The former SmackDown Tag Team Champion went on to elaborate on just how often he would see Eddie Guerrero as a child. Eddie Guerrero himself developed the storyline. He befriended Chris Benoit's son David as they played together backstage. [14] He once again appeared on Raw from April to June, during the feud between Mysterio and Joe. The Miz in a cage match for the U.S. Championship, the fallout from WWE Clash at the Castle", "9/12 WWE Raw results: Powell's live review of Edge vs. Dominik Mysterio, Raquel Rodriguez and Aliyah vs. Iyo Sky and Dakota Kai for the WWE Women's Tag Team Titles, Johnny Gargano's in-ring return", "Powell's WWE Raw Hit List: Seth Rollins vs. Matt Riddle for the U.S. Championship, Bobby Lashley calls out Brock Lesnar, AJ Styles vs. Dominik Mysterio, Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson vs. Alpha Academy, Dakota Kai and Iyo Sky vs. Bianca Belair and Candice LeRae in a non-title match, Baron Corbin vs. Dolph Ziggler", "WATCH: Rhea Ripley and Dominik attack former WWE Champion in his house during Thanksgiving", "and this time, @reymysterio called the police! Watch on YouTube An eight-year old Dominic was then brought into the storyline and used in a controversial angle where Mysterio and Guerrero had a ladder match at Summerslam, with the custody. Unlike her sister, she did not choose to enter wrestling. [24], As part of the 2020 Draft in October, Mysterio was drafted to the SmackDown brand. He estimates 40 people, at most, were sitting in the "crappy" gymnasium to watch him perform. In 2005, Dominik Mysterio was the subject of a long feud between his father Rey Mysterio and WWE Hall of Famer Eddie Guerrero. Dominik is the real son of Rey Mysterio. Be the first one to comment on this story. [11][12], In 2018, Gutirrez began training with Jay Lethal and his father to become a professional wrestler. Shortly after the relationship, they gave birth to Kaylie was born in 2002. Eddie Guerrero and Sporadic Appearances (2003-2010) . [57], On the Raw after WrestleMania 39, Dominik confronted Bad Bunny for his involvement in Dominik's match against Rey. Not only that, but he was also a high school level wrestler, and has participated in several wrestling regional and national tournaments. Conor McGregor shows up? "I want to be much bigger than he was. WWE 93.3M subscribers 2.8M views 3 years ago Dominik Mysterio recalls what it was like filming with Eddie Guerrero and the questions that arose from Guerrero's infamous 2005 custody battle. In the clip, Dominick Mysterio can . During that time, Eddie and Vickies relationship had a rough patch in between. Bit fucking weird, but hey ho. Because I do remember them telling me they wanted to do this storyline, and my dad pitched it to me, and I was all on board with it. Rey Mysterio Jr. was by far his youngest student when he began training at 8 years old -- the next closest was double his age. "For me, I never wanted to push him to follow in my footsteps," Rey said. That's not happening. Dominic belongs to a wealthy family, as his father Rey Mysterio is a sensational WWE superstar with a net worth of $8.5 million. Everything we do (and don't) know about the UFC-WWE merger, Finn Balor needed 14 staples in his head after cut at WrestleMania, Bad Bunny appears poised for second WWE match, WWE WrestleMania 39 Night 2 results: Roman Reigns and the Bloodline stop Cody Rhodes, WWE WrestleMania 39 Night 1 results: Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens dethrone The Usos, Meet the real Bloodline: How Roman Reigns and his family took over professional wrestling, 'The MVP of WWE': Sami Zayn's rise from masked indie wrestler to main event show stealer, WWE women's tag team championship history, NXT women's tag team championship history, WWE to host shows in Orlando with virtual fans, WWE SummerSlam 2022: news, stories, match card, results, start time and information, one of the most emotional feuds in WWE history, culminated in a ladder match at SummerSlam 2005, a brutal attack on Dominik with a kendo stick. Not much is known about Tara as she prefers to live a lowkey life. where he watched backstage as his father battled with Mr. Kennedy. He's making the most of the opportunities that have been given to him.". "As far as being able to fill in his shoes, I think it's more of the fact that I have to outgrow his shoes," Dominik said, suddenly not so soft-spoken. Later, after defeating Audrey Marie, she went on to become FWC Divas Champion. Rey Mysterio's Son Recalls Eddie Guerrero's Touching - SPORTbible SummerSlam 2020 might be the site of Dominik's first match, but his story in the WWE began on Aug. 21, 2005. With such strong family ties to the business, it surely won't be long before he's making a huge splash in WWE? "It was rough, man," Rollins said. Gone too soon but never forgotten, Eddie Guerrero is one of the legends who will live forever in the hearts of wrestling fans. Title, Rey Mysterio vs. Dominik Mysterio, Seth Rollins vs. Logan Paul", "4/3 WWE Raw results: Powell's live review of the Raw after WrestleMania 39", "@dominik_35 on Instagram: "Happy 10 year anniversary, I am beyond blessed to have you by my side. I think it was a little bit of genuine fear in there, too, because I was a kid, man. To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders, Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications, .css-o3g03s{color:black;}Published20:02,24 