margin: 0 0 20px; [CDATA[ */ Scrobbling is when Last.fm tracks the music you listen to and automatically adds it to your music profile. In short, El Dorado is an absolutely perfect film. El DoradoEl Dorado\" (1966) (Nelson Riddle / John Gabriel) George Alexander \u0026 The MellomenIn sunshine and shadow, from darkness till noon Over mountains that reach from the sky to the moon A man with a dream that will never let go Keeps searching to find El Dorado So ride, boldly ride, to the end of the rainbow Ride, boldly ride, till you find El Dorado The wind becomes bitter, the sky turns to grey His body grows weary, he can't find his way But he'll never turn back, though he's lost in the snow For he has to find El Dorado So ride, boldly ride, to the end of the rainbow Ride, boldly ride, till you find El Dorado My Daddy once told me what a man ought to be There's much more to life than the things we can see And the godliest mortal you ever will know Is the one with the dream of El Dorado So ride, boldly ride, to the end of the rainbow Ride, boldly ride, till you find El DoradoOther Channels of minehttps://www.youtube.com/user/MrRicksoldieshttps://www.youtube.com/user/momsoldies1https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHWooG5WQK7Jeix-UM0TklQhttps://www.youtube.com/user/SuePalliMusic Your email address will not be published. boy listening to this song makes me feel more melancholy the older I get. Nelson Riddle and John Gabriel wrote the song. Love this song too. The Mellomen - Wikipedia .archive #page-title { The part where Mississippi is dressed up as a Chinese guy. Gaily bedight, A gallent knight, In sunshine & shadow, Had journeyed long, Singing a song, In search of El Dorado But he grew old, The knight so bold, And o his heart a shadow, Fell as he found, No spot of ground, That looked like El Dorado And as his strength, Failed him at length, He met a pilgrim shadow, Shadow.. said he, where can it be, This land of El Dorado Over the mountains & the moon, Down the valley of the shadow, Ride boldly ride, The shade replied, If you seek El Dorado . Wunderbarer Film mit einem tollen Song und natrlich einen noch besseren John Wayne, @ Jim Thanks for watchingHappy HolidaysSue. font-size: 16px; They recorded under a variety of names, including Big John and the Buzzards, the Crackerjacks, the Lee Brothers, and the Ravenscroft Quartet. line-height: 32px; George Alexander Best Songs List: Top, New, & Old | AllMusic My favorite. Great movie great actors great entertainment for everbody. John Wayne and Yul Brynner were the Heroes of my childhood and they brought me to Horses and these wonderful Music. Its a world empathy feeling song I love it !! Programming Bitcoin: Learn How To Program Bitcoin From Scratch Github, Your email address will not be published. George Alexander (Scottish musician), stage name of Alexander Young (1938-1997), singer and guitarist of the band Grapefruit In government, military, and politics [ edit] George Alexander (American politician) (1839-1923), mayor of Los Angeles George Alexander (Canadian politician) (1814-1903), former member of the Canadian Senate Would love to see a close-up photo of Mr. Alexander. Thanks so very much for posting. Various Artists - From Alamo to El Dorado - Amazon.com Music Somente os apaixonados por liberdade, aventura, e natureza, realmente entendem Love it, still love it. Our staff has managed to solve all the game packs and we are daily updating the site with each days answers and solutions. My melancholy started the day I first saw a John "Duke" Wayne western when I was a child aged 5'years old and I'm fifty years old this April ride boldly ride still looking for ELDERADO!., Thank for you keeping these memories alive I appreciated your sharing has I get older I appreciate the classic music and movies, En Sevdiim Koyboy filmi arks.Harika bir Film Harika bir zaman. Thank you so much to your father me and my grandad used to watch this and sing this together. In this thesis, we will argue that these exemplar portraits are largely determined by the literary strategies and analytical frameworks Enjoy! Sorry, Rickylights out on this one. Now, about 20 years later, he has passed. . display: none; Depeche Mode 's song Personal Jesus , from their 1990 album Violator , has been interpreted in a variety of ways--from an assault on Great Song! In sunshine and shadow, from darkness till noon. Look no further because you will find whatever you are looking for in here. Go directly to shout page. margin: 0 auto; One of my favourite Western!EL DORADO-RIO BRAVO!! This is definitely in my top 3 with hondo, and rio lobo, Another masterpiece of John ( the duke) Wayne rest in peace , My father mother and I watched this when I was a kid momma's gone dad's 83 and at 41 I'm still watching this is the