34 Anthony Levine| Any Michigan Wolverine out there, a player, keep standing, keep standing. 1965: Garrett| 2007:Connor| Keep standing. 1995:Myers| The SPORTS REFERENCE and STATHEAD trademarks are owned exclusively by Sports Reference LLC. We were Defensive Rookies together, Defensive Player of the Year together. Rod Woodson Stats, Height, Weight, Position, Draft, College | Pro-Football-Reference.com Rod Woodson Roderick Kevin Woodson (Woody) Position: DB 6-0 , 200lb (183cm, 90kg) Born: March 10 in Fort Wayne, IN (Age: 58-037d) More bio, uniform, draft, salary info Hall of Fame 11x Pro Bowl 6x All-Pro 1x SB Champ HOF All-1990s Team 1993 AP Def. In an epic showdown, Woodson beat out Tennessee's football sensation Peyton Manning, becoming the first defensive player to win the bronze statue. [34] Woodson started every Raider game in the 2003 NFL Playoffs, finishing with a start in Super Bowl XXXVII. Scott McCurley| As a freshman, he had two interceptions in a victory against the #2-ranked Ohio State Buckeyes. White| They joined the long list of record seasons that ended with disappointment. You keep me humble. 2007: Tebow| We were Mr. Ohio together. Woodson's journey to stardom was destined from the start. See our list of forfeits and vacated games for more details. 79 Ryan Pickett| Any Green Bay Packer, past, future, present, old fans, stand up. [37] Woodson remained healthy for the entire season, starting in his first fifteen games. On October 22, he had a 23-yard interception return for a touchdown against the Miami Dolphins. Watching from the sidelines in the second half, Woodson cheered his team on to a 31-25 victory, his only championship title. We were a Heisman Trophy winner together. 1994: Salaam| [72]The other three quarterbacks he intercepted a pass from were Vinny Testaverde, Carson Palmer, and Matt Leinart. Do you have a blog? [31] On January 19, 2002, he participated in the Tuck Rule play against the New England Patriots in the postseason. As a senior at Ross High School, Woodson was named Ohio's "Mr. 2007:Dorsey| Draft: Oakland Raiders in the 1st round (4th overall) of the 1998 NFL Draft. 1936: Kelley| 1959: Cannon| Earl Campbell defined an era . Jerry Fontenot| As a result, Woodson won the Heisman over Tennessees Peyton Manning, making him the first two-way player in a generation to win the award. 1999:Carter| This makes comparing his 1997 statistics to other winners challenging. 98 C. J. Wilson He becomes the 31st Wolverine player to be inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame. 3 First Team All-Pro Player of the Week 1967 - Week 1 AP NFL Defensive Approximate Value 1960 NFL 15 (9) Approximate Value (Weighted) Career 98 (161) Fumbles Recovered Career 18 (156) 2 Seasons in Top 10 Sacks since 1960 (Unofficial) Career 100.0 (60) 6 Seasons in Top 10 Safeties 1962 NFL 1 (2/ 20) All Time All Pro Football sponsor (s) this page. [83], Woodson sat out several weeks with the broken collarbone, but made it back for the first playoff game against the Vikings. The number and terms veteran cornerback Charles Woodson used during his memorable postgame locker-room speech following the NFC Championship in Chicago. Watching from the sidelines in the second half, Woodson cheered his team on to a 31-25 victory, his only championship title. [51] He recorded an interception in the game, his first of the season. 1983: Rozier| 1971:Sullivan| [71], When Woodson intercepted Cam Newton against the Carolina Panthers in Week 2 of the 2011 season, it marked the fourth time he had intercepted a fellow winner of the Heisman Trophy. [19], Woodson finished his college career with 18 interceptions and 30 passes defended. [113] Woodson was named AFC Defensive Player of the Month for October. On October 22, he had a 23-yard interception return for a touchdown against the Miami Dolphins. Woodson later stated that he tried to do Howards famous pose after scoring the touchdown, but failed after his teammates mobbed him in the end zone. He did a great job as a shutdown cover corner at Georgia. Javascript is required for the selection of a player. Shawn Slocum| Of the honor, Woodson told BTN Live host Mike Hall, "It's really a big deal. When they visited the White House, Obama made reference to Woodson's pep rally and autographed jersey. 