With his property in two states seized by the government and his daughter brutally murdered, there was speculation that he had nothing left to lose by killing Gator. Copyright 2015-2019 - Opperman Investigations, All Rights Reserved. However, having created such a sensation both due to his career and the murder, many still remember MarkRogowski's name. He and his beautiful live-in girlfriend, Brandi McClain, weretheskateboarding couple: they starred in skating videos together, they worked as models together, they even appeared together in a Tom Petty video. Later on, in 1982, Mark made his mark on the professional scene after winning the Canadian Amateur Skateboarding Championships held in Vancouver, British Columbia. OppermanReport@gmail.com. He ended up with possibly career ending injuries. While he awaited trial, Mark Gator Anthonys cell in the San Diego County Jail lay at the foot of a hill in Vista. In 1990, Vert skating began to lose popularity, and the skate world was moving its focus to street skating. At the time, Rogowski was counted among the elite skaters who enjoyed considerable stardom alongside Christian Hosoi, Tony Hawk, Lance Mountain, and Steve Caballero. The same night, he fell from the hotel window and sustained a horrible injury. His numerous attempts at getting parole have been repeatedly denied. That was just Gator., But Brandi would have none of it. Curated stories, fun places to hang out and top events. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. After befriending Augie Constantino, an ex-surfer turned born-again Christian who also became his "spiritual advisor", Rogowski converted to a strict Evangelical form of Christianity that influenced Rogowski's attitude and skateboard deck designs. Nevertheless, Brandi was not impressed with Mark's sudden change of behavior. $1.99 Add To Cart ^^^ CLICK ABOVE TO LISTEN AND FOLLOW The Opperman Report @ SPREAKER.com ^^^ If you're driving from Vegas to Utah or Cali you can keep listening for 2 hours straight! Rogowski says they spent the night at his place, watching movies until midnight or later. They ended up in Escondido. He made me a good baseball player and an athlete in general. Later on, Markmade a move and asked her out on a date. I say that I had a girl; I once considered girls a possession. But there were also bumper stickers that read Skateboarding Is Not a Crime Murder Is. Reach him on Twitter @liamsadams. But Constantino decided that it was a message from God and that he should devote his life to Christ. Cowards die a thousand times and he will die a thousand deaths, Bergsten shouted, his voice breaking. Hes the one that told me to go out and find one of my surfer friends to party with. He then tied her up so that she could not move and proceeded to take her upstairs and rape her for approximately 3 hours. But where is she now? Mark was devastated, says Constantino. Uncuffed, standing under the hot desert sun, Gator watched as they dug around for more evidence, photographed the site, and talked to the local police. As she stared at the picture. While she was turned around and putting on her shoes, he struck her in the head with a lock bar for his steering wheel. He was always a part of everything. There was a Gator clothing line, Gator skateboards, Gator videos. I found this hot little blond surfer guy, 6-1. In 1975 Pastor Augie and Mary, his girlfriend of three years, were invited to Victory Outreach where they encountered the Lord and gave their lives to Christ. We were very much alive. Gator then drove to the Shell Canyon desert and left her body to rot. They had received information that Stephen Bergsten, who would attend the hearing with his wife Kay, was going to try to harm Gator. Rogowski was originally going to seek out professional help, but was discouraged by Augie, claiming that God was all he needed and not doctors. Skating was somewhat deviant. In January 1992, Rogowski submitted a four-page written letter in which he accepts responsibility for Jessicas death, and blamed himself for having sex outside of marriage and for not following the word of the bible. But except for Tony Hawk, none of the old pros could really skate both vert and street, and Gator was stressed out about it. Gator himself once said just how stressed out he would get if he had to quit skating. a letter that former executive committee employee August "Augie" Boto sent survivor Christa Brown . One night, Brandi came home to find that someone had broken into her house through her window, taking everything that Gator had ever given her. Brandi still hoped they might reconcile. However, the actress was not impressed by the way the former skater kissed