Making homemade graham cracker pie crust is super easy and I much prefer the do-it-yourself method to the store-bought variety. Did you try this recipe? Please read my. This may take some time, and thats OK. We want the crust to be compact because otherwise, itll fall apart when youre serving it. Heat it on medium heat until it begins to simmer. The key is going to be cooking it long enough so that the pudding holds its shape when you slice the pie! Press the crumbs until they are thickly packed in the pan. I like Ghirardelli 60% bittersweet chocolate chips because they melt smoothly and the bittersweet flavor doesn't make the pie filling too sweet. We are sorry that this post was not useful for you! Can I make the topping separately and keep it refrigerated, then place it on top of the pie when it is time to serve? (4-serve) jell-o chocolate instant pudding, sliced fresh strawberries (may use frozen). With 600+ recipes, I'll help you find yours! 2 cups milk 1 graham cracker pie crust 1 8- ounce tub of whipped topping sugar-free works perfectly fine! Step 1: Add a single layer of Graham crackers to the bottom of the pan. Your email address will not be published. Mix graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon together in a medium bowl. Chocolate, of course! Please refer to my disclosure page for more information about these affiliate programs. Finally, add the last 1/2 of the remaining un-mixed whipped cream to the top of the pie, and smooth out the top. However, if youve got runny pudding inside your pie crust already it might just be best to eat that with a spoon. Add half (8 ounces) of the whipped topping and fold it in with a spatula until combined. After about a minute, it should be very thick. In a medium saucepan, pour in the heavy cream and milk. Nutrition Calories 170 % Daily Value* Total Fat 5g 6% Its the perfect creamy chocolate pie for true chocolate addicts! The Jell-O chocolate pudding pie will keep for up to 2 days. straight to your inbox. 1st Layer: Beat cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar and milk till smooth. For garnish, dust with cocoa or shave some semi-sweet chocolate on top. Once it is simmering, add your chocolate. My recipes are simple with easy to find ingredients your family will love plan on making seconds! Stir constantly until the mixture reaches a boil. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Hey, Hi, Hello! 3 Ingredient No-Bake Hershey's Pie - The Lazy Dish If you have a stand mixer, this is a great time to use it because when you beat the pudding mix and heavy cream together, the mixture will be very thick. When its done, remove the crust from the oven, and let it cool while you make the chocolate pudding filling. Chocolate Delight Dessert Recipe With Variations - The Spruce Eats 10 Easy & Family Friendly Recipes for Busy Weeknights. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve. Hi Chris! Place yogurt in large mixing bowl. Yes, you can use a ready made graham cracker pie crust or an Oreo cookie crust. Sprinkle a little cinnamon on top , DELISH. cool whip, graham cracker crust, mint extract, vanilla instant pudding mix and 2 more Quick Pineapple Pie Tip Buzz sour cream, whipped cream, pineapple rings, graham cracker crust and 4 more Coconut Dream Pie SparkRecipes vanilla extract, coconut, graham cracker crust, skim milk, coconut extract and 2 more Coconut Cream Pie Southern Kissed Step Three: In a large jug, whisk together the egg yolks, cornstarch, sugar, and salt until smooth. Home | Recipes | Easy Chocolate Cool Whip Pie. Using a stand or hand-held electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar on medium speed until well blended. If you make the Jell-O chocolate pudding pie recipe too quickly, it may not be as creamy or thick as youd want. Im about to try this but wondering, can I only use one box of pudding instead of 2? Yes. One serving of this pudding pie is full of chocolate flavor. This will prevent ice crystals from forming on top of the JELL-O Chocolate Pudding Pie. All of the other ingredients in the recipe are naturally gluten free! This takes about 3-4 minutes. I just read your comment, and my heart dropped. Pour the mixture into your 9 inch deep dish pie plate and use the bottom of a measuring cup to evenly press the crumbs into the bottom and sides of the pan. Step 1 In a medium bowl, using a handheld mixer (or in the large bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment), beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla on medium-high speed until . What goes best with Cool Whip? It is perfectly fine but when it comes down to it its coolwhip and chocolate pudding. Beat. We are compensated for referring traffic. Remove from oven and cool completely. