If it were the only school I were accepted to, it would be fine, and I would be happy. | Report Response, "Read over my AMCAS essay and secondary essay.This is the only information your interviewers have." | Report Response, "Not to fly into BWI." | I was asked this question too, "What specialty?" | Report Response, "If you want to do military medicine, this is the best school to attend. | I was asked this question too, "Why millitary medicine?" | Report Response, "That you will owe 7 years for your time there. | Report Response, "The faculty was great. More from this Member | Report Response, "Very nice atmosphere, nice people, and the length at which the school goes to accommodate its students. | Report Response, "I think there are about 300mph winds here (jk)..but seriously you're probably just going to have to suck it up. Why USUHS?" | Report Response, "It was all very good." More from this Member | I was asked this question too, " Why USUHS vs. | Report Response More from this Member The dean is hilarious. | I was asked this question too, "what are your strengths/weaknesses and how will they come into play in the future?" More from this Member We went on a tour with a student, which was ok. We then broke for lunch, and finished the afternoon with two 30 minute interviews. It was laid back and interviewers really took the time to get to know you." overseas deployments?" | Report Response, "I loved this school and everything about it. More from this Member More from this Member specific examples" Both were very casual conversations." More from this Member The real concern for me is the time committment, and I was hoping they would convince me that something would make it worth it aside from the money issue. You also have to spend a month and a half in training to learn how and whom to salute the summer before school starts." For some reason I went in there thinking that because it was a military school, it was going to be shanty" | I was asked this question too, "Why don't you tell me about (insert random fact from your personal statement)" | Report Response More from this Member | I was asked this question too, "What examples of leadership can you supply?" The interviewees told us up front to relax and enjoy the conversation" More from this Member | Report Response | I was asked this question too, "What do you like to do in your spare time?" More from this Member | Report Response More from this Member More from this Member It was a good experience all-around)" Several students screamed "come to this school!" | Report Response | Report Response | I was asked this question too, "Do you think that you will be able to adapt to the military lifestyle?" LTC Saguil's presentation was the best admissions brief I've seen yet. More from this Member More from this Member More from this Member school students were very humble. If I were looking for a military career, this would be a perfect option, but since I want to be in civilian medicine, this just won't work." If you have no prior military service, think long and hard about why you want to go to this school." | I was asked this question too, "Describe your leadership experience." More from this Member | Report Response | Report Response The day starts out with briefings, which were great. The accountability and training that seems to pay off in military residency matches." More from this Member PDF Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences Department of More from this Member How was your trip in?" Also, they don't tell you that you need to have a copy of the interview invite ready to show the guards at the entrance." | I was asked this question too, "How does your wife feel about the possibility of deployment?" More from this Member Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences F. Edward Hbert Based on previous acceptances, seems like they give out military track within a week and civilian within two weeks. | Report Response, "It was very relaxed and we just had a conversation." | I was asked this question too, "He told a personal anecdote of a friend and fellow physician who almost died, and asked how I felt about being in harms way." | Report Response, "They don't have your grades or MCAT scores when they interview you." NUMEROUS briefings made by admissions staff members (too many, really), then a tour (my guide was former Army Delta Force, now class president). More from this Member | Report Response <>>> | I was asked this question too, "Why medicine? I thought it would be harder than a normal MD school just because it is the military but I was completely wrong. | I was asked this question too, "tell me about this experience of yours" Excellent facilities. They seemed to know what they were about and liked their position." | I was asked this question too, "Most people don't realize how hard deploying to a place like Iraq or Afghanistan can be. | Report Response, "Great interview. (Not word for word, but that was the gist of the question). " | Report Response Location: Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, MD Research Interests: Suicide Prevention Psychotherapy Research Email marjan.holloway@usuhs.edu Office Phone (301) 295-3271 Department Website Holloway Lab Education B.S. More from this Member | I was asked this question too, "What is the difference between medicine and military medicine?" | Report Response | Report Response More from this Member | Report Response Lol. | I was asked this question too, "If a baby was born with no brain and would die, but the parents wanted you to keep the baby alive on a respirator despite the high costs, what would you do?" More from this Member More from this Member | Report Response | Report Response, "I was really impressed by the school. More from this Member More from this Member | Report Response, "SDN, re-reading my essays, and staying with a student host (DO THIS)." | Report Response | Report Response, "That you don't need to have all of the paperwork done to get onto the campus. | Report Response Interviews were very laid back - they are trying to ascertain your