January 2017 GMT.css-1aaqh7x{color:#666666;}@media (min-width:1024px){.css-1aaqh7x{color:#666666;}}| Last updated14:40,20 March 2018 GMT. Rhea Ripley caught on to the trend and adopted the 'Mami' nickname. But there isn't a single moment during his interviews when he fails to address the man who fought Rey Mysterio for his custody, Eddie Guerrero. . WWE first acknowledged this almost two decades back when Dominik was part of the storyline which also involved the late Eddie Guerrero. He had his first storyline in the summer of 2005 as part of a storyline between his father and Eddie Guerrero, in which the two rivals fought for custody of him. I initially thought he was joking," Dominik told ESPN via Zoom. The two feuded on WWE TV over who was the father of Rey's real-life son Dominic. Unfortunately, Eddie did not escape death in 2005. However, Guerrero, portraying a villain at the time, revealed the secret anyway and claimed that he was the biological father of Rey's real-life son Dominic and that he passed him on to Rey and his wife Angie because they were having issues starting a family of their own. #Where'sMikey #GR8GymDayW/DaHomies #BaddestManOnThePlanet #miketyson #DomDaDon @rootsoffight @cleancheatz @nutritionsolutions, Happy Father's Day to the one and only the G. O. Dominik Mysterio reveals WWE Draft wish and talks legendary father Rey Do check the Promotions tab if you cannot find it in the Primary Inbox. [9] On August 21, Mysterio defeated Guerrero in a ladder match for custody of Dominik at SummerSlam. "Back then, I remember our wrestling teachers used to be hard. For anyone still in doubt over who Domick's real father is, the documentary includes footage of Guerrero and Dominick between takes. WWE Superstar Dominik Mysterio recently spoke about his involvement in the iconic SummerSlam ladder match between his father, Rey Mysterio and Eddie Guerrero. The wrestling bug wouldn't grab hold of him until much later in life. Well, most of the time anyway. WrestleMania 40 bold predictions: Roman Reigns loses? Fourteen years on from when Rey Mysterio and Eddie Guerrero fought for custody of Dominick, people still ask the young Mysterio who his real father is. Everybody's got a different path. Check it out. Dominik had a support system in place, as each student was provided a room at a nearby house with fellow trainees, but there was a massive culture shock that winter. The scene called for Dominik to ask "Uncle Eddie" to push him down a slide. Was it my dad Rey, or was it my dad Eddie. Be the first one to comment on this story. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. [15] During the following months, he was involved in his father's storylines and matches, including interfering in Rey's WWE Championship match against Brock Lesnar at Survivor Series on November 24. Well, turns out a lot of people, as was revealed by Dominick himself on a recent edition of WWE Untold. I definitely would put Dom in that third group. NY 10036. Future US, Inc. Full 7th Floor, 130 West 42nd Street, I was growing much faster than I should've at the time. "My dad [was the one who] told me. The Kayfabe Chronicles: Eddie, Rey, and the Custody of Dominick Its a moment the younger Mysterio may not have imagined back in his youth, especially when his father was locked in a custody battle with Eddie Guerrero for parental rights, fictionally speaking of course. The Fiend for the WWE Universal Championship, Mandy Rose vs. Sonya Deville in a No DQ, loser leaves WWE match, Asuka challenges for two titles", "WWE Payback results: Powell's review of The Fiend vs. Bray Wyatt vs. Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman in a Triple Threat for the WWE Universal Championship, Keith Lee vs. Randy Orton, Sasha Banks and Bayley vs. Shayna Baszler and Nia Jax for the WWE Women's Tag Titles, Matt Riddle vs. King Corbin", "8/31 WWE Raw Results: Powell's live review of Dominik Mysterio vs. Seth Rollins, Randy Orton vs. Kevin Owens, and Keith Lee vs. Dolph Ziggler for a spot in a Triple Threat to become No. The controversial storyline was that Dominik was the son of Guerrero, born out of wedlock, but got adopted by the Mysterios. [30] A rematch for the titles was set for SummerSlam on August 21,[31] which the Mysterios failed to win. I dont know if I think I thought it [was real], but like, I think I thought I would eventually go home with Eddie if he won. "He thought I was messing with him.". They had appeared in a documentary about the life of Eddie Guerrero, but simply as a family. Ripley was left to pick up the bill before leaving. [43] As part of The Judgment Day, Dominik took on a gimmick mirroring Eddie Guerrero's Latino Heat while together with Ripley, with Ripley calling herself as Dominik's "Mami". WHO'S YOUR PAPI? | The Story Of Rey Mysterio, Eddie Guerrero, and Vicky Guerrero - Namuwiki But before it could happen, Rey and his wife, Angie, sat down with their son to ask if he'd be willing to play the part. "I think we're going to incorporate that eventually and create a good story so the fans can understand the rich history behind lucha libre and the masks.

As Otters Were Removed During The Hunting Years, Europe Job Agencies In Sri Lanka, Covid Spike Antibody Test Results Range, 60 X 24 X 24 Long Corrugated Boxes, Articles E