Lets say that element is of class silkscreen, here is some style for it: The z-index needs to be high enough to position it above everything but your dropdown. Site design / logo 2023 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under CC BY-SA. I know how to close a div after click outside the parent div with jQuery . Canadian of Polish descent travel to Poland with Canadian passport. It just takes the element you're going to listen on as the first argument which can be window, document, body or any other element reference. export class AppComponent { isMenuOpened: boolean = false ; toggleMenu (): void { this .isMenuOpened = ! Find centralized, trusted content and collaborate around the technologies you use most. To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. By clicking Post Your Answer, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy. Check out these posts by Ben Nadel: I found this clickOut directive: Find centralized, trusted content and collaborate around the technologies you use most. 2.) I want that it is not possible to click outside a dialog (nothing should happens). close div on click outside angular Code Examples & Solutions For This Thanks. To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers. If the null hypothesis is never really true, is there a point to using a statistical test without a priori power analysis? I'll check out that JSBin for the directive, and post the results when it is done and working. I want to hide div after clicking on close button in Angular 6 and other want to change the other div class. In angular1 I used to do this by [keyboard]="false" [backdrop]="'static'". Angular 6 - How can I hide a div onclick of outside of that div 2. Note: There is no need to add extra stopPropagation() in either this solution or the first solution if you have one outer div which handles the propagation. How do I remove a property from a JavaScript object? which is working well, as mouse hover opens the dropdown and keeps that open. Then the background has a click event that close the drop-down. propagation of the current event in the capturing and bubbling phases. This uses jQuery for child checking but you can probably do it without if needed. Then you could detect clicks on that element and close the dropdown when it is clicked. Is "I didn't think it was serious" usually a good defence against "duty to rescue"? Short story about swapping bodies as a job; the person who hires the main character misuses his body. How can I close a dropdown on click outside? - Stack Overflow Thanks! How can I close a dropdown on click outside? Ubuntu won't accept my choice of password. (not not) operator in JavaScript? Passing negative parameters to a wolframscript. Sample Usage Using this directive is as easy as: <div (clickOutside)="close ()"></div> Boolean algebra of the lattice of subspaces of a vector space? Why does Acts not mention the deaths of Peter and Paul? By clicking Post Your Answer, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy. Currently when I click on service box icon it displays the service box: Now Whenever I click outside of it, it does not close. Not the answer you're looking for? Identify blue/translucent jelly-like animal on beach, What are the arguments for/against anonymous authorship of the Gospels. Solution: use Element.closest () inside a document click event listener Element.closest () works its way to the top of the root of the DOM object to see if it can find a match for the query selector that was provided. This wont work if you want to keep the dropdown open on click, for example a user might miss click a button. By clicking Post Your Answer, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy. The correct answer has a problem, if you have a clicakble component in your popover, the element will no longer on the contain method and will close, based on @JuHarm89 i created my own: You should check if you click on the modal overlay instead, a lot easier. Where you want to click to close what? Call method on clicking anywhere outside div or popup in Angular I think Sasxa accepted answer works for most people. For this case I used M98's solution including Renderer2, but changed the condition to the one from Sujay's answer. index.html The dialog should be open top of one fixed fullscreen element, like. That's how I would do it in a pure JavaScript app. It is very elegant way to handle problem described in question. How can I select an element with multiple classes in jQuery? Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow! Don't forget to unsubscribe! "window:mouseup" should be used within the host decorator. Extracting arguments from a list of function calls. Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience. Connect and share knowledge within a single location that is structured and easy to search. Unexpected uint64 behaviour 0xFFFF'FFFF'FFFF'FFFF - 1 = 0? Is a downhill scooter lighter than a downhill MTB with same performance? nativeElement.parent didn't worked for me. This is a follow-up question to this question: AngularJS input with focus kills ng-repeat filter of list. Why did US v. Assange skip the court of appeal? Is there a way for the HostListener to only be active when there are subscribers interested in the events? By clicking Post Your Answer, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy. @Sasxa thank you, and agreed. Make OnClose event run when clicking outside dialog box with dismissableMask set true, A boy can regenerate, so demons eat him for years. time based on its definition. You can use HostListener to get the click event of document. Are there any canonical examples of the Prime Directive being broken that aren't shown on screen? By clicking Post Your Answer, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy. Would My Planets Blue Sun Kill Earth-Life? 565), Improving the copy in the close modal and post notices - 2023 edition, New blog post from our CEO Prashanth: Community is the future of AI. What is the symbol (which looks similar to an equals sign) called? How can I change an element's class with JavaScript? It can and will have a visible performance impact if you overuse it (for example, when building a custom dropdown component and you have multiple instances created in a form). How can I set the default value for an HTML