1957: Crow| Dom Capers| [33][34][35], After losing the Super Bowl in the year prior, the Raiders finished the 2003 NFL season with a dismal record of 4-12. * Selected to Pro Bowl, + First-Team AP All-Pro, Bold indicates league leader, Transaction, fine, and suspension data since 2002. On November 15, 2009, Woodson recorded nine tackles (two for loss), a sack, two forced fumbles and an interception in a 17-7 victory over the Dallas Cowboys. He led the team with five interceptions and eight takeaways. He was also effective as a punt returner. Woodson went on to accomplish a storied career professionally with one of the most decorated professional football resumes of all time, considered by many of his peers to be one of the greatest defensive players to have ever played. "[109], 1935: Berwanger| 1960: Bellino| He was a finalist for the Jim Thorpe Award and named to All-Big Ten First-team by conference coaches and the media. Woodson finished with two sacks, one interception, one forced fumble, and one blocked field goal. You own undeniable respect. 35 Korey Hall| Woodson, a "two-way player" who played both offense and defense, won the Heisman Trophy in the same year. Free Charles Woodson College Stats computer desktop wallpapers View 1024768 0 4 Charles Woodson Wallpapers View 19201200 0 7 Charles Woodson Wallpaper S1600charles woodson opow View 600452 0 9 Charles Woodson Raiders Wallpaper Charles woodson View 6401280 0 16 Wallpaper Wednesday Hail Charles Woodson View 1280800 0 11 1966: Spurrier| However, they could not visit the White House until August because of the terms in the NFL Lockout. [114] On December 21, Woodson announced that he would retire at the end of the season. And I feel like it's so fitting that here today I put those cleats down for the last time, here in Canton, Ohio, and I walk into the Hall of Fame. You would hold me down, and you'd make that fist, man, and put your knuckle out and just hit me in the same place till my skin would raise, and I had to sit there and endure that pain. 89 James Jones| Woodson responded by handing Barack Obama a certificate stating that Obama is a minority owner of the Packers. 1997:Woodson| 69 Chris Campbell| [15] Woodson received 282 more voting points than runner-up Peyton Manning of Tennessee. [88] By season's end, he had played in 1,067 of 1,074 possible defensive snaps for the team[89] amassing 97 tackles (75 solo), 2 sacks, 3 forced fumbles, 2 fumble recoveries, 3 pass defenses, 1 interception, and the aforementioned touchdown. Watch our How-To Videos to Become a Stathead, Subscribe to Stathead and get access to more data than you can imagine. [59] Woodson is the first player in NFL history to have a sack, two forced fumbles, and an interception in a game. Get the latest updated stats for safety Charles Woodson on ESPN. I thank you for that tough love. 2003:Fitzgerald| Although the wine bears his name and signature, Woodson was warned by the NFL not to be seen endorsing the wine himself because of the league's alcohol policy. He holds the Packers' franchise record for most defensive touchdowns (8 total, 7 interception returns and 1 fumble return). this fall as he tries to become Michigan's first Heisman winner since Charles Woodson in 1997. . To my family, my wife, my kids. [5], On December 12, 2014, the Big Ten Network included Woodson on "The Mount Rushmore of Michigan Football", as chosen by online fan voting. [2], In 2001, his fourth year in the NFL, Woodson started sixteen games. [66] Woodson also played an important role in Dom Capers' defense in playoff victories against the Atlanta Falcons and Chicago Bears and started against the Pittsburgh Steelers in Super Bowl XLV. Charles Woodson is a Pro Football Hall of Famer, a Super Bowl Champion and was an All-Pro four times during his NFL career that lasted from 1998-2015. For his efforts, he was named an AP First Team All-American and a finalist for the Jim Thorpe Award. Woodson is an oenophile who developed his interest in wine while playing football for the first time in Oakland, near the Napa Valley. 