Fun on the road. This car always bottoms out. My grandpa's 2001 pt has 180,000KM with original timing belt and water pump. What I like about my car, is that it is compact, great on gas mileage, and fits me just right.. What I do not like about it, is that it is already 13 years old and I have to keep taking it in for repairs.. I have had no problems. Only drawback is room in trunk. 'She starts, she goes'.. Everytime. because it was missing number four plug has no The Pt cruiser is very compact under the hood so a lot of people don't like working on them. PT Cruiser drivers typically report a minimum lifespan of 200,000 miles, with maximum lifespans extending well past 250,000 miles. I like that my cat is a convertible. Yes, it is a basic model. The 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser offers a measly 7.4 cubic feet of storage space to start with, but you can fold the seats flat and go up to 64.2 cubic feet, which aint bad for a compact. account information here. We research hundreds of models each Its very small. of over 6 million vehicles to find a cheap new, used, or certified pre-owned (CPO) 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser for I read that the year and the model is known for the wires melting and causing the ac to malfunction. This car is very good on gas, I have taken countless of road trips safely! Water pump and timing chain have been replaced. Alex is an automotive enthusiast with over 15 years of experience in the used car market. Most and Least Reliable Refrigerator Brands, Most Reliable Central Air-Conditioning Systems. them I just got a tune up and 2000 I have very few technical problems, mainly just battery and tires. The 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser has been recalled 1 time by NHTSA. Changed timing A Hyundai Elantra prices in the same range as a PT Cruiser, but its more efficient, more powerful, and more fun to drive. warranty still driving the car and love the ride. Took it back to It has very good gas mileage and has lots of storage room in back. Used 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Consumer Reviews - Edmunds Banned : Join Date: Dec 2010. For hauling cargo, the wagon version of the PT Cruiser excels. Fun to drive there are no more words to relate to this vehicle. I LOVE THIS CAR. Enough space for a family of 5 automatic windows CD player and AUX cord. Personally my vehicle runs extremely well, has lasted me for years as long as it's maintained properly, recently fixed up the fan & a/c, running perfectly fine again. It's a fun car, and my second PT Cruiser, This car has been my first favorite. Easy to park, good service experience. The motor mounts tend to have an issue and once you fix the factory standard it is fine afterward. I do regular maintenance as needed and my car gets me from point A to point B. I'm simply asking about used cars and their "life span" since I'm going to be buying used for the first time. But it is low to the ground and small so I would not take any long road trips with it. But after some time behind the wheel, its evident that the engineers got it right. I intend to keep her and drive her forever. I have had this vehicle for over 7 years and plan to keep driving it as long as I can. It makes me very happy, and I really love my PT Cruiser. 2005 Pt Cruiser Convertible. life expectancy of a turbocharger? Replaced water pump cam sensor monthly maintenance runs great good for highway cruising mpg is fair. they considered serious (because of cost, failure, safety, or downtime). It has a lot of trunk space and leg room. Stay at home mom single with kids. Something is always going wrong. Driving in stop and go traffic and getting 20 mpg is not fun but hear compliments from old people. Yes. Nice design. Sorry if yours didn't suit you. The PT Cruiser is low-maintenance, and these prices are for models with under 150,000 miles on the odometer. But the extra little features make it worth it. Don't ever buy a PT Cruiser!! However, I just seem to have one problem after another and if I could get rid of it I would. DAIMLERCHRYSLER RECALL NO. Good snow car, if u can keep a bumper on it. You can only travel with 3 other people because my backseat has only 2 seats instead of the standard 3. I was most reliable for me. That averages out to about 13 years. 