her during their second date. augie constantino minister Although he never denied that Gator had killed Jessica, he suggested that it was her own fault. Here, we will talk about some interesting facts about this former skateboarding icon who turned into a convicted murderer. Brandi was still in party mode, and Gator told her that they could no longer have sex unless they were married, when they had previously been having sex on a regular basis. Jessicas father, Stephen Bergsten, a Tucson lawyer, had enough to worry about without his daughter disappearing. A skateboarder and former professional surfer who lived just two blocks from Gator and Brandi, Constantino had suffered an accident similar to Gator's four years earlier. Executive committee staff and attorneys are exploring if they can revoke Boto's retirement benefits. He says hes undergone a religious conversion. What was cool was that he was stoked that I was skating, too. TWO FEMALE TRUE CRIME ENTHUSIASTS DISCUSS THIS DARK REALITY WITH THEIR OWN UNIQUE TWIST. It was called street skating, where skaters opted for urban obstacles like curbs, garbage cans, and stairways over the traditional skateboard parks. Gator takes a deep breath, sighs, then continues. Although he only started staking as a recreational activity, Rogowski soon realized he was pretty good at it. It was later revealed that Augie Constantino was the one who encouraged Mark to confess his crimes to the police. It was pretty cool to see a bunch of guys from San Diego County at the center of this huge thing. The Gator who emerged from the hospital shocked his friends and admirers. To escape the reality of his family's struggles and hardships, Mark picked up skating as a hobby in his teenage years. All this was fueled by a handful of San Diego County teenagers who had become the sports superstars, and Gator was one of them. As a result, he became a born-again Christian under Augie's guidance and started following Evangelicalism. A week later, Jessica's father, Stephen Bergsten, filed a case for Jessica's missing. As a result, at the tender age of 12, he was picked up by a local skating team. Change), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Mark Rogowski's relationship with former model and aspiring actor Brandi McClain turned his life around. Southern Baptist leaders to name ministers accused of sexual abuse After befriending Augie Constantino, an ex-surfer turned born-again Christian who also became his "spiritual advisor", Rogowski converted to a strict Evangelical form of Christianity that influenced Rogowski's attitude and skateboard deck designs. Because despite all he had, on March 20, 1991, Gator beat 21-year-old Jessica Bergsten over the head with a steering-wheel lock called the Club and raped her for nearly three hours. You dont need innocent-until-proven-guilty. Hed growl, You bitch! They were all wrapped up in the fashion and those types of superficial interests, they ended up fading out and I fucking lasted.. THE OPPERMAN REPORT airs on KYAH 540 AM radio Utah, Monday to Friday 10pm. As he drove back to Carlsbad, he tossed her bloodstained-clothes, his sheets, and the Club out the window. THE OPPERMAN REPORT airs on KSHP AM1400 radio Las Vegas, Monday to Friday 9pm. 97030 . The Church also began to grow from the 50-60 member congregation in Hollywood to a 150 member congregation proving a wise and strategic move. He received 6 years for rape and 25 years to life for the first-degree charges. Dont miss out. He says, You know what? But one night soon after he was incarcerated, inmates crowded around a television to hear Gators story on Hard Copy. Gator submitted a remarkable four-page written statement that hinted at the struggle going on in his mind before his crime, during its commission, and afterward. Gator got his chops down at a local skateparks half-pipes, moguls, and pool in the shape of a bra dubbed the 42D Bowl. Gator dragged her along to Calvary Chapel a few times, but she wasnt ready for the party to end. I was being an example to these impressionable kids. After having lunch together, the duo went back to their condo. Like Brandi, Jessica was tall, blond, and beautiful, and her friends remember her as tough, savvy, and adventurous. There were Gator shirts, berets, hip packs, videos, stickers, posters it seemed kids couldnt get enough of him. In the statement he admitted that although his original confession was directed by the Lord, in the subsequent eight months he had been tempted to dodge responsibility, deceiving myself as well as others. But now, at last, Ive been led to a hill, true repentance, having nothing to hide. Next to the beach, with a pizza shop