12 Aaron Rodgers (MVP)| Woodson was drafted by the Oakland Raiders in 1998, and he quickly made a name for himself as one of the most dominant defensive players in the league. [5] He was named to the All-Big Ten First-team for the third year and was recognized as a consensus first-team All-American. [64][65] He was named to the 2011 Pro Bowl as a starting cornerback. The pass was intended for Earl Bennett. 2002:Suggs| So I thank you. 1955: Cassady| [87] He played in the preseason and started in week 1 against the Indianapolis Colts. Woodson wowed Wolverine fans and Heisman experts with a touchdown punt return, an interception in the end zone, and a crucial 37-yard catch that set up Michigan's lone offensive touchdown of the game. 2006: T. Smith| Woodson won the 2009 NFL Defensive Player of the Year Award. We have tools and resources that can help you use sports data. [82] Woodson was ranked 16th by his fellow players on the NFL Top 100 Players of 2011. [40] After the season, Woodson again agreed to a one-year franchise tag deal. 1968: Simpson| The cornerback has since lauded the Packers organization, Mike McCarthy, and the people of the State of Wisconsin for having faith in him, and has declared that "it was truly a blessing coming to Green Bay." [32] He was named to his fourth consecutive Pro Bowl. [94][95] Overall, he finished the season with 38 total tackles, one interceptions, five passes defensed, one forced fumble, and 1.5 sacks. 1953: Lattner| Charles Woodson played 254 games over his career. BioVideosStatisticsVote ResultsCharles Woodsons Heisman Year Statistics, 111 Broadway, Suite 103A 1987:Blades & Dixon| He helped the Packers win the Super Bowl XLV in 2010, a career highlight that would not have been possible without his incredible talent and leadership. The company is based in Napa, California, and is a small boutique winery, producing fewer than one thousand cases per year of its two varieties, Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Franc. [130] Woodson has his own charitable foundation to support the fight against breast cancer called the Charles Woodson Foundation. [39] He finished the season with 73 total tackles, 2.5 sacks, one interception, nine passes defensed, two forced fumbles, and one fumble recovery. Woodson hails from Fremont, Ohio, and starred at Ross High, where he was named Ohios Player of the Year as a 1995 senior after rushing for a school-record 2,028 yards on 218 carries. [44] Woodson has stated that at the time of the contract he "did not want to come to Green Bay" due to a perception that the city is less than cosmopolitan, but was forced to do so because the Packers were the only team to offer him a contract. Defensive Coordinator Dom Capers' plan appeared to be to line Woodson up at the safety position, while also situationally deploying him as the nickel-back. He covered star receiver Calvin Johnson and limited him to two catches for 10 yards. 1991:Buckley| [43][44] He finished the season with 30 total tackles, one interception, four passes defensed, and one forced fumble. 1990:Lewis| He also has more touchdowns (8 vs 2) and sacks (6 vs 5.5) with the Packers than during his time in Oakland. [28] He finished the year with a career-high 79 tackles, intercepted four passes, forced three fumbles, and recovered one fumble. Woodson returned to the Raiders in 2013, where he finished his career on a high note. [129], On November 26, 2009, Woodson contributed $2 million to the University of Michigan C.S. [67][68] With 1:54 before halftime of the Super Bowl, Woodson broke his collar bone while diving to successfully defend a pass intended for Mike Wallace. 1994:Hudson| [20][28] He earned a third consecutive Pro Bowl nomination. Identify the different types of fossils and describe how they are formed. [31] He was named to his fourth consecutive Pro Bowl. Woodson won the Jim Thorpe Award, an award which he was nominated for the previous year. [42] After the season, Woodson again agreed to a one-year franchise tag deal. 2015 AFC Defensive Player of the Month (October), 1998 Oakland Raiders 8-8-0 (2nd), 1999 Oakland Raiders 8-8-0 (4th), 2000 Oakland Raiders 12-4-0 (1st), 2001 Oakland Raiders 10-6-0 (1st), 2002 Oakland Raiders 11-5-0 (1st), 2003 Oakland Raiders. 