2005 PT Cruiser Convertible. Non-interference means the piston will not hit the valves, it does not include the valves striking each other, which is what happened when my sisters belt went on her '03 limited, and her mech will attest to that! Gets u to and from work. From battery problems, to electric problems, to even overheating problems, it has them. Runs great, shift smoothly, original parts. It is fun to drive and gets a lot of looks. Chrysler PT Cruiser Maintenance Schedule - RepairPal.com I took it to So far,I always believed that if you take care of your car, it will care of you. No I have had trouble with it since the day I bought it. Love it because it is different, comfortable, and dependable. It gets very good gas mileage, very easy to operate and just an overall fun car to drive. The slow acceleration, awkward layout, and mediocre fuel economy, not so much. j=d.createElement(s),dl=l!='dataLayer'? It also gets good gas mileage. ago. . Find aused certified pre-owned Chryslerfor sale. The bumper is the only thing that was a major issue. it wears them out, new brakes every year because of the ceramic brake pads bad design. The engine is paired to a 4-speed automatic transmission and configured in front wheel drive, and it averages 22/29 miles to the gallon, city/highway. Our grandkids like to ride in it and they like the exterior red color. Very good running motor and adjustable seats for your own comfort. Vehicle History's team of automotive experts brings you the most accurate and up-to-date used car information. I do like how the seats fold down. High maintenance costs. At $3,356 to $5,830 it's cheap, but still not worth it since you'll spend thousands on repairs. But she runs reliably, and that's all I am going to ask of her. I've had it for 5 or 6 yrs. Love the retro look of the car as well as the comfort and performance. Fits a lot of stuff inside and is extremely attractive but very expensive on mechanical problems and for gas. It is got a lot of room. It's also good if you're someone who likes to drive a It is extremely comfortable to get in and out of. owned. I got 2000 worth of So be prepared to have a lot of cosmetic issues to fix. While I'd like to have a new vehicle (if I could afford it) I do not want to give up my PT Cruiser just to have a newer vehicle. It has lots of cargo space, cozy and comfortable seating. Faulty components, such as the spark plugs and ignitor, may need to be replaced. Next is the front and a cheap(ish) The base engine in the 2005 PT Cruiser is a 2.4L inline-four delivering 150 horsepower and 165 lb.-ft. of torque. Then the timing belt broke and then the cam sensor needed changing now the transmission is not changing correctly. Chryslers designers have created a vehicle that is both aesthetically appealing and practical, while also being quite fun to drive. The PT Cruiser is pretty underwhelming as a whole, its nobodys dream car, but that disinterest has resulted in some of the lowest prices on the used car market. I love the size of my car! Ever since our family has gotten this vehicle, it has had nothing but problems that nobody can figure out. The car have good gas mileage also it has good tires on the car. 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser (Photo: Chrysler) Inside, the PT Cruiser looks like no other car. Functions work properly if well managed. OEM Chrysler Pt-Cruiser Parts & Accessories | Mopar Estores Just a lot of fun to drive for any length of trip. I prefer this option in a vehicle whenever I have dogs so as not to give them a height advantage by being in the back of the vehicle. She drives like a dream. There are four models of the PT Cruiser available. you're interested in, check the AutoCheck vehicle history reports, read dealer reviews, and find PT Cruiser drivers typically report a minimum lifespan of 200,000 miles, with maximum lifespans extending well past 250,000 miles. I wish the trunk was a bit larger, but I love my car all around! Reactivate now I like the functionality of it being small but with enough flat storage space and shelf to make turning it from a family vehicle to a run quick deliveries for my business. find cheap prew-owned vehicles for sale near you. My question is im looking at a 2009 pt cruiser on Kimi looks good for 700 Most of the 2005 Chrysler PT Cruisers issues are electrical in nature, with 46 of the cars 252 total National Highway Traffic Safety Administration complaints being for electrical problems. No pick up and go. We recommend the Element since they last longer and hold their value much better. The passenger front window also will not roll down and is being held up permanently with a piece of wood. Has a problem with overheating when using the air conditioning in very hot weather. Sporty and roomy. is flashing.code read random misfire&crank sensors. It is not running properly, has been overheating and the drivers side headlight does not work due to some sort of electrical problem. They last a long time with no major problems. It is big enough for tall people and priced well for a first time buyer. But very reliable. If that's not enough, the performance-oriented GT offers a higher-boost version good for 230 ponies. Have questions about warranties or CPO programs? I have 177,885 miles. But I can still open it with my key. Simple dashboard not much stuff on dash. In the GT model youll find a turbo-charged version of the 2.4L i4, delivering 220 horsepower and 245 lb.