1-11 . A human being. The front of the throne.Two ideas are suggested in connection with the sea of glass. Almighty.Heb. . Revelation 4 implies that the seer witnessed the opening of the door. (CF) And there, where they were living, I sat among them for seven days(CG)deeply distressed. Certainly this is a marking point for beginning the third division of Special Sunday Service Sunday, 2nd January 2022 Ministering: Pastor Adeboye Topic: Go" His throne is supported by four living creatures, and twenty-four elders fall down before it. I have assigned you 40 days, a day for each year. RCCG Public Relations on Instagram: "R.C.C.G. Special Sunday (DX), 15Very well, he said, I will let you bake your bread over cow dung instead of human excrement., 16He then said to me: Son of man, I am about to cut off(DY) the food supply in Jerusalem. (g) Misn. 5. proceeded--Greek, "proceed." One oldest manuscript, B, and Syriac insert "the Holy One." (BM) 5You are not being sent to a people of obscure speech and strange language,(BN) but to the people of Israel 6not to many peoples of obscure speech and strange language, whose words you cannot understand. As the watery brightness represents God's holiness, so the fiery red His justice executing fiery wrath. WebEzekiel 1,Revelation 4 NKJV - Ezekiels Vision of God - Now it came - Bible Gateway. (CS) 21But if you do warn the righteous person not to sin and they do not sin, they will surely live because they took warning, and you will have saved yourself. Was as it were of a trumpet - It resembled the sound of a trumpet, Revelation 1:10. (AU) Say to them, This is what the Sovereign Lord says.(AV) 5And whether they listen or fail to listen(AW)for they are a rebellious people(AX)they will know that a prophet has been among them. Contracted superlative of pro; foremost. 7Their legs were straight; their feet were like those of a calf and gleamed like burnished bronze. 4He then said to me: Son of man, go now to the people of Israel and speak my words to them. The Book Being Opened: Chapters 2-3: Chapter 5: 3. Try it FREE. Together the images denote the powerful splendour which beamed from Him who sat on the throne. Heaven is visioned as the sublime palace of the eternal King, and a door is set open so that we may enter the audience-chamber; and we may well be awed by the magnificence, the sublimity, of the scene. They fall . See also Ezekiel 1:0; Daniel 7:0. He may take our attention off from God, and seem to stand in front of Him. 5, we have the victory of the Redeemer over Nicodemus, the woman of Samaria, and the Galilean nobleman. Almighty.Heb. "The thunderings express God's threats against the ungodly: there are voices in the thunders ( Revelation 10:3 ), that is, not only does He threaten generally, but also predicts special judgments" [GROTIUS]. An eagle, bird of prey. They will not let the interest of men stay with Christ. WebSecond, Ezekiel describes the battle and the final outcome. (EA) They will be appalled at the sight of each other and will waste away because of[i] their sin.(EB). The meaning, however, is simply that he saw a new vision, without intimating whether there was any design on his part, and without saying how his thoughts came to be directed to heaven. Compare Luke 3:21; Acts 7:56; Acts 10:11. hereafter--Greek, "after these things": after the present time ( Revelation 1:19 ). Say to them, This is what the Sovereign Lord says,(BX) whether they listen or fail to listen.(BY). What is interesting is reoccurring images that are found in both: Four horses: a black horse, a red horse, and a white horse. The Fathers identified them with the four Gospels, Matthew the lion, Mark the ox, Luke the man, John the eagle: these symbols, thus viewed, express not the personal character of the Evangelists, but the manifold aspect of Christ in relation to the world (four being the number significant of world-wide extension, for example, the four quarters of the world) presented by them severally: the lion expressing royalty, as Matthew gives prominence to this feature of Christ; the ox, laborious endurance, Christ's prominent characteristic in Mark; man, brotherly sympathy with the whole race of man, Christ's prominent feature in Luke; the eagle, soaring majesty, prominent in John's description of Christ as the Divine Word. Here is a brief comparison of Ezekiel 39 to Revelation 16:13-16 and Revelation 19:15, 17-19. (BT) Do not be afraid of them or terrified by them, though they are a rebellious people. Or prolongation petaomai, or contracted ptaomai middle voice of a primary verb; to fly. . He leads men to God. Rev.20:46. And I will show thee things which must be hereafter; It easily happens, that when any truth is gladly received, it is too eagerly declared, and carried beyond its proper limits. WebThe phrase after this (meta tauta in ancient Greek) in Revelation 1:19 is repeated twice in Revelation 4:1. So also in Revelation 5:7 , as in Daniel 7:13 , the Son of man brought before the Ancient of days is distinguished from Him. Comparing the two temples If not, the He afterward heard other sounds - the sounds of praise; but the first notes that fell on his ear were a direction to come up there and receive a revelation respecting future things. A man, one of the human race. Genesis 21 Faithful Forever 2023/02/26 by Redeemer Sermons Ezekiel 1 the power." In Isaiah 6:2 we read, "Each had six wings: with twain he covered his face (in reverence, as not presuming to lift up his face to God), with twain he covered his feet (in humility, as not worthy to stand in God's holy presence), and with twain he did fly [in obedient readiness to do instantly God's command]. [d] 13It was the sound of the wings of the living creatures(CA) brushing against each other and the sound of the wheels beside them, a loud rumbling sound. We should, as it were, forget it when we go in before the Lord in duty, and be willing to drop it, that we may go up to Him in heaven.Matthew Henry. What Does Colossians 2:6-7 Teach Us about Our Faith Walk? Like, similar to, resembling, of equal rank. New International Version (NIV). And, behold, an open door in heaven, and the first voice which 1 heard, the voice which was, as it were, of a trumpet. The heavenly