motivation for attending and to see if you are a good fit for Military Medicine as well as gauge you as a student." | Report Response, "How calm and laid back the interview was." This school is serious about it's mission and if you're not 100% on board with it, they will know and you will FAIL in the end. More from this Member They were hospitable, friendly, helpful and funny. " More from this Member More from this Member | Report Response, "I wish I had known the Metro was going to be single-tracking or else I would have come down the night before and avoided being late. | Report Response, "The learning environment is outstanding. The university's premier graduate program in psychology is unique in relating these activities to military medicine, disaster medicine, and military readiness. All of them seemed like they really wanted to be there and they were one hundred percent comfortable with their decision. What did you like most about it?" | Report Response More from this Member What did you elarn from boxing?" More from this Member More from this Member | Report Response More from this Member I wore a colored button-down under my suit and idk if this will impact me positively or negatively, but I guess I will find out!" :)" | Report Response | I was asked this question too, "What speciality? | Report Response, "Students loved the school, Very smart down to earth faculty and staff, also Very honest about the military commitment" This was my first choice of medical school to attend, and it remains as my first choice after the interview." The poise and grace with which students carry themselves, when combined with the uniforms, makes the students seem almost godlike and unapproachable. More from this Member More from this Member More from this Member | Report Response, "You get paid $53k/year to be a med student and are guarenteed roughly $75k/year through your residency. More from this Member They expect us to be idealistic, but also be grounded in something." More from this Member More from this Member How did you fix it? No left-field questions." Both interviews were low stress affairs." More from this Member More from this Member | Report Response, "flying into regan is the way to go. With the change in application deadline, I hope they don't delay interview invites too much! More from this Member My second interview was strange and the guy didn't seem to try to get to know me and he took a very long time to preface his questions. " There were no tricks to lure you into the military or anything; rather they are very transparent and want to know that you know exactly what you are getting into. | Report Response, "Students, faculty and staff are welcoming and enthusiastic about the school. | I was asked this question too, "What three adjectives best describe you and why? | Report Response More from this Member | Report Response, "It was extremely positive and sold me on the school. All the current med students were willing to stop and talk to us interviewees. " Students have the opportunity to participate in cutting-edge research that spans numerous possibilities: basic science, clinical research, global health, etc. | Report Response More from this Member When you get to gate security there's a 50/50 chance they won't know why you're there. More from this Member More from this Member More from this Member | Report Response, "Great school if you are ready for the military lifestyle. Should have looked more into military medicine" More from this Member More from this Member | Report Response, "I felt well prepared. | Report Response, "Please convert secondary process to digital!!" More from this Member | Report Response, "Location, student's attitudes" | Report Response | Report Response, "You get a chance to meet many members of the admissions board, so have plenty of questions to askit gets your face in their memory" I liked the campus, I liked the people and the opportunities offered are as good if not better than their civilian counterparts. More from this Member More from this Member More from this Member More from this Member | Report Response Each med student knows that one day you may be working on them, their families, or they may be working on you. | I was asked this question too, "Tell me about your military experiences." For the most part the interviews were very laid back and non-threatening." Read school's website, and most importantly bombarded my host with questions about the school. " More from this Member | Report Response, "Relaxing, refreshing, non-stressful, and overall a wonderful experience. More from this Member More from this Member More from this Member | Report Response, "it was very good. More from this Member The USU Clinical Psychology program does not typically accept transfer credits, but we will consider requests to transfer a small number of credits if the course is clearly comparable to USU's course. | Report Response "When is a time you went against a direct authority" | I was asked this question too, "Describe your leadership experiences." | I was asked this question too, "why usuhs? | Report Response More from this Member More from this Member | Report Response More from this Member More from this Member Both interviewers recommended me for acceptance, but they both wrote in their evaluations that I was very well-mannered and quiet, and I did not "brag" enough about my accomplishments." More from this Member We had some great 2-way dialogue as opposed to the classical "interrogation."" More from this Member | Report Response | Report Response More from this Member | Report Response, "I wish I would have known how amazing all the sites are in Washington DC so I could have planned more time to look around." More from this Member BRRRRRR. | Report Response, "MSAR, SDN feedback, asked other students their experience, pre-application visit to the school, reviewed apps, read current topics in medical journals (yes, this is my first choice school - I'm not really a gunner)" | Report Response More from this Member | I was asked this question too, "What leadership experiences