-ft. of torque, and averaging 21/27 miles to the gallon. That is at least 30 cents more per gallon. Radio has an electrical problem and wont stay connected unless you hit the steering wheel. When the PT Cruiser debuted for 2001, its retro-themed styling caused such a fervor among buyers that they paid thousands of dollars over sticker to get one. I have the basic model, no fancy features. I have 2, an 08 and 03, the 08 has 117,000,and the A well-maintained 2006 PT Cruiser should last around 150,000 miles, half as long as other hatchbacks like the Scion xB. engine). It rides smoothly. Seems like there's always something wrong with it though. Bad! 2007 PT Cruiser. It was my favorite car ever. Other than that it's a great car and I would recommend it. Only recurring problem, camshaft positioning sensor replaced twice since car went over 80K. All Rights Reserved. The Cruiser has had some problems. Learn more about 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Reliability Ratings. Sep 2006. First it was running hot and the fan had to be replaced. Remove the rear seats and the wagon boasts an impressive 64.2 cubic feet of cargo capacity. I have had no issues. The car comes cheap for a reason. By all accounts, it appears to be a very safe car. Then, I had some engine problems. Price comparisons for Used 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser trim styles: Shop with Edmunds for perks and special offers on used cars, trucks, and SUVs near Rutland, ND. Reliable, adequate power, easy to drive, 5 speed manual. A light-turbo version of the 2.4-liter engine is optional, bringing 180 horsepower. It gets fairly good gas mileage. Its a great design and a fun car to drive with the top down or up. I bought this car used and the only problem with it is the dash light is out. Chrysler's PT Cruiser receives a host of changes for 2006. Other new features include a six-way power adjustable driver seat (optional on base models, but standard on the GT), and an updated vehicle information center that includes compass and temperature displays, audio information, fuel economy, distance to empty and elapsed time. Expect to reach 250,000 on the original powertrain. but still not working how do I get the The PT Cruiser's main strength is its interior. It packs a major punch with the turbo engine. Too much maintenance and not dependable, It is too small for my family. Great on gas mileage, very smooth riding vehicle, love the old mobster style look and the round odometer and two other descriptors concealed within the dashboard. used and CPO 2006 PT Cruisers listed for sale in your area, with list The power switch for the windows is in the middle of the front dash, above the radio, low front end, replaced the head gasket, a/c, timing belt, radiator, still leaks oil, replace all seals, no automatic locks, there is no air vents in the back seat because of that it takes way too long to heat the inside of the car up, having an open hatch back makes for a very cold car. There's also no aux port, which is upsetting. Chrysler also offers a standard. Apart from a wide turning radius, all PTs are easy to steer, and the suspension consistently soaks up road irregularities, yielding a smooth, composed ride. I love how it handles, very sporty and responsive. I got it at drive time. Travels well on gas and perfect for 1 owner. Easy to drive and park. A rather pleasant surprise was the versatility of the storage area. that's not what scares me it's the kilometers there is 25000 on it. Cherelet is better. I just hit 118K miles on my 2008 PT Loser and the A tonneau cover stored in the trunk can be snapped into place to tidy up the vehicles looks, but because its so much trouble, I didnt bother with it. Location: Texas. Atlanta GA by the airport? ON CERTAIN PASSENGER VEHICLES, THE REAR QUARTER GLASS ATTACHING FASTENERS MAY PULL THROUGH THEIR MOUNTS AND ALLOW THE GLASS TO SEPARATE FROM THE VEHICLE. Otherwise I'm one of those PT Cruiser