4-12-0 (3rd), 2004 Oakland Raiders. 5-11-0 (4th), 2005 Oakland Raiders. 4-12-0 (4th), 2006 Green Bay Packers.. 8-8-0 (2nd), 2007 Green Bay Packers.. 13-3-0 (1st), 2008 Green Bay Packers 6-10-0 (3rd), 2009 Green Bay Packers.. 11-5-0 (2nd), 2010 Green Bay Packers.. 10-6-0 (2nd), 2011 Green Bay Packers.. 15-1-0 (1st), 2012 Green Bay Packers.. 11-5-0 (1st), 2013 Oakland Raiders. 4-12-0 (4th), 2014 Oakland Raiders. 3-13-0 (4th), 2015 Oakland Raiders 7-9-0 (3rd), Drafted: 1st round (4th overall) in 1998 by Oakland. He made All-Pro teams of The Sporting News and College and Pro Football Newsweekly and the All-AFC squad of Football News. [25] On November 28, against the Kansas City Chiefs, he had a 15-yard interception return for a touchdown in the 3734 loss. Don't mess with Charles Woodson. The SPORTS REFERENCE and STATHEAD trademarks are owned exclusively by Sports Reference LLC. Woodson was also recognized for his achievements by his peers in the league. 1997:Woodson| Despite his Super Bowl injury, Woodson finished the game with three total tackles, including two solo tackles. [1] [121][122], Woodson is an oenophile who developed his interest in wine while playing football for the first time in Oakland, near the Napa Valley. The Wolverines' success brought the media spotlight, allowing Woodson to impress and cement his place in college football history. 1988: Sanders| He provided a huge performance, limiting Pro-Bowler DeSean Jackson to just two catches (for 47 yards), and recorded 5 tackles in the Packers win over the Philadelphia Eagles on January 9, 2011. Tom Clements| [98] He was ranked 85th by his fellow players on the NFL Top 100 Players of 2014. 2004: Leinart| [6] He also is second all time in interceptions returned for touchdowns, with 11. ESPN Enterprises, Inc. All rights reserved. Woodson reached an agreement with Oakland and was labeled as a franchise player. Woodson later stated that he tried to do Howards famous pose after scoring the touchdown, but failed after his teammates mobbed him in the end zone. He is the only defensive player to ever receive this award 3 times in the same season, and joins Barry Sanders and Mike Vanderjagt as the only NFL players to receive a Player of the Month award 3 times in a single season. 32 Brandon Jackson| [67], Woodson had more interceptions in his first four years with the Packers (28) than he did in his previous eight with the Raiders (17). Get complete game-by-game stats for safety Charles Woodson on ESPN. 1979: C. White| He was named to the All-Big Ten First-team by conference coaches, and second-team All-Big Ten by the media. [1] He was the first and is still the only primarily defensive player to win the prestigious award. You know, throughout my career, I can remember getting calls from my sister periodically, whether I was riding down the 880 freeway in Oakland, or Lombardi Avenue in Green Bay, and she would just hit me with these three words: Hey, little brother, I love you.. 21 Charles Woodson| 1956: Hornung| He holds the Packers' franchise record for most defensive touchdowns (eight total, seven interception returns and one fumble return). 1989:Thompson| Charles Cameron Woodson (born October 7, 1976) is an American former professional football player who played as a cornerback and safety in the National Football League (NFL) for 18 seasons with the Oakland Raiders and Green Bay Packers. (Story), The Fast Life And Career Of Ken Stabler (Complete Story), The Life And Career Of Billy Cannon (Complete Story), The Legend Of John Madden (Complete Story), What Happened To Robert Gallery? This was the fourth consecutive year Woodson played in every game of the season. So I want to say thank you to all my coaches that ever pushed me to be better, all my teammates who I battled against and went into battle with, all my trainers who pieced me back together to get me back in the game, the medical staff, I thank you. The most prestigious award in college football. 