next door, the convenience store is a favorite hangout for young Carlsbad surfers and skateboarders. Rogowski had essentially lost everything, and he had an uncontrollable rage growing inside him, and with that rage, a blind hatred toward Brandi. There. I am still here, still loving God and raising my family in Arizona. Jessicas body had been found in the desert by some campers on April 10, but the body was so badly decomposed that it could not be identified. The accident that ensued is a skateboarding legend a drunken Gator, partying with a bunch of other skaters, leapt out of a second-story window, convinced that he could fly. He was able to convince Rogowski to turn himself in on April 11, 1991. We literally had sex five times a day, we were so in love, says Brandi. Then, you lived in licence and debauchery, drunkenness, revelry, and tippling, and the forbidden worship of idols. Gator started calling her mothers house, leaving messages on the answering machine. I was searcing for another site and came across yours. Previously Married To Chris Robinson, Where Is Lala Sloatman Now? Skateboard manufacturers became multimillion-dollar companies branching out into clothing, sneakers, even movies. Tony Hawk and Christian Hosoi rounded out the triumvirate of 1980s skating superstars. (June 16), intend to publishalist of ministers accused of sexual misconduct, Southern Baptist Convention sexual abuse report details cover up, decades of inaction, Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy, Southern Baptist Convention leaders respond to historic report on decades of mishandling abuse, SBC Executive Committee staff intend to publish list of ministers accused of misconduct previously secretly kept. He boasted of being a roving ambassador, telling skating magazines how he was going to turn the whole non-skating world on to the sport. He looked the same, but he sounded completely different. I was in Hawaii out drinking with some other pro surfers, says Constantino. With his looks, youth, and arrogance born of money and fame, in the holy land of skateboarding, Gator was his own god. (For those of you who are not so into skateboarding, vert skating is skating that involves ramps and pools or some other similar incline.) Mark Rogowski (Professional Skateboarder) ~ Wiki & Bio with Photos | Videos With overwhelming participation and growth worldwide, skateboarding has become one of the most popular sports in the 21st century. You know, Give me my high school jacket and my class ring because were not going steady anymore. Well, thats what he did.. Most of these girls would hang out and party with the guys and there was obviously a lot of hooking-up going on as well. In 1977 they were married and soon began their family. He claimed that she was stunned and did not know what was happening. Around 1am, he tells her that he will take her home. . https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Rogowski, https://murderpedia.org/male.R/r/rogowski-mark.htm, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw8IzWWwTMs. Gator will not be eligible for parole until 2010 at the earliest. You see? In the mid-1980s, skateboarding pioneers like Tony Hawk, Stacy Peralta, Mark Gonzales, etc., helped popularise the sport among younger generations. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com. The police department in San Diego searched extensively but found no clues about Jessica. Keep in touch witheBiographyPostfor more updates onCelebrity Bio,Businessperson,Sports,Crime, and Rumor. But when his daughter stopped calling soon after leaving for Southern California, the panicked father, unsatisfied by efforts of the San Diego police, flew to San Diego to find her himself. May God continue to bless with His best . Brandi appeared in Gators videos, and when he appeared in Tom Pettys Free Failin' video, she was in it too. Soon he was flying her to San Diego to visit him, and a few months later, she left Tucson for good and moved in with Gator. NASHVILLE, Tenn. Southern Baptist Convention leaders intend to publish a list of ministers accused of sexual misconduct that former staff secretly maintained, and rebuked one of their own Tuesday for antagonism toward abuse survivors.. Golden Hills 1910 Ed Fletcher Spec House a notable one-off, Yoga studio meets wine bar at Vinya: vino + vinyasa in Clairemont. Once he was at this point in his career, he landed a spot on the company known as Vision Street Wear. Southern Baptist Convention leaders decide to release long-secret list Whatever the cause, the result nearly killed him. Augie Constantino takes the credit for Gator's metamorphosis. Auggie Constantino Surfer Bio | Age, Height, Videos & Results As she was getting ready to leave, Gator went to his car, ostensibly to see if his drivers license was there. One night, after a Bible study at Constantinos house. After a serious accident in Germany from a hotel room after a skate competition, it is said that Rogowski either fell or was pushed from his hotel window and landed on a fence. The statement and decision about the list were immediate actions from the SBC Executive Committee following the release of a historic report on Sunday about . Augie Constantino takes the credit for Gator's metamorphosis. He went on to graduate in 1974 from El Rancho High School located in Pico Rivera, CA. So, I decided that I would give it a go, and I also decided that I wanted it to be a local case that is not often talked about. Bergstens efforts were to no avail. Yeah, he was fanatic, but thats just it, he was fanatic about everything, says Gladstone. Think: Vision, Santa Cruz, Powell, all the popular brands in skate culture at the time along with home-made plywood ramps, skate parks & rebel attitudes. I told you and you remember, Rogowski what would happen if anyone hurt my daughter. He began preaching to other skaters, and anyone else who would listen, and he would cover his skate decks in religious imagery. Pastor Augie Barajas immigrated here to the United States from Mexico City as a student at the young age of thirteen years old. Brown said Tuesdayshe is grateful for the committee's "repudiation of that 2006 letter from Augie Boto.". Auggie Costantino (@auggiecostantino) Instagram photos and videos He paid to fly her with him to all of his competitions, and they even appeared together in Tom Pettys Free Fallin video. Constantino Bacela, one of the most successful businessmen of recent times, has been appointed Minister in the President's Office, replacing Adelaide Amurane. And Mark was furious. ZBC News Online on Twitter: "President Mnangagwa was met by the Vice It's comprised of about 30 staff and an 86-member board of elected representatives. By this point, in the skating world, Gator was one of the best vert skaters in the scene. Constantino Alberto Bacela is a discreet businessman who in recent years has won many tenders for the supply of goods and services to the Mozambican state, from vehicles to public works . That night, I didnt realize what kind of a purring feline she was. I think youll find that most skaters wont even talk about Gator. The police continued to compile evidence in case Gator decided to plead not guilty to a murder charge. The Place for Scandals, Politics, and True Crime Stories, ^^^ CLICK ABOVE TO LISTEN AND FOLLOW The Opperman Report @ SPREAKER.com ^^^. He was mainly prominent in the 1980s and early 1990s. Wild for sure, as Gator himself indicated in the 87 Thrasher interview, when he talked about the rush he got from riding walls at 90 degrees, and on the left side of the picture theres a bum with a bottle or a junkie with a needle hangin out of his arm, and on the right side theres a skater sweatin it out and cussin at the wall and Bam! If a person is accountable to God, then hes accountable to society the Bible says that. Constantino scoffs at the idea that perhaps his legal advice wasnt the best. Id probably have some suicidal tendencies. With his green eyes and dark, lean good looks, charming personality, and aggressively physical skating style, he rose to the top rank of the sport. Hes our own true father. Pastor Augie complicated and accelerated culture, which leaves many with images of the church as overprotective, repressive, anti-science, exclusive, shallow and rigid. Everything that I hated about Brandi, I hated about Jessica, Gator later said. And I would get away with it, because everybody would know that you deserved it., I started crying and begging him to take me home right now. He led them to Jessicas body that same day. It was during this time that Jessica showed up in San Diego. After four years of dating McClain, Rogowski suggested "we can't have sex anymore unless we . According to various reports, he even barged into her house to steal the gifts he gave her. But we were best friends. For the past 13 years Pastor Augie has been a Regional Pastor overseeing one of the Los Angeles Regions. Crude videos were slapped together featuring the latest moves. Thus was born the man known as the skateboard minister. In his stone-washed jeans, cowboy boots, and bolero jacket, he stands out from his fellow Calvary Chapel parishioners. He did the worst sexual assault acts on her that he could think of, all in anger towards Brandi. He was really worried about becoming a dinosaur, says Perry Gladstone, to whom Gator