Spiritual Gifts at Corinth General Epistles 1 Corinthians 13 NKJV - Bible Hub The New Testament GenesisExodusLeviticusNumbersDeuteronomyJoshuaJudgesRuth1 Samuel2 Samuel1 Kings2 Kings1 Chronicles2 ChroniclesEzraNehemiahEstherJobPsalmsProverbsEcclesiastesSong of SongsIsaiahJeremiahLamentationsEzekielDanielHoseaJoelAmosObadiahJonahMicahNahumHabakkukZephaniahHaggaiZechariahMalachiMatthewMarkLukeJohnActsRomans1 Corinthians2 CorinthiansGalatiansEphesiansPhilippiansColossians1 Thessalonians2 Thessalonians1 Timothy2 TimothyTitusPhilemonHebrewsJames1 Peter2 Peter1 John2 John3 JohnJudeRevelation. NKJV, Ancient-Modern Bible, Comfort Print: One faith. 7:6, 7, 13 comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. 4Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up. Do you not know yourselves, (K)that Jesus Christ is in you?unless indeed you [b]are (L)disqualified. New King James Version (NKJV). Poetical Books There may be an open and lavish hand, where there is not a liberal and charitable heart. 1 corinthians 2 NKJV - Christ Crucified - And I, brethren If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of Gods secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didnt love others, I would be nothing. Save 15% on BibleGateway+ with code SPRINGSTUDY15. The apostle prefers it to gifts, by which it appears to be the more excellent way, he speaks of in the latter part of the preceding chapter: he begins with the gift of tongues, which without charity makes a man noisy, but not spiritual, 1Co 13:1 he next mentions the gifts of knowledge of the mysteries of the Gospel, and of preaching them; and also the gift of working miracles, on the account of which a man thinks himself something, and yet with all these, not having the grace of love, he is nothing, 1Co 13:2 to which he adds alms deeds and martyrdom, and observes, that a man may do the one in the most extensive manner, and suffer the other in the most dreadful shape; and yet if love be wanting, from whence, as a principle, all actions and sufferings should flow, these will be of no avail, 1Co 13:3 and then the apostle proceeds to describe and commend this grace, by its effects and properties, and that in sixteen particulars; by which it appears to be exceeding useful, and what adorns and recommends the person possessed of it, 1Co 13:4-8 and enlarges upon the last, namely, the duration and perpetuity of it; showing that the gifts of knowledge, speaking with tongues, and preaching, shall fail, but this will not, 1Co 13:8 the failure of these gifts he proves from the imperfection of them, which therefore must be removed in a perfect state of things, 1Co 13:9,10 this he illustrates, by comparing the present imperfect state to childhood, and the future one to manhood, which he exemplifies in himself, 1Co 13:11 the imperfect knowledge of the one he compares to looking at objects through a glass, and to an enigma, riddle, or dark saying; and the perfect knowledge of the other, to seeing face to face, without any artificial help, 1Co 13:12 and he concludes this excellent commendation of charity by observing, that it is not only preferable to gifts, but even to graces, and these the more eminent, and which are abiding graces too, as faith and hope; and yet charity exceeds these, both as to its duration and use, 1Co 13:13. 9For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. The Holy Bible, New King James Version, Copyright 1982 Thomas Nelson. 2And if I have the gift of prophecy and I know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith so that I can remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. New King James Version (NKJV). Test yourselves. 5Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. By the mouth of two or three witnesses every word shall be established.. 2And if I have prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. Faith fixes on the Divine revelation, and assents thereto, relying on the Divine Redeemer. Tongues are good, prophecy and knowledge and faith are good, sacrifice is good. Bible > 1 Corinthians > Chapter 13 > Verse 2 1 Corinthians 13:2 Verse (Click for Chapter) King James Bible Copyright 1982 by Thomas Nelson. (L)Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God. Sign up now for the latest news and deals from Bible Gateway! Revised Standard Version, 12Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but (M)the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God. 2 I told you before, and foretell you, as if I were present, the second time; and being absent now I write to them which heretofore have sinned, and to all other, that, if I come again, I will not spare: Error: Passwords should have at least 6 characters, Error: Usernames should only contain letters, numbers, dots, dashes, or underscores. Historical Books GenesisExodusLeviticusNumbersDeuteronomyJoshuaJudgesRuth1 Samuel2 Samuel1 Kings2 Kings1 Chronicles2 ChroniclesEzraNehemiahEstherJobPsalmsProverbsEcclesiastesSong of SongsIsaiahJeremiahLamentationsEzekielDanielHoseaJoelAmosObadiahJonahMicahNahumHabakkukZephaniahHaggaiZechariahMalachiMatthewMarkLukeJohnActsRomans1 Corinthians2 CorinthiansGalatiansEphesiansPhilippiansColossians1 Thessalonians2 Thessalonians1 Timothy2 TimothyTitusPhilemonHebrewsJames1 Peter2 Peter1 John2 John3 JohnJudeRevelation, Select a Beginning Point Pentateuch 35:30; Deut. Choose the bible topic you want to study . Let us ask whether this Divine love dwells in our hearts. Reina-Valera 1960, 1 Corinthians 13:2 - NIV And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. 