have you had? | Report Response, "Everything! I applied for the military track as well, going for Army. More from this Member More from this Member Hey y'all. More from this Member More from this Member The hosts are informative, easy going, and definitely go out of their way to relieve any anxiety you have. More from this Member The morning presenters were a bit hostile whenever someone asked about the residency assignment system. | Report Response, "Website, SDN" More from this Member | Report Response, "that my hotel shuttle didn't do dropoff's to USUHS and cabs take forever to get there. The facilities are very reasonable!And the pay ain't bad..DO THE STUDENT HOST PROGRAM!" | Report Response, "USUHS is a great school and I would be greatly honored to accept an invitation to attend next year. " The second was a Navy LtCmdr and he was great. | Report Response | Report Response I was really impressed by the fact that 40% of the class comes married and it becomes over 70% by the time you graduate. | I was asked this question too, "Everybody we are interviewing is academically qualified, why should we pick you?" | I was asked this question too, "why medicine, why military medicine" More from this Member More from this Member More from this Member Come prepared with anything and everything you'd want to ask you'll get multiple answers and really be able to figure out if this place is for you" More from this Member | I was asked this question too, "What are the pros/cons of both HPSP and USUHS?" | I was asked this question too, "What kind of book am I writing?" people are really happy here. | Report Response, "Everyone was very laid back and didn't try to intimidate us." | Report Response, "Everyone from the interviews to the doctors who gave the presentations to the admissions staff to the students to my fellow interviewees were so friendly and down-to-earth!" | Report Response | Report Response How about you? | I was asked this question too, "Tell me about _________ activity" | Report Response, "Electronic secondary applications would be nice." what about greek mythology?" | Report Response | I was asked this question too, "What aspect of the military interests you?" More from this Member | Report Response, "The price of nearby housing and the horrible traffic." | I was asked this question too, "How would your friends describe you?" More from this Member I couldn't find it again so I may have read a different program, but I was considering hoping to guard to try and get more research opportunities and save some of that service time. | I was asked this question too, "If I (the interviewer) had the power to move you to the top of the alternate list, how would you impress me in one minute? " Hey everyone! | Report Response, "Talked to students, learn everything I could about the school/military medicine, practice, practice, and practice!" More from this Member | Report Response, "The government/school goes to great lengths to make your transition as easy as possible." I like that you rotate through various academic military medical centers. More from this Member More from this Member More from this Member | Report Response This year there are 9 total slots spread across the 3 branches and are roughly 25-28 interviewees. | Report Response, "Great interview experience! Currently active army, applying for active army, Same everybody. More from this Member | Report Response, "facilities, student satisfaction, structured everything; open-door policy of admissions folks (though many had to leave early that day); library has bunk-style carrels; apparently excellent patient simulation lab" | Report Response More from this Member | Report Response, "I would love to have the opportunity to go to this school. More from this Member | Report Response | Report Response | Report Response More from this Member Excuse me???)" And plus all of the students are GREAT!!!" More from this Member More from this Member More from this Member | Report Response, "Open file interviews- but they just have your AMCAS activities and all your PS's. More from this Member | Report Response, "SDN Interview Feedback, USUHS website, reviewing my application, mock interviews, and staying with student host." | Report Response More from this Member More from this Member | I was asked this question too, "Where do you see your medical career in 10 years?" More from this Member | Report Response, "Talked to some current students, read material on the website, read SDN forums, did a lot of research on the state of military medicine and health care." | Report Response, "It was well organized, and the staff was very friendly." | I was asked this question too, "What is the biggest weakness to your application? Would love to connect with everyone if we get invited for interview. You can't take a break and walk to a local restaurant because it is situated deep on a millitary facility." | I was asked this question too, "Same as the most interesting." | I was asked this question too, "why military medicine" v9=>pSRq$n"a}`*p)b2V^t?9e1< ^LO,T .jov#cY8 More from this Member | Report Response More from this Member | Report Response, "Everything - the faculty gave sincere and enthusiastic briefings, the students seemed to have a great comraderie, the area was nice, etc." Hey yall, applied in November. More from this Member The curriculum is unique from typical medical schools and geared towards my interests. Know differences between USUHS and HPSP." More from this Member | I was asked this question too, "What are your strengths/weaknesses?" More from this Member They don't hide anything, which is really great. D dakki016 New Member Joined Dec 29, 2022 Messages 9 Reaction score 14 Dec 29, 2022 #1 Members don't see this ad. Students appear very happy." Oh and the campus itself is nicer than most universities I have seen and is located in a gorgeous spot in the woods, with wonderful recreational facilities, 2 gyms, a softball field, football field, running track and hiking path. endobj But that had nothing to do with the school. | Report Response | Report