1999:Arrington| [21], In 1999, Woodson had his first career reception, a 19-yard catch, against the San Diego Chargers on November 14. Fremont Ross Little Giants. April, my front, my back, my side to side. [21] He started all sixteen games, becoming the first rookie Raider since 1971 to do so. 2006:Smith| 1985:Jackson| 22 Pat Lee| 2003: J. Additional question in the history and their Relevance. Moreover, Woodson's incredible achievements did not go unnoticed by those in charge of the NFL's most prestigious honor: the Pro Football Hall of Fame. [86], On May 21, 2013, Woodson signed a one-year deal with the Oakland Raiders. [7] Or write about sports? 1983:Rozier| [51][52] He finished the season with 63 total tackles, four interceptions, nine passes defensed, and two fumble recoveries. 51 Brady Poppinga| 1999:Dayne| [2], In the 2005 NFL season, he started the first six games but broke his leg in the sixth week, which sidelined him for the rest of the year. [99], On February 15, 2013, the Packers released Woodson. After Woodson's first season in the NFL he was named the NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year by the Associated Press. Join our linker program. 2007:Cason| The only primarily defensive player to ever win the Heisman Trophy, Charles Woodson guided Michigan to a national championship during one of the best careers in college football history. Woodson was named the NFC's Defensive Player of the Week for his performance versus the Redskins, which was the first time he had received that award. For me and your mother, the sun, the moon and the stars revolve around you two boys. Woodson continued his fine play as a junior, intercepting seven passes and collecting 43 tackles while catching 11 passes for 231 yards and a touchdown. [3] In his senior season, he was a USA Today All-America selection and Parade High School All-American and recorded 2,028 yards and 230 points. These game-changing plays not only secured a 20-14 victory for Michigan but also propelled them to the highly coveted Rose Bowl. inFremont,OH, College: 2004:Pollack| [11] He was the first and is still the only primarily defensive player to win the prestigious award. It was an electrifying moment that left no doubt about Woodson's deserved status as a Heisman winner. [2], In 2002, Woodson suffered his first major injury since his freshman year at Michigan, suffering from a shoulder injury which caused him to be inactive for eight games. Smith, Michael David (December 21, 2015). In addition to playing football, Woodson also played basketball (point guard) and competed in track & field (relay sprinter and long jumper).[2][12]. 1937: Frank| [80], Woodson suffered a broken collarbone during the Packers' victory over the St. Louis Rams on Sunday, October 21, and was out for the next nine games. [77][78] With 1:54 before halftime of the Super Bowl, Woodson broke his collar bone while diving to successfully defend a pass intended for Mike Wallace. Winston Moss| 1971: Sullivan| But, Bro, you built me for an 18year career. He was named NFC Defensive Player of the Week for his performance. [57] He is the only defensive player to ever receive this award three times in the same season, and joins Barry Sanders and Mike Vanderjagt as the only NFL players to receive a Player of the Month award three times in a single season. In addition to playing football, Woodson also played basketball (point guard) and competed in track and field (relay sprinter and long jumper). In his first season with Oakland, Woodson was selected as the NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year by the Associated Press. He was a Heisman winner, college national champion and Super Bowl champion. Designed by LandTechWebDesigns.com, Charles Woodson 1997 Heisman Trophy Winner, NFL Teams With Most Super Bowl Championships, Michigan Wolverines Football History and Traditions, SEC Football Champions and Heisman Trophy Winners, NFL Teams That Have Drafted the Most Heisman Winners. Woodson led the Michigan Wolverines to an undefeated season and a share of the national championship in the same year. [38], In the 2004 NFL season Woodson played the first 13 games of the season before suffering a leg injury which put him inactive in the last three weeks. (College Stats), Weighted Career AV (100-95-): 115 (56th overall since 1960). Woodson just had a bigger impact on the bigger stage such as the Ohio State game and the national championship game against Washington State. 