only movie that calms me. Rhapsode : Dan Caldwell. I've been watching this since I was a kid. Over mountains that reach from the sky to the moon. Brings back so many memories of watching John Wayne movies together with my dad. Without any doubt one of the best Western theme songs. I passed it on to my little ones as well! One of my favourite films, contains three of my favourite actors: John Wayne, Robert Mitchum (his brother is the bartender in the film) and Arthur Hunnicutt. Harrah talks Thornton out of taking the job and Cole hits the road, leaving behind his best girl Maudie (Charlene Holt) and Sheriff Harrah to keep the peace. I will for sure be showing this to my kids in the future. The Searchers (John Ford, 1956) The saga of a racist outsiders search for his kidnapped niece still astounds in its dark power, beauty and all round magnificence. Language links are at the top of the page across from the title. The group was founded by Thurl Ravenscroft and Max Smith in 1948. 2005. After laying eyes on the comely Maudie, Mississippi lets out a low whistle: Well, I found one thing out, he tells Cole. Together with an old Indian fighter and a gambler, they help a rancher and his family fight a rival Cole Thornton, a gunfighter for hire, joins forces with an old friend, Sheriff J.P. Hara. Its heady stuff and none more so than towards the end of the film, where Thornton, Harrah and Mississippi stalk the deserted streets of El Dorado, picking off McLeods men one by one. recycledbooksdenton, cdsin. Stand With Ukraine! They recorded under a variety of names, including Big John and the Buzzards, the Crackerjacks, the Lee Brothers, and the Ravenscroft Quartet. Rest In Peace James Caan he was great in it. If youre anything like me, selecting one film as your favorite is probably a pretty impossible task. After the boy ends up taking his own life, Cole brings the body back to the MacDonald ranch: Never send a boy to do a mans job, he tells the elder MacDonald and hes right. One of the great themes of those fantastic westerns they made in those days. I would sit on the left side of his armchair and wed watch eldorado every single time. A top theme song, finely sung. El Dorado - Piano Sheet Music - Lachini When I went to re-watch the film for purposes of my recent film festival, I went into it with the goal of being as critical as possible: its often too easy for us to simply accept our childhood loves unconditionally, without giving them proper critical consideration. His body grows weary, he can't find his way. He was devout racist. Great music, Great Movie and Great Stars! UKULELE by Misc Soundtrack, George Alexander and The Mellowmen Encore westerns channel is superb - it featured John Wayne this month with stunning quality and the song over the opening credits sounds fantastic ! } Exelente filme, postem completo dublado ou legendado em portugus. Type above and press Enter to search. 17 EL DORADO Title Music from the film El Dorado (1966) Lyrics, 18 El Dorado George Alexander Lyrics Translations, 19 El Dorado (Original Film Soundtrack) Apple Music, The list of 15 who sings the theme song for kim possible, The top 10+ who sings this is me in the greatest showman, The list of 1 who is the mushroom masked singer, The top 1 who is the skeleton on the masked singer season 2, The top 1 who did teddy pendergrass sing with. I have to say that I have seen this fun movie so many times, I can say peoples lines before they do. Well, it sounds like they placed 2 recording mics in front of the TV and let 'er rip. I was in the8th grade when I first heard this i could barely read my English teacher helped me this poem helped me now myself I am a teacher for has mat then saw the movie my mom heard me recite it i also write rip mom your bad boy done it when irecite it to my grand kids they want to watch the movie they tell everybody I wrote it i just smile i found my Eldorado my family, @davindaire Np friend; it was originally a poem by Edgar Allan Poe. Complex, multi-layered and troubling, with a monumental performance from Wayne as the bigoted anti-hero, the film repays repeated viewing. George Alexander - El Dorado lyrics + German translation Old Shirt To New Jacket, My grandfather used to watch me on Saturdays, when I was little. John Wayne Tribute (with El Dorado sung by George Alexander) seankenan 671 subscribers Subscribe 1K 162K views 12 years ago A tribute to The Duke with the title song from one of his greatest. My dad passed away earlier this year, one thing we did is watched John Wayne movies together. My melancholy started the day I first saw a John "Duke" Wayne western when I was a child aged 5'years old and I'm fifty years old this April ride boldly ride still looking for ELDERADO!., Thank for you keeping these memories alive I appreciated your