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. It blends a pack of strawberry Jell-O with Cool Whip piled inside a pre-made graham cracker crust. Whipped cream, chocolate shavings, hot fudge, and other ingredients may be used. Cover and refrigerate up to 2 days before adding the filling. The ingredient list is short and sweet! STEP FIVE: Spread the Cool Whip mixture into the pre-made graham cracker crust. Hi, I dont have cool whip on hand but still really want to make this recipe. I highly recommend using a weighing scale and measuring out your ingredients the metric way. When the crust is evenly distributed, pop into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the crust has set. You can make your own whipped cream with heavy cream and powdered sugar! Stir in Cool Whip until well mixed. Simple ingredients transform instant chocolate pudding mix and Cool Whip into luscious layers of rich, decadent chocolate pudding pie filling in a homemade graham cracker pie crust. The crust needs to bake and cool slightly before you pour the pudding into it. Vanilla extract. Place milk in a large mixing bowl. (It should coat the back of a spoon easily at this stage.). JELL-O Chocolate Pudding Pie Recipe - Table for Seven - Chefs & Recipes In case anyone is still wondering, you can stabalize whipped cream in advance of serving with gelatin. Perfect for the holidays, Valentines Day, your next potluck or a summer barbecue. It boasts a rich buttery graham cracker crust, creamy Cool Whip, and cream cheese layer (that takes just like cheesecake). Creamy No-Bake Frozen Strawberry Sandwiches. sugar, jello, graham cracker crumbs . Its also no-bake and so incredibly easy, even if youve never made a pie before in your life. Your email address will not be published. Its not exciting but a good way to make an emergency dessert if you have the ingredients on hand. Cool Whip keeps things light, and it's ready in just 30 minutes! Im planning to remake this recipe and review it closely to see what the problem might be. Stir in the strawberries. I love running, cooking, and curling up with a good book! Bake for 10 minutes. Do I cook the chocolate pudding before I put it in crust. Add pudding mix. At a glance, this vanilla Cool Whip pie looks like Cool Whip in a pie crust. (Mixture will be thick.) Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave in 15-second increments, stirring in between, until the chocolate is completely melted and creamy. 2. Used cocowhip instead of whipped cream & then canned coconut cream instead ofheavy whipping cream. Spoon the chocolate Cool Whip mixture over the pudding layer and spread it evenly. Hey there! Would this recipe work with the cook and serve pudding mix? Set aside. 1 box instant pudding any flavor and sugar-free works perfectly fine! The filling is very thick! Pour the melted butter, salt and sugar over the graham cracker crumbs. Just A Pinch Food Group If youre looking for a peanut butter version of this pie, check out my peanut butter cup pie. Put together the pie, and let it chill. Required fields are marked *. Remove from freezer 15 minutes before slicing to serve. Jello Chocolate Pudding Pie Recipe: No Bake Chocolate Dessert Thats it! each Instant Chocolate Pudding; 2 cups Half and Half Half Milk and Half Cream; 8 oz. So, you want to make a pie that everyone will love but cant decide between chocolate or vanilla. I actually used 3oz Ghirardelli60% cocoa and 4oz Ghirardellis semi sweet chocolate. I mixed the topping for 20 minutes and it still was not forming at all. Stir sweetened condensed milk into cooled chocolate and stir until smooth. The homemade graham cracker crust is nice and crispy, perfectly balanced and sweet. Whisk together the sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch and salt in a medium saucepan. Stir in COOL WHIP. Your email address will not be published. Use your hands or a flat utensil, like a measuring cup, to gently press the crust together and into shape. JELL-O Chocolate Pudding pie toppings are my favorite! Use a vegetable peeler to make chocolate shavings with a bar of chocolate. This post may contain affiliate links. Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. TIA. Chocolate Cream Pie with Cool Whip is the easiest way to make this classic chocolate pie! Jell-O Chocolate Pudding Pie stays nicely in the refrigerator, but its best eaten within 48 hours after making it since the graham cracker crust begins to weaken after that. Is heavy cream the same as whipping cream? Do not use dream whip , 1 cup heavy cream and 2 cups of whole milk and then add cool whip.i did and it tastes like sweet glue.next time Ill go to the store first and not improvise ingredients. Your email address will not be published. Theres something about Cool Whip that I adore. Chocolate pudding pie is an easy no bake dessert to make for any occasion! Because its made with cool whip this pie can be frozen whole or as slices. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. Top with the remaining whipped topping and chill until you're ready to serve. To protect the topping, place toothpicks into the pie and tent the plastic wrap over them. I would suggest making the whipped cream topping before bringing it over instead of in advance. Yes! This easy chocolate pudding pie with a graham cracker crust is just like the diner classic but made from scratch! When paired with a kick of tartness from fresh lemons, this pie is sweet, tart, creamy, and 100 percent addictive. It might not be pretty, but itll sure taste good. Refrigerate for 1 hour (or more) Serve and enjoy! The Best Cool Whip Graham Cracker Crust Pie Recipes on Yummly | No Bake Peppermint Pie, Lemon Icebox Pie (aka Lemonade Pie), Lemonade Pie . This strawberry Jell-O Cool Whip pie is like strawberries and cream, pie edition. Once you add in the cool whip, the mixture will become more creamy and fluffy. Powered by American Hometown Media, Inc. The light and fluffy middle layer is a creamy combo of chocolate pudding and Cool Whip -- and the top of the pie is all Cool Whip bedazzled with chocolate shavings. Chocolate Pudding & Cool Whip Dessert Recipe - Food.com Im planning on making ahead and freezing.From other questions and comments Im wondering if I can make whole pie and freeze . Many recipes use cold milk, however, I found that using heavy whipping cream created a pie that was thicker, stable, and more mousse like! What makes this simple recipe stand out from the crowd is the addition of sweetened condensed milk. Get the instructions to make them right here. No-Bake Chocolate Pudding Pieis afamily-favorite dessert! This chocolate pie with pudding is thick and fluffy, and can be made with a graham cracker or oreo crust. 5 5-Ingredient No-Bake Strawberry Chocolate Pie. Refrigerate for at least 6-8 hours before serving. Press this mixture evenly into a 9 or 10 inch pie pan. A healthy dollop of whipped cream on top of this pie from a spoon isnt a bad idea, either. This pie recipe earns a triple punch of lime flavors with lime gelatin, fresh lime juice, and Key lime yogurt. No-Bake Chocolate Pudding Pieis afamily-favorite dessert! 1 pre-made 8-inch graham cracker crust ( or homemade) 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened 3/4 cup sugar 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares 1 teaspoon good vanilla 2 eggs COOL WHIP Whipped Topping Instructions: Melt chocolate in microwave (approximately 2 minutes) and set aside to cool. Press the mixture in the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Don't miss a single recipe from Kim's Cravings sign up for posts by email! Spread the filling evenly with an offset spatula or knife. I recommend using a toothpick to poke a couple of holes to vent the warm air as well. You wrist and forearm may be a little sore afterward, lol! While this three-layer pie looks complicated, its deceptively easy. Dont worry, the homemade pie crust is quick and easy and comes together instantly. In a large bowl, beat the softened cream cheese with the confectioners' sugar until smooth. Heres the lineup: There are a variety of different crusts you can use for your chocolate cream pie recipe, but I personally love this pie with a simple graham cracker crust. Your email address will not be published. Soooo good! Yummy! Using a stand or hand-held mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar on medium speed until well blended. Top with remaining ingredients before serving. Pro tip: You can use a food processor or a plastic bag and a rolling pin to make the graham cracker crumbs if you dont purchase the pre-made crumbs. If you have a stand mixer, this is a great time to use it! Tag @kimscravings on Instagram and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy and delicious recipes straight to your inbox! Get the full instructions here. It has a chocolate pudding bottom layer, a mousse-like chocolate layer, and a pure whipped cream topping. However, Im encouraged that it tasted great and that youd know what you would do next time. Wrap the Jell-O chocolate pudding pie pan in plastic wrap or foil, or store individual slices in an airtight container. Once completely added, pour this mixture back into the saucepan, stirring with a rubber spatula. Im Dorothy. Combine everything until the crumbs are evenly moistened. originally published August 3, 2020 last updated November 17, 2022 Instant chocolate pudding makes the easy chocolate cream pie filling come together in a snap. This easy chocolate pie with pudding is thick and fluffy, and can be made with a graham cracker or oreo crust. You will not be disappointed by this easy, delicious chocolate pudding pie its so simple and atotal crowd pleaser! Top your JELL-O Chocolate Pudding Pie with something delicious! Mixture will be thick. The sweetened condensed milk makes this pie deliciously sweet, creamy, and decadent. Grind the graham crackers into fine crumbs in a food processor. Easy Chocolate Pudding Pie with Graham Cracker Crust Follow me on Instagram for more content, and share a photo of your creation with the hashtag #speckledpalate! The recipe has only been tested with 2 boxes of pudding, so thats what I recommend! If you dont want to use cool whip, you can substitute 8 oz of homemade whipped cream, which is also equal to 3 cups. As a substitute, dissolve up to twice the amount of instant coffee crystals in the milk. Combine with brown sugar and melted butter. Just before serving, top with remaining 1/2 cup whipped topping and sprinkle with grated chocolate, if desired. Set the melted chocolate aside while you make the chocolate pudding pie filling. COOL 'N CREAMY CHOCOLATE PIE Place milk in a large mixing bowl. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. I also love that it can be made days ahead of time, so on the day of your event all you need to do is slice, serve and enjoy! If you try it out, let me know! This simple JELL-O Chocolate Pudding Pie Recipe uses actual handmade chocolate pudding and a buttery graham cracker crust, and its topped with fresh whipped cream. Beat the pie filling with a wire whisk or an electric mixer until smooth. This Chocolate Pudding Pie is so good that I really just want to high five my grandma right now! Image 2 on the collage above. This easy chocolate pudding pie is a family favorite and gets rave reviews. top 10 essential dessert recipes free! What size pie pan were you using? Commentdocument.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a4ae6f32ea6417a98c5b4df82b16ccf2" );document.getElementById("d55fec7b51").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. I used a Hersheys Chocolate Bar and a potato peeler to make chocolate shavings. Graham cracker crumbs. Press the mixture into the pie plate with enough pressure to create a compact crust. But its so much more than that! Let cool while you make the chocolate pudding mixture. Its super tart, but the addition of Cool Whip helps tame the bright acidic kick from the limes. When your Jell-O chocolate pudding pie is done it should be thick but pourable, and it will thicken more as it sets. Do we prepare the pudding per instructions then add the heavy cream, or do we just combine the cream and the mix? Easy Biscoff Blondies with Chocolate Chips. Instructions Whisk the pudding with the milk, according to the directions on the package. For The Whipped Cream: Chill the bowl: Prepare the whipped cream after the pie is fully cooled and solidified. FLUFFY WATERMELON PIE Party Pinching. Once strained, place plastic wrap on the surface on the pudding and let it come to room temperature. Once at room temperature, pour the pudding into the graham cracker crust. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases. Chocolate cream with graham cracker crust is the most requested by my grandkids. And you can do this with sugar free pudding and cool whip! I'm the girl, Kim, behind Kim's Cravings. For the crust, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Combine the graham cracker crumbs and sugar in a bowl. Stir in COOL WHIP.

What Happened To The Morning Hustle On 92q, Are Chomps Safe For Pregnancy, Mushroom Gravy For Meatloaf Rachael Ray, Articles C

cool whip chocolate pudding pie with graham cracker crust