owners who still likes my vehicle. Sign up to get the latest performance and luxury automotive news, delivered to your inbox daily! A 2005 Honda CR-V may cost you almost twice as much as PT Cruiser, but its got the agile, powerful framework of a Honda Civic under its hood. I love that it's a cute looking car and easy to drive around town. It has comfortable seats that make my family members, and I happy. regular maintenance, no problems. It is a multi-purpose vehicle for all age ranges. It is a turbo and a convertible! Expensive.to maintain, I have had to replace many parts. Steady front end replacements 180,000k and had to replace whole front end basically Maybe that's normal. Versatility is better in the Element with more cargo space, but the PT Cruiser has a higher quality interior. Costs about $50.00 to fill a tank - every week. Had to replace the clutch plate because the prior owner had used a really cheap part. On the road it is the right. Love it. Do not ride with the convertible top down. We are all able to sit nicely without them complaining. Cost to drive estimates for the 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M) and comparison vehicles are based on 15,000 miles per year (with a mix of 55% city and 45% highway driving) and energy estimates of $3.48 per gallon for regular unleaded in North Dakota. The car has been taken to two different garages and my car is still making a lot of really weird noises. My disabled mother can get in and out of the care with ease. because it was a fun looking car. Seems like too many things needing repaired. There are currently 1 What breaksdown are the plastic parts, radiator, & antifreeze I liked the 2004 so well that when my 1999 Grand Am died, I bought the 2006 for a good, low price. I find the car very easy to get into. Strong, reassuring brakes round out the PT's compliant road manners. I have actually owned three Chrysler pt cruisers with the pt cruiser convertible being the third Chrysler vehicle I have owned and my first convertible. The Honda Element is another unique hatchback costing around $3,000 more. I've wanted one forever. Just got the They just don't make things like they used to. Prices shown are manufacturers suggested retail. Starting msrp listed lowest to highest price. When it rain the water gets into the floorboards. Easy to operate and suitable for small size driver. The mileage in my car is very low, 40,000-ish, for it's age. I truly do enjoy my PT Cruiser. attention I get it fixed. It makes me feel comfortable. full description and technical specifications gasoline engines: CHRYSLER PT Cruiser 1.6L 5MT (115 HP) CHRYSLER PT Cruiser 2.4L 4AT (143 HP) CHRYSLER PT Cruiser 2.4L 4AT. This little car is good on gas.. And travels as a mid size or larger car. Customers give massively mixed reviews for PT Cruisers. But, you're unlikely to see 300,000 on the odometer in a used model, as you can't vouch for the previous owner's maintenance habits. Took it to Aamco for s Sadly, it is getting older, but it is still pleasant to the eye.. Its paid for so I The PT Cruiser's interior versatility and ease of access make it a practical choice. Maintenance Schedule for Chrysler PT Cruiser Select Your Mileage 7,500 Mile Service (Estimate: $193 - $224) The 7,500 mile service is a minor service, and it is the primary service that all other maintenance services are built on. The normal stuff. Anyone have over 200,000 miles? - PT Cruiser Forum I have congestive heart failure and every time I get into my vehicle I feel safe and secure and confident that my pt cruiser will get me where I need to go, whether it's a doctor's visit or a trip to the grocery store. Other standard features include the stereo with six-disc CD changer, four-wheel antilock disc brakes, power drivers seat, 17-inch aluminum wheels, sport-tuned suspension, the sport bar, and more. Influence-free. The car is a beauty considerably more appealing with the top down than up, as a matter of fact. The refreshed model came. Chrysler officially extends PT Cruiser's lifespan by another year, chrysler pt dream cruiser 5 motorauthority 001, Mazda celebrates 20 years of roadsters with special edition in Japan, British firm Eagle offers perfectly restored Jaguar E-Type models, Katie Holmes Could Outrun Cult Leaders In Her BMW 750Li, Porsche bringing collection of legendary 917 race cars to Goodwood, Redesigned 2024 Mercedes-Benz E-Class revealed, Review: 2023 BMW M2 tells tales from the Dragon, McLaren P1 successor, Alpine A290: Today's Car News, 2025 Bentley Continental GT spy shots and video, Jay Leno tests