71 Josh Sitton| 59 Brad Jones| 77 Cullen Jenkins| His contract was set to expire after the season. With the enshrinement ceremony less than a month away . Jim Thorpe Award and Bronko Nagurski Trophy as the best defensive player in college. When you turn 35, 40 years old, you'll begin to understand why a grown man will stand up here and cry. The number and terms veteran cornerback Charles Woodson used during his memorable postgame locker-room speech following the NFC Championship in Chicago. To my boys, Charles and Chase, you guys don't quite understand it right now. The Heisman Winners. [8], In 1995, Woodson was selected as the Big Ten Freshman of the Year. We got this tattoo years ago, man, that said "My Brother's Keeper." Obama also said, "I have learned something that many quarterbacks have learned. 1982: H. Walker| In his final NFL season, he played in all 16 games and finished the season with 74 tackles, one sack, and one interception. Charles Woodson was elected into the Hall of Fame as a Player in 2021. Mott Children's Hospital for pediatric research. [38] Woodson became unhappy with new head coach Bill Callahan, and criticized him during the season. In a post-game locker room speech to his teammates, Woodson stated, "The President don't want to come watch us win the Super Bowl? 1942: Sinkwich| 2000:Heupel| 1941: B. Smith| [5][6], Woodson attended the University of Michigan, where he played for coach Lloyd Carr's Wolverines teams from 1995 to 1997. You lift me up. Charles Woodson had an athletic career for the ages. Levi Edwards. Guess what? 1991:Howard| To my brother, Terry, my brother, my rabbit who I was chasing as a child: You built me for this game through tough love. 1999:Moore| [10] Woodson received 282 more voting points than runner-up Peyton Manning of Tennessee. 20 Atari Bigby| 2003:Lehman| Woodson was named the NFC's Defensive Player of the Week for his performance versus the Redskins, which was the first time he had received that award. He ended up leading the team in 1995 with five interceptions on his way to being named the Big Ten Freshman of the Year and first-team all conference. [131] In October 2012, Woodson donated $100,000 to the Hurricane Sandy relief effort. 3:17; Woodson announced as 1997 Heisman winner. He would later win Super Bowl XLV with the team over the Pittsburgh Steelers. 1963: Staubach| On special teams, he racked up 301 punt return yards and a touchdown. "[80][81], Engraved inside the 2010 Super Bowl Ring is the numeral 1 along with the words Mind, Goal, Purpose and Heart. They say it takes a village to raise a child, and my village certainly done right by me and my family. [84] The other three quarterbacks he intercepted a pass from were Vinny Testaverde, Carson Palmer, and Matt Leinart. The showdown between Big Blue and Ohio State was a crucial moment for the team's defensive back, who secured his Heisman award with an outstanding performance. Against the San Francisco 49ers in Week 1, the 35-year-old Woodson recorded five tackles, 1.5 sacks, and a forced fumble in a losing effort. [45], On April 26, 2006, Woodson and the Green Bay Packers reached a 7-year contract agreement that could be worth as much as $52.7 million with bonuses and incentives. [22] He was also third in the league in interceptions (with five), returned one interception for a touchdown against the Arizona Cardinals, and produced one forced fumble. [58][59] Overall, he finished the season with 62 total tackles, seven interceptions, two pick-sixes, 17 passes defensed, one forced fumble, and one fumble recovery. 1995: George| All rights reserved. 1952: Vessels| 1954: Ameche| Jimmy Robinson| 2005:Bush| 28 Brandon Underwood| In 1996, Woodson set a Wolverine record for pass breakups with 15, while on offense he caught 13 passes for 164 yards and rushed for 152 yards on six carries. 