9 For we are glad # 1 Cor. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God. 10:12; 17:9; 1 Thess. 2If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. Save 15% on BibleGateway+ with code SPRINGSTUDY15. 3And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body [a]to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing. 1 Corinthians 13 - If I speak in the tongues of men and of - ESV Bible so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. YouVersion uses cookies to personalize your experience. 12For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Get the answers your looking for and save with code SPRINGSTUDY15! By proceeding, you consent to our cookie usage. 8 For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth. I may have the gift to speak what God has revealed, and I may understand all mysteries and have all knowledge. 1 Corinthians 13:2 - KJV Copyright 1982 by Thomas Nelson. 4:10 when we are weak and you are strong. Deepen your knowledge of Scripture for less than $5/mo. 3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body [ a]to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing. 16For (O)who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him? (P)But we have the mind of Christ. 1 Corinthians 13:2 NKJV - And though I have the | Biblia (B)By the mouth of two or three witnesses every word shall be established.. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known. GenesisExodusLeviticusNumbersDeuteronomyJoshuaJudgesRuth1 Samuel2 Samuel1 Kings2 Kings1 Chronicles2 ChroniclesEzraNehemiahEstherJobPsalmsProverbsEcclesiastesSong of SongsIsaiahJeremiahLamentationsEzekielDanielHoseaJoelAmosObadiahJonahMicahNahumHabakkukZephaniahHaggaiZechariahMalachiMatthewMarkLukeJohnActsRomans1 Corinthians2 CorinthiansGalatiansEphesiansPhilippiansColossians1 Thessalonians2 Thessalonians1 Timothy2 TimothyTitusPhilemonHebrewsJames1 Peter2 Peter1 John2 John3 JohnJudeRevelation, Use semicolons to separate groups: 'Gen;Jdg;Psa-Mal' or 'Rom 3-12;Mat 1:15;Mat 5:12-22', * 'Number Delimiters' only apply to 'Paragraph Order', There are options set in 'Advanced Options', The Whole Bible 2And though I have the gift of aprophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, bso that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 5Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; 6Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; 7Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. Access 50+ premium resources. Darby Translation, 2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. It is a grace, lasting as eternity. Are we willing to lay aside selfish objects and aims? 11 No one can know a person's thoughts except that person's own spirit, and no one can know God's thoughts except God's own Spirit. Sign up now for the latest news and deals from Bible Gateway! Wisdom Literature 2And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the [a]testimony of God. The Old Testament GenesisExodusLeviticusNumbersDeuteronomyJoshuaJudgesRuth1 Samuel2 Samuel1 Kings2 Kings1 Chronicles2 ChroniclesEzraNehemiahEstherJobPsalmsProverbsEcclesiastesSong of SongsIsaiahJeremiahLamentationsEzekielDanielHoseaJoelAmosObadiahJonahMicahNahumHabakkukZephaniahHaggaiZechariahMalachiMatthewMarkLukeJohnActsRomans1 Corinthians2 CorinthiansGalatiansEphesiansPhilippiansColossians1 Thessalonians2 Thessalonians1 Timothy2 TimothyTitusPhilemonHebrewsJames1 Peter2 Peter1 John2 John3 JohnJudeRevelation, Select an Ending Point Wisdom Literature 2And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. New International Version, 1 Corinthians 13:2-13 NKJV - And though I have the gift of prophecy (I)Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,Nor have entered into the heart of manThe things which God has prepared for those who love Him.. This chapter is taken up in the commendation of the grace of charity, or love, which is preferred to all gifts whatsoever; is described by its properties and effects, and particularly its duration; on which account it is represented as more excellent than other principal graces. 4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing . 3:18; 5:7); Phil. 2 Corinthians 13:11, 1 Peter 3:11, Psalms 4:8, Philippians 4:9, Galatians 5:22, Isaiah 12:2 2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. By registering for an account, you agree to Faithlifes. New English Translation, - Universal Beginnings (Chuck Missler). Thus shall we think of our most valued gifts of this world, when we come to heaven. Used by permission. "By the mouth of two or three witnesses every word shall be established." Read full chapter 2 Corinthians 13:1 in all English translations 2 Corinthians 12 Galatians 1 New King James Version (NKJV) It means: (1) In a general sense, love, benevolence, good-will; (2) In theology, it includes supreme love to God and universal good-will to mankind; (3) In a more particular sense, it denotes the love and kindness which springs from the natural relations, as the "charities" of father, son, brother; 2 For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. The Gospels prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. Used by permission. 