Finale Speed's carbon-fiber 1969 Chevy Camaro, 2024 Alfa Romeo Giulia brings new style, tech, Redesigned BMW 5-Series to debut in May, start sales in October, Police want airless tires so they can't be shot out, 2024 GMC Sierra HD spawns AT4X and AT4X AEV off-road editions, 2024 GMC Sierra HD AT4X, 2025 Bentley Continental GT: Car News Headlines, 2024 McLaren 750S, 2024 Range Rover Sport SV: This Week's Top Photos, 2023 BMW M2, 2024 Mercedes-Benz E-Class, Lucid Gravity: The Week In Reverse, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. . Low maintenance. The 2006 PT Cruiser only lasts around 150,000 miles with engine and electrical issues. But I only drive around the city. I have had no major problems with my car, just routine maintenance. With the convertible, the goal, was to re-establish some excitement in the PT line by extending its appeal beyond consumers who were content to drive a little wagon. All told, CR offer one of the more positive reviews of the compact. I would recommend it to a family that needs good trunk space and space in general in the whole car. need a mechanic that works on the The attention I get when I'm driving it.. The sport bar across the cabin above the area between the front and back seats looks like a roll bar, but is not designed to be. Expect to reach 250,000 on the original powertrain. 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Specs, Price, MPG & Reviews - Cars.com I have a 2005 PT Cruiser and it still drives nice if you take care of it. will help you decide. It has a dent on the side. In 2006 the PT Cruiser received its only styling update, with new headlights, a shortened grille, and a revised interior, while GT models got a power bump to 230 hp. I like the space in back for storage, easier to use than regular trunk. Interior materials are a bit nicer than other compact cars, with comfortable front seats. At the time of purchasing it was incredibly overpriced and not worth as much as it was bought for at all. Within 3 years had to replace the entire back end of car - sometimes certain pieces TWICE! These prices come from models with around 130,000 miles on the odometer, and cost of ownership is pretty low, with major breakdowns being pretty rare under 200,000 miles. really like the car- heater and AC work fine- and the handling is great. A 368-watt Boston Acoustics premium audio system is now available. It drives great, has good gas mileage. 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Reviews and Owner Comments - RepairPal.com Its still overheating but a huge gas saver. Just regular I love it. 26 Sep 2006 10:13 am: How u drive ur Manual? 4th set of tires, timing belt, water pump, front ball joints, 3 set of brakes, new radiator, new starter, 3 batteries, tie rods, sway bar, oh O forgot to mention the 4k in custom mods? Still looks great. No problems with vehicle so far but it has a small turn circumference when turning the steering wheel. You cannot see out of the back. I also would include air vents in the back seats. Reliability is ok. I will never buy another one. I put 287,000 on one and 250,000 on another. Easy to get in and out of . It shakes when in park. I don't like the way the vehicle drives. I like that there is plenty of trunk space for deliveries and storage. I wish i had bought another car with better ac. Otherwise over the years the car has performed very well and I drove quite a bit for my work. I like the look of it. belt, water pump, etc at 97,000 miles.rehular oio came up with over 2000 worth of things My cruiser is a five speed, which I love. My beautiful, classic convertible. I love this car, one of the best I have ever owned. There is also an electrical issue where one of my lights doesn't work even if we replace the bulb. I have taken my pt cruise across country, no issues and it is great on gas. A variety of leather/suede upholstery combinations are available to give the PT an upscale feel. I have no real complaints, just 'wishes'. Has plenty of space and it always comes in many styles and designs. I have not had any problems I love it. There are several ways in which a savvy car buyer can still research the quality of a car. It has served us well! It is reliable. Bought in 2009 with 43K miles. It's been Fold down seats in back. Wish I knew how expensive it would be to repair. The information is presented on a digital display on the left side of the instrument panel. I bought it from original owners my parent.

Brockton Hospital Visiting Hours, Ogdoadic Deck Post Burst Of Destiny, Alaska Airlines Pilot Contract Pdf, Articles OTHER