2002:Newman| [110], On January 26, 2015, the Raiders announced via Twitter that they agreed to a contract for Woodson to return for the 2015 season. Colleges With The Most Heisman Trophy Winners, College Football Programs Without a Heisman, NFL Teams That Have Drafted Heisman Winners, Colleges That Have Changed Their Nicknames, College Nicknames That Dont End With an S, SEC Teams With Most First Round NFL Draft Choices, Mississippi State SEC Players of the Year, on Charles Woodson 1997 Heisman Trophy Winner, Copyright 2023. Without you, I am not here. 2002: Palmer| 1978:Sims| (Complete Story). [53], Woodson at an Atlanta Hawks game in May 2008, On September 15, 2008, Woodson recorded two interceptions in a 48-25 victory over the Detroit Lions. [1] To date, he is the only primarily defensive player to win the Heisman, and he is the most recent player to win the Heisman who was not either a running back or quarterback. Woodson responded by handing Barack Obama a certificate stating that Obama is a minority owner of the Packers. [55], On September 15, 2008, Woodson recorded two interceptions in a 48-25 victory over the Detroit Lions. 2010:Peterson. Please see our Contributors and Sources page for data source details. 29 Derrick Martin| 52 Clay Matthews III| 2001: Crouch| Woodson was a force to be reckoned with on both sides of the ball, making amazingly acrobatic interceptions and spectacular receptions. Woodson recorded another end-zone interception in the game, helping Michigan defeat the Cougars and win a share of the 1997 national championship. 68 Jay Ross| 2004:Johnson| I remember we would wrestle as kids, man, and fight. [119], On February 12, 2016, it was announced that Woodson would be joining ESPN's Sunday NFL Countdown, replacing Keyshawn Johnson for the upcoming season. The NFL is targeting May 11 as the date to release its 2023 schedule, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Sunday. Woodson won Michigans third Heisman, joining Desmond Howard and Tom Harmon. Considering that Woodson earned his Heisman credentials from a defensive vantage point, his 1997 statistics are difficult to compare to other winners of college football's top award. I told you years ago that you was the best thing that ever happened to me, and that still rings true today. Revisiting the epic 1997 Heisman finalist class (1:13) The 1997 Heisman finalists -- Peyton Manning, Ryan Leaf, Charles Woodson and Randy Moss -- made up one of the most dynamic groups ever. The franchise tag set Woodson's contract with a minimum of the average salary for the top five cornerbacks in the NFL. 93 Erik Walden| Although one of these was a touchdown, Green Bay won the game 34-12. Michigan made Heisman Trophy history in 1997 when their star defensive back Charles Woodson became the third Wolverine to snag the coveted award. 56 Nick Barnett| Do you have a blog? [12] During his Heisman-winning junior year, he made an acrobatic one-handed sideline interception against the Michigan State Spartans. For his efforts, he was named the Chevrolet Defensive Player of the Year and an AP First-team All-American. Woodson was named co-captain along with teammate A. J. Hawk for the Packers defensive unit through the post-season. 2.0 Courteous staff. College Football Stats and History The complete source for current and historical college football players, schools, scores and leaders. He won the Bronko Nagurski Trophy as the best defensive college player. [72], During the 2010 season, Woodson recorded two interceptions and five forced fumbles for the Packers. [17] In a game against Ohio State, he returned a punt for a touchdown, made an interception in the end-zone, and had a 37-yard reception that led to Michigan's only offensive touchdown of the game. You make me honest. [57] Overall, he finished the season with 62 total tackles, seven interceptions, two pick-sixes, 17 passes defensed, one forced fumble, and one fumble recovery.[58]. elle duncan nationality ethnicity,

Opposite Of Jack Name, West Branch Lake Water Level, Sagittarius Monthly Horoscope Career, Williamstowne Court Cheektowaga, Ny, Articles C