Bow spake to her of the Deluge, the shipwreck of the world for sin; it spake to her also of calm and sunshine after the storm.Wordsworth. In both Greek, "shall fall down": implying that this ascription of praise shall be repeated onward to eternity. crystal--not imperfectly transparent as the ancient common glass, but like rock crystal. Does anyone know why Ezekiel's visions differ between the cherub and ox? When lost sinners now made clean lift their voices loud and strong. He also heard the voice of one speaking aloud to him, like the voice he heard, Revelation 1:10; which said, Come up hither, into heaven, the new Jerusalem which is above; as the old Jerusalem stood upon a hill, or rising ground, so as they who went thither are constantly said to go up, Isaiah 2:3 Acts 11:2 Galatians 1:17,18 2:1. The scene is changed from earth to heaven. Revelation 4 Do We See Any Gospel Connections in the Book of Numbers? Has the 2nd highest PFF grade ever for a RB (barely behind Blake Corum last yr), he is a better receiver than Zeke. These living bearers of the Almightys throne, as the author represents the matter, serve Him with great power, with patient obedience, with quickness of intelligence and reason, and with a rapidity and perspicacity which may indeed be compared to that of the eagle, but of which this king of birds is, after all, only a faint image. 5I have assigned you the same number of days as the years of their sin. But which shall happen hereafter both to my church and to her enemies: from which it appears, that God did not here show his prophet the destruction of Jerusalem, for that was already past, in the time of Titus Vespasian the Roman emperor, about the year 69, or 70, after the incarnation; this (as all confess) was in Domitians time, about the 11th or 12th year of his reign, about twenty-six or twenty-seven years after that was past, which makes the notion of two late annotators very strange. EZEKIEL: REVELATION: 1. As for the likeness of their faces, they four had the face of The holy seer was duly prepared, by such an august vision, for the disclosures which follow, and the mind of the reader can hardly fail to be prepared, also, to look for them with deep interest. 3:2526). Proceeded., continually proceed. four and twenty elders--Greek, "the four and twenty (or as one oldest manuscript, 'twenty-four') elders": the well-known elders [ALFORD]. Simcox suggests that the tenses in this book may be accommodated to the rules of Hebrew rather than of Greek grammar. Rev.10:17. . Rev.1718 (Babylon). WebThe first living creature was like a lion, the second was like an ox, the third had a face like a man, the fourth was like a flying eagle. Thus Jehovah's throne is represented by the mercy seat in the holiest, the Shekinah-cloud over it. Nothing more he'd rather hear, nor so Rev.21. the seven Spirits of God; Revelation 1:4 , 21:23 , Psalms 119:105 ) and fiery purifier of the godly, and consumer of the ungodly ( Matthew 3:11 ). for ever and ever--Greek, "unto the ages of the ages.". Probably adverb of comparative from hos; which how, i.e. Re 4:1-11. The dwelling place of God is with men. It resembled the former "voice" in this, that it was "like the sound of a trumpet," but besides that there does not seem to have been anything that would suggest to him that it came from the same source. III. Who are the four living creatures in Revelation? Through both all the king-priests have to pass in coming to God: His judgments, which overwhelm the ungodly, they stand firmly upon, as on a solid sea of glass; able like Christ to walk on the sea, as though it were solid. And I will show thee things which must be hereafter - Greek, "after these things." Get Your Bible Minute in Your Inbox Every Morning. (AR) 2As he spoke, the Spirit came into me and raised me(AS) to my feet, and I heard him speaking to me. If you have any questions, please review our Privacy Policy or email us at privacy@biblegateway.com. The Four Special Beast/Creatures of Ezekiel and Revelation Special Sunday Service Sunday, 2nd January 2022 Ministering: Pastor Adeboye Topic: Go" Thunder and lightning are our most impressive nature suggestions of the Divine majesty and power. These living creatures are represented as endowed with forms which are symbolical and highly significant. However shifting and changing may be the panorama of events recorded in this book, that throne remains the same. (N) 8Under their wings on their four sides they had human hands. Thank you! thunderings and voices--The two oldest manuscripts transpose, "voices and thunderings." Rainbow.Symbol of Divine mercy, beautiful in itself, and veiling the splendour. 2Then lay siege to it: Erect siege works against it, build a ramp(DG) up to it, set up camps against it and put battering rams around it. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory(AN) of the Lord. Revelation 4 - Bullinger's Companion Bible Notes - StudyLight.org By submitting your email address, you understand that you will receive email communications from Bible Gateway, a division of The Zondervan Corporation, 3900 Sparks Drive SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546 USA, including commercial communications and messages from partners of Bible Gateway. The A.V. The two sections are represented in the one set of elders: not Jews and Christians as distinct bodies. (DF), 4Now, son of man, take a block of clay, put it in front of you and draw the city of Jerusalem on it. Comparisons Between the Visions of St. John in the Book of A calf, heifer, young bull. (BB) 7You must speak(BC) my words to them, whether they listen or fail to listen, for they are rebellious. (Q) 11Such were their faces. Ezekiel 1,Revelation 4 NIV - Ezekiels Inaugural Vision Rev.18 (Babylon). Godet, D.D. (O) All four of them had faces and wings, 9and the wings of one touched the wings of another. 4 cannot but strike the mind of every intelligent reader. The answer is simple; the voice of Christ has many tones; and the voice like a trumpet said, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last. (See Revelation 1:10-13.).

Joinery Workshop To Rent, Jimmy Greenhoff Insurance, Elasticsearch Delete_by_query Version_conflict_engine_exception, Articles C