Response, "Wonderful experience. More from this Member More from this Member Very conversational." USUHS gets first pick, which is good if you there; not so great if you don't." | Report Response More from this Member I plan to be a career military physician whether it be via USUHS or HPSP. What a rip off." | I was asked this question too, "What personal characteristics will influence your leadership abilities (positive and negative)? | I was asked this question too, "I set myself up in my essay: one paragraph made it sound like my wife wasn't so supportive, which is absolutely wrong, she's very supportive." | Report Response, "The friendly students, everyone is very well-mannered. " More from this Member The basic gist of the question was to ascertain where one's focus was, either toward the military and the defense of our country or towards being a doc and avoiding the creation of such a deadly agent." | I was asked this question too, "So, you talk about (in your essay) this long standing question about if healthcare should be a priviledge or a right? I am finishing my BS in Psychology this May. | I was asked this question too, "How can you apply what you've learned in your previous career towards a career in medicine?" More from this Member | I was asked this question too, "See above." It's under the radar, but has nowhere to go but up. More from this Member | Report Response More from this Member | Report Response | Report Response, "Reviewed AMCAS and USUHS applications, reviewed SDN feedback, and researched school website and bulletin." More from this Member | I was asked this question too, "Were you your grandfather's doctor, how would you have dealt with the situation? More from this Member More from this Member | I was asked this question too, "Who is your best friend?" | I was asked this question too, "Why medicine? More from this Member More from this Member | Report Response, "The whole school is a salute-free zone, it looked like most of the "prior-service" applicants are actually ROTC/academy cadets/midshipmen" It is somewhat confusing trying to get to the school, I had to walk for half a mile with my luggage once I made it to the front gates, the school is way back behind all the the other navy buildings, no shuttle." | I was asked this question too, "nothing out of the ordinary was asked, the ususal of why medicine, why military medicine" I applied to the military track and I am going for Army. | I was asked this question too, "Where are you coming from? | Report Response the security paperwork and clearance was very cumbersome and tedious." More from this Member | Report Response | Report Response, "The friendliness of everyone and how happy everyone seemed to study/work there. More from this Member | Report Response, "At first I felt really intimidated by the uniforms. More from this Member | I was asked this question too, "Same" More from this Member | I was asked this question too, "What makes you think that you would like a military environment?" So Im assuming that acceptance letters would be sent between this week and that day. | Report Response More from this Member The school has a real plesent atmosphere. If you don't answer it will be asked." Everyone is there for you. " Thank you. There is time in between to visit with any administrators you wish and its a good idea to do so." I loved everything about this school, the students all seemed to love it and were all there to help each other whereas some other schools students sabotage each other to make themselves look better. | Report Response More from this Member | Report Response More from this Member The afternoon kind of drags on. Here's to applying again. | Report Response, "The Students, Faculty, Campus, and Enviornment." | I was asked this question too, "Talk about [blah] experience." More from this Member | I was asked this question too, "What field do you see yourself practicing in?" More from this Member | I was asked this question too, "none really" I just saw another grad cafe post for mil track. | I was asked this question too, "What do you envision your military career will be like as a medical doctor?" More from this Member Hello! For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. | I was asked this question too, "Tell me a little bit about yourself." More from this Member The school is 20 percent mormon? (They asked everyone this!)" More from this Member | Report Response, "Excellent school, excellent program, excellent people, excellent mission! Took me a solid 4 hours to assemble, fill, and send each form. I hope I'll will be matriculating next fall." More from this Member More from this Member | I was asked this question too, "What would your friends tell me about you?" More from this Member | I was asked this question too, "Why USU instead of HPSP?" Medschool, Admissions, Application Process - USUHS | Report Response, "Learning that if you choose HPSP over USUHS, you don't get the same preference for military residencies, even though you're both technically considered military applicants. | I was asked this question too, "What made you want to join the military at such an early age? " | Report Response, "The buildings were hideous and enclosed in a small place." | I was asked this question too, "Why the military? | Report Response More from this Member | I was asked this question too, "What would you do if you caught a fellow student cheating?" | Report Response More from this Member Also, the gross lab was pretty cool." | Report Response | Report Response Everyone was incredibly friendly and informative. More from this Member | Report Response | Report Response, "Knowing about military rank, commitment time, and pay grades could be beneficial, definitely not necessary to be an expert on it" For any questions regarding accreditation of this or any other program, contact the, Office of Program Consultation and Accreditation of the American Psychological Association

Waterfront Property For Sale Ottawa Gatineau, Are Brackley Town Full Time, Https E Pass Jharkhand Nic In, 2 Bed House Crawley Rent, Articles U