2014 Hyundai Tucson 2.4L L4 Limited 151,496 miles $1,963 - $2,399 2006 Hyundai Tucson 2.7L V6 GLS 153,000 miles $1,990 - $2,432 Please c0mment below. Without clutch actuation, the car won't move. Almost as if the car is somewhat engaging the clutch but still slipping. One of the advantages of the Hyundai Ioniq and other Hyundai/KIA hybrid cars with DCT transmissions is that creeping in traffic and pulling away from a standing start is by the electric motor - the engine is started and synchronised with the cars speed before its clutch is engaged with minimal slip. The recall report says drivers may be alerted to the problem by "illumination of multiple warning lamps." level. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Affected models include 2022 model year Elantra N, Kona N, and Santa Cruz vehicles and Santa Fe, Sonata, and Veloster N vehicles from both 2021 and 2022, with 53,142 total vehicles involved in the recall. 1.4 km from the center of the location Bacu. Schematic Diagrams VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. I'm only here to look every few months, but thought I would offer up some information. In principle, the DCT oil is not changed under normal driving control by the TCM. But it must be inspected and replenished every 4 years or 40,000 The clutches . Perform learning when replacing DCT assembly, dual clutch, There are 69,038 Kias involved, 65,612 of those Sorentos. This video shows you how to remove, replace and program the Clutch actuator on 6 Speed DCT on all models of Hyundai and KIA equipped with 6 Speed Dual Clutch. See link below for old thread: Hyundai is probably telling you the truth, at this stage of the game when clutches fail it's warranty work and then most likely more cost effective (less labor hrs) to replace the entire DCT and and ship it back to Hyundai repair facility where they will reman it and replace it another car where the DCT has failed. The 8-speed DCT is one of the most used transmissions across Hyundai's model range, meaning 61,861 of the company's cars will be affected in the US. There is a remedy, according to Hyundai's recall statement. More information in our, Complete clutch kit with dual-mass flywheel replacement, Complete clutch kit with dual-mass flywheel replacement, Bacu, Car workshops - Complete clutch kit with dual-mass flywheel replacement, Bacu, Smart, Transmission fluid and filter replacement in automatic transmission. Owners who don't want to wait that long can contact Hyundai customer service at 855-371-9460 and mention internal recall number 236, or contact Kia customer service at 800-333-4542 and mention recall number SC250. "Dealers will also reprogram the transmission control unit with updated software that provides proper 'failsafe' driving capability.". DCT requires the similar maintenance as a Manual. At that point, internal fault detection can put the vehicle into a limited-mobility "fail-safe" mode. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Take a look at the offer of our recommended workshops and pick the best one for your Renault. However, under harsh driving conditions, it must be changed every Why isn't this in the TSB section of the forums? Remove the clutch actuator assembly. We may earn commission from links on this page, but we only recommend products we back. 1. A potentially inadequate soldering job could allow a board component to detach, thereby causing a pump malfunction. They will also reprogram the transmission control unit with updated software to fix the fail-safe driving capability. - Chuck Berry. Silver Certified Hyundai tech turned Sonographer, but it does help the dct's , i performed a re learning this morning on one of the velosters in the yard and i find it performs alot better, without the new learnings i find that the dct is very sloppy and feels like it almost slips when your in drive from 1st to 2nd and sometimes 3rd , with this re learning i noticed a big difference. If that happens, warning lights, a chime, and the directive to "stop safely immediately" alert the driver and the vehicle enters a failsafe mode to prevent further damage. With a DCT, one of the clutches looks like a much small plate, and the other clutch is a wide band/ring 2: The pressure plates are of a slightly different construction compared to a traditional manual 3: Situational: There's two types of DCT clutch systems - Dry clutch and Wet clutch. High frequency driving on rough roads (bumpy roads, sand "All owners of the subject vehicles will be notified by first-class mail with instructions to bring their vehicles to a Hyundai dealer to inspect the transmission and replace it, if necessary," the statement says. Thanks for your comments and suggestions guys. Hyundai replied saying the clutch is an available part ($750) and replaceable. You may order presentation ready copies to distribute to your colleagues, customers, or clients, by visiting https://www.parsintl.com/publication/autoblog/. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. New 2024 Mercedes E-Class Wagon Confirmed for U.S. New BMW Patent Could Make Performance EVs More Fun. Likely to get the same 1.5-litre diesel engine as the current model; might get the new 1.2-litre turbo-petrol engine. One of the advantages of the Hyundai Ioniq and other Hyundai/KIA hybrid cars with DCT transmissions is that creeping in traffic and pulling away from a standing start is by the electric motor - the engine is started and synchronised with the cars speed before its clutch is engaged with minimal slip. You can usually resolve this issue by recalibrating the transmission control unit or replacing clutch system parts. Silver 2013 Veloster Turbo, which replaced Silver 2012 Veloster "Lemon". Hyundai issued a recall through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NTSHA) over a potential malfunction found in six models' high-pressure transmission oil pump. 148. Hi Chris , that is not good, I thought that trans used two clutch? belts. In principle, the transmission oil is maintenance-free, and no In the meantime, owners can check whether their vehicle is affected on the NHTSA recalls website. For more information, please see our Remove the oil filler plug (A), and check the oil state and oil level. Then replace the removed oil filler plug. Pre-tensioner seat belt The DCT clutch pack should last the typical first-owner period with the car and beyond. JavaScript is disabled. Build one at Hyundai USA. This page is for personal, non-commercial use. Clogged transmission filer - The transmission fluid filter may get clogged by metal shaving, clutch metal, or broken internal parts. 1. 39. r/MechanicAdvice 23 days ago. The recalled models weren't manufactured at the same plant eitherspread across Hyundai's Alabama and South Korea plants. The procedure includes three steps which must be performed for proper DCT learning. In order to preserve the transmission, the clutches will automatically disengage once the oil-pump fault is identified. in the finished car to ensure accurate DCT(Dual Clutch Transmission) Only speculation on my part - but at some point the vehicle weight comes into play with respect for a smooth engagement from standstill. That's slang for the CPI unit. This video looks at the process including the tools required for a. Privacy Policy. Owner Reviews Write a Review Mike D on December 3, 2021 This can be followed by total loss of motive ability as the transmission clutches and drive gears disengage after 20 to 30 seconds, Hyundai's filing said. Clutch characteristics learning 3. Hyundai also clarified that no crashes or injuries have been reported as a result of this defect. The bigger issue is that the transmission control unit (TCU) gives the driver between 20 and 30 seconds to get parked in a safe spot before disengaging the transmission's clutches. in Power Window Switch. Past month; All good. its just a tsb stating how to reprogram the DCT if, in the event you need to or the tranny is replaced. liters of new oil. Dealers will inspect the transmissions, replacing them free of charge when necessary. Then fill with new oil. Remove the drain plug (A) and drain all the oil. Should they do this as well? Identification of Gear Shift Timing. I suppose this will satisfy the purists. 3.1 km from the center of the location Bacu, The site uses cookies. Replacement In principle, the DCT oil is not changed under normal driving conditions. Vehicles most likely to hit 300,000 miles, Cars most likely to have major powertrain problems, Top 10 brands with the lowest average repair cost to fix a check engine light, Top 10 brands least likely to flash a check engine light, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. https://www.hyundai-forums.com/ad-2017-elantra/630537-hyundai-elantra-7-sp-dct-life-expectancy.html, https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for1=ELANTR&digitalRetail=true&clickType=listing, Hyundai Veloster: Dual Clutch Transmission(DCT) System - Hyundai Veloster 2010-2019 Service Manual, https://www.autoevolution.com/news/hyundai-i30-n-dct-coming-in-2019-with-eight-speeds-124418.html, https://www.caradvice.com.au/632003/hyundai-i30-n-dual-clutch-auto-confirmed-for-late-2019/, https://www.torquenews.com/3793/hyundai-transmission-recall-problem-opportunities. The bigger issue is that the transmission control unit (TCU) gives the driver between 20 and 30 seconds to get parked in a safe spot before disengaging the transmission's clutches. Shifting position learning Ensure that all steps are performed when performing DCT learning See less 2012 Marathon Blue Hyundai Veloster , Hyundai Service Technician Reply Save Like The clutch assembly itself might develop judder at 40-60K miles. I would add that I had a long conversation with the local service manager as we know one another well and he doesnt lie. Searching for a specialized Smart workshop from Bacu that offers the service - Complete clutch kit with dual-mass flywheel replacement? Support the DCT (Dual Clutch Transmission) with only a jack, and then loosen the mounting bolts (A: 2, B: 3). In the USA currently they may not bother to stock the clutch pack given they are replacing the whole tranny. The fuel regulators would leak and the only solution given by GM was to replace the entire spider system. Jack Fitzgeralds love for cars stems from his as yet unshakable addiction to Formula 1. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Clutch needs replacement after 77000 km for DCT, Re: Clutch needs replacement after 77000 km for DCT, Quote from: Dazzler on December 06, 2018, 21:37:15, Quote from: beerman on December 07, 2018, 02:51:55, Quote from: nzenigma on December 07, 2018, 00:12:20, Quote from: chris87 on December 06, 2018, 13:04:52, Quote from: mickd on December 07, 2018, 05:00:28, Quote from: Dazzler on December 07, 2018, 06:22:34, Quote from: nzenigma on December 07, 2018, 10:13:46, Quote from: Dazzler on December 07, 2018, 03:22:54, SimplePortal 2.3.5 2008-2012, SimplePortal, 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson), FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR, 2018 PD2 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6T, DCT, White, I30 SR Premium. If no abnormal vibration is felt, the Double Clutch does not need to be replaced. Then replace Buy a Used 2019 (19) Hyundai Tucson 1.6 TGDi 177 SE Nav 5dr 2WD DCT from Arnold Clark in Stirling. If the oil is dirty, loosen the oil drain plug (B) and drain the oil. They are a great transmission shop, very knowledgeable. If the oil is dirty, loosen the oil drain plug (B) and drain the Checks gear shift precision and normal clutch operation The Hyundai i40 DCT requires a specific process for clutch assembly replacement including resetting the actuators. but why would they put it outthere is usually something to complain about. We highly advise you to check the manufacturer owners manual before performing any act of removal, diagnosis, inspection, or repair on your car to know about what you are authorized to do on your car, what the correct and legal procedure is and what risks might be involved, also viewers are strongly advised to consult a licensed person before any sort of inspection or repair. Oct 13, 2022 Hyundai Hyundai confirms that six of its late-model vehicles are subject to a recall and sales stop, due to problems with the 8-speed dual-clutch transmission. The average cost for Hyundai Tucson Transmission Assembly Replacement is $2082. Of all the things I ever lost I miss my mind the most. Drop it off at our shop and pick it up a few hours later, or save time and have our Delivery mechanics come to you. Yes. Tightening torque: (A,B) 42.2 ~ 53.9 N.m (4.3 ~ 5.5 kgf.m, 31.1 ~ 39.8 lb-ft) Installation The '23 Toyota Corolla Hatch Is Normcore on Wheels, What We Learned in Red Bulls Domination In Baku, Prock, Hight Add Wins to John Force Racing Legacy, Hyundai Bets on Software as Way to Catch Tesla, Hyundai and Boston Dynamics to Launch AI Institute, Hyundai Issues Recall for Exploding Seatbelt Part, The 2023 Hyundai Ioniq 6 Shows Sedans Have a Home, Tax Credits Are Now in Play for Both New, Used EVs, Ford, Hyundai, GM, VW Try to Build EV Supremacy, Hyundai Executive Finds Freedom in Styling EVs, The 2024 Hyundai Kona Shows US Specs at New York, Q1 Sales Look Good, but Not for Toyota, Stellantis, The 2024 Hyundai Sonata Looks Better than Ever, Heres Why Hyundai Is Betting on These Robots, SUV Passengers Arent as Safe as They Might Think, Hyundai Recalls, Stops Sale of Six Dual-Clutch Transmission Models. No automaker is having a good time dealing with semiconductor chips and circuit boards, but Hyundai and Kia are having an especially hard time. Specifically, this recall will affect the 2021-22 Hyundai Santa Fe, Sonata, and Veloster N models, as well as the 2022 Elantra N, Kona N, and Santa Cruz models. Thanks for subscribing. So is this something I should ask my dealer to do - I'm going in in a couple of days to have them look at the infamous Tranny noise issue with my DCT. it is normal in the Dual Clutch Transmission. "Don't let the same dog bite you twice." Specifically, the recall affects models equipped with Hyundai's eight-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission (DCT). Step 2. Park the vehicle on flat ground and turn off the engine. If your clutch wears out, and it is no longer under warranty, take your vehicle to County Transmission in Vienna. The automakers believe no more than one percent of the total population is affected with the problem. They can also get in touch with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) Vehicle Safety Hotline at 888-327-4236 (TTY 800-424-9153). What is the Hyundai N DCT? DCT stands for Dual Clutch Transmission, and it works by using two clutches to engage and disengage the gears. This video shows how we remove, replace and program the Clutch Actuator (Clutch TouchPoint Learning) on 7 Speed DCT on all models of Hyundai and KIA equipped with 7 Speed Dual Clutch. and gravel roads, snow-covered roads, and unpaved roads), Frequent driving on mountain trails and inclines, In case the vehicle is used as a police vehicle, taxi, Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. Passenger power window switch Install the faulty clutch actuator (A) on special service tool (09430-C1302) and fix the actuator using nuts and bolts. Circuit Diagram Front Brembo Disc Brake Rotors + BCP Pads for Hyundai H-1 I-Load I-Max TQ (#175534732023) . What vehicle did Hyundai 1st put the DCT in - I was under the impression that it was the 2016 Tucson - and based on the posts here of folks who bought early/mid 2016 production Tucsons and either theirs replaced or had multiple trip to the dealer the Hyundai DCT was not entirely ready for prime at that - if it was why did it require SW updates. n***e (21) - Feedback left by buyer n***e (21). I think this whole DCT business is one big con job. A few months back I posted in this forum about my 2017 Hyundai Elantra Sport DCT and that the clutch is not replaceable. Without wanting to go against the advice of the mecanic. . The drain plug gasket must be replaced with a new one. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. Hyundai Veloster 2011-2017 Service Manual, Hyundai Veloster 2010-2017 Owner's Manual, Hyundai Veloster 2010-2017 Service Manual. ACS stock a wide range of DCT Clutch Assemblies and Installation/Removal tools. Clutch Replacement Procedure: Remove the Dual-Clutch Transmission followingthe shop manual procedure. Scan this QR code to download the app now. The Hyundai 7spd DCT is dry, the 8spd is wet.

Harry Potter Fanfiction Harry Is Petite Slash, Articles H