confided. #Bodyposition #boardspeed #Trim #fulldisclosure Posts Tagged You want all your money back, every necklace, every ring. Mark "Gator" Anthony beats, rapes, strangles Jessica Bergsten, buries To further his education Pastor Augie received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Theology from Facultad de Teologia, an Associate of Arts degree from Victory Education Training Institute, and a Master of Arts in Pastoral Studies from Azusa Pacific University. Im Gator, and instantly have their undivided attention. I can easily waste away an entire day on Reddit. Chances are, Rogowski will never be granted parole, and he will remain behind bars for his crime. Id feel low, cheap. For Constantino, he was terrific bait for young skaters willing to listen to just about anything to meet Gator. Mark Anthony "Gator" Rogowski (born August 10, 1966) [3] is an American former professional skateboarder who was convicted of murder. What about that girl? I said. He claims that he was not in his right mind when he committed the murder and was later diagnosed in prison with severe bipolar disorder. Augie was a surfer and now born again Christian. They moved to a condominium in Carlsbad, one block away from the ocean. But they started arguing as soon as they pulled out of her parents driveway. If it werent for my submission to her wiles and the temptation of having such sex with her.. Change). Jessica, of course, had no idea about any of this. Augie Constantino A New Favorite In True Crime The Wicked Ones Podcast Famous Skateboarder Mark Rogowski Murders a Friend I said to her, Go and put some clothes on, and when you come back, Id like to talk to you about Christ. And she said, Ive got nothing to worry about. After four years of dating McClain, Rogowski suggested that the couple become married, as they . He is also the overseer of UPI (united prayer international), and oversees 25 churches in Monrovia, Liberia,1church in Lagos, Nigeria andispreparing a church inAccra, Ghana. Mark Anthony. According to rumors, he was actively engaged in multiple intimate relationships and dated several beautiful partners. Former skateboarding icon Mark Rogowski admitted to raping and killing Jessica Bergsten. But let me put more emphasis on the fact that it was babysitters and older neighborhood kids.. comment se passe la formation burger king . Augustine Costantino (@auggiedog3) Instagram photos and videos auggiedog3 Follow 2,505 posts 687 followers 799 following Augustine Costantino Old guy,professional surfer,artist,musician. He started covering his boards with religious symbols and preaching to skaters, surfers, and anyone else who would listen about his secret friend, Jesus. The sport has created its own community, allowing skaters to turn Pastor Augie received an AA degree from Agape School of Theology in 1982, and by 1986 he along with Mary and the children pioneered the Victory Outreach church in Hollywood CA. Skateboarders felt that the coverage was turning into an indictment of their sport, not just Gator. Gods richest blessings to you and your children, So, he placed her inside a surf bag and put his hand over her mouth till she died. Posts Tagged The fact is that it wasnt rape. Augustine "Augie" Cortez, Jr. . But Brandi became bored with the ranch and a few months later Gator sold it. In addition to Boto, Guidepost's report criticized other former executive committee staff,SBC elected leaders, and its longtime law firmfor enablinga culture ofinaction on abuse between January 2000 to June 2021. Even though his dad's departure left the family financially devastated, his mama worked vigorously at different jobs to provide young Mark with a proper upbringing. On Wednesday, March 20, Jessica and Gator had lunch at an Italian restaurant in La Jolla, then returned to his condo with some movies and a few bottles of wine. He went on to graduate in 1974 from El Rancho High School located in Pico Rivera, CA. But Brandi became bored with the ranch. Former skateboarding champion Mark Rogowski started skating from his early years Photo Source: Social Media. On 20th March 1991, Rogowski and Jessica met for the first time in years. After taking the case, Jimenez immediately challenged the validity of the confession, saying that Gators minister had no right to turn him in. In an attempt to shut her up, he pulled a surfboard bag from his closet and stuffed her inside it. However, it wasn't always like that. On another of those wild tour dates, in Scottsdale, Arizona, in 1987, Gator, then 21, met two beautiful 17-year-old blondes from rich families, Jessica Bergsten and Brandi McClain.

Delco Times Obituary Archives, Famous Spine Surgeons, Articles A