13And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity. 12 And we . 13And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love. Salem Media Group. All rights reserved. All things are dark and confused now, compared with what they will be hereafter. You can copy the order of your preferred Bible translations from the Bibles Tab to the Version Picker (this popup) or vice versa. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 9For we are glad (N)when we are weak and you are strong. If you have any questions, please review our Privacy Policy or email us at privacy@biblegateway.com. How are those deluded who look for acceptance and reward for their good works, which are as scanty and defective as they are corrupt and selfish! For more information on this translation, see the NKJV Preface. Textus Receptus. Become complete. Westminster Leningrad Codex, Passwords should have at least 6 characters. But if I dont have love, I am nothing. 4:8). Historical Books The Bibles Tab is found in the Tools feature on Bible pages: Note: MLA no longer requires the URL as part of their citation standard. 12:8; Matt. Minor Prophets 2For I determined not to know anything among you (A)except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these. Num. King James Version, 13 And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these . 13These things we also speak, not in words which mans wisdom teaches but which the [d]Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 2 For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. 17:20; 21:21; Mark 11:23; Luke 17:6, 1 Corinthians 13:2 in all English translations, NKJV, The Story: The Bible as One Continuing Story of God and His People, NKJV Study Bible, Full-Color, Comfort Print: The Complete Resource for Studying Gods Word, NKJV, Chronological Study Bible, Comfort Print: Holy Bible, New King James Version, NKJV, Chronological Study Bible: Holy Bible, New King James Version, NKJV, Woman's Study Bible, Red Letter, Full-Color: Receiving God's Truth for Balance, Hope, and Transformation, NKJV, Abide Bible, Red Letter Edition, Comfort Print: Holy Bible, New King James Version. New King James Version (NKJV). Used by permission. Blue Letter Bible is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, David Guzik :: 1 Corintios 7 Principios Sobre el Matrimonio y la Soltera, David Guzik :: Hechos 9 La Conversin de Saulo de Tarso, David Guzik :: Apocalipsis 20 Satans, el Pecado y la Muerte son Finalmente Eliminados, David Guzik :: Gnesis 3 La tentacin y cada del hombre, David Guzik :: 2 Samuel 22 El Salmo de Alabanza de David, Jehovah's Witnesses, Jesus and the Holy Trinity (Walter Martin), The Meaning of the Cross Part 2 (Elisabeth Elliot), Spiritism: Prophecy and Astrology (Walter Martin), 2 Thessalonians 1-3 (1982-85 Audio) (Chuck Smith), Genesis 2-3 (1979-82 Audio) (Chuck Smith), Intro. New American Standard Bible 1995, 10But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. We don't use words taught to us by people. It ever prefers the welfare of others to its private advantage. 2 To the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all who in every place call on the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:. 2And if I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 1 Corinthians 13 (KJV) - Though I speak with the - Blue Letter Bible 4 And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words If you have any questions, please review our Privacy Policy or email us at privacy@biblegateway.com. 14(N)But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. Enter code SPRINGSTUDY15 to save 15% for life!. Enter code SPRINGSTUDY15 and have answers to your Bible questions at your fingertips. get to know the Bible better! 1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God. - KJV (King James Version), - NKJV (New King James Version), - NIV (New International Version), - USCCB (United States Conference of Catholic Bishops), - Bible Gateway 2. 15But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one. If I dont have love, I am nothing at all. 17:6; 19:15; Matt. 1 Corinthians 2:13 NKJV - These things we also | Biblia 8Love never fails. 6:9 we may seem disqualified. 1 Corinthians 13 - The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 1 Corinthians 13:2 KJV: And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. 1 Corinthians 1 NKJV - Bible Hub Any other use of the NKJV must be in conformity with the Quotation Policy for the New King James Version. 12 For as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ. Luke-Acts The Whole Bible 2And though I have the gift of (A)prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, (B)so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If you have any questions, please review our Privacy Policy or email us at privacy@biblegateway.com. Nor even the most painful sufferings. I Corinthians 12 | NKJV Bible | YouVersion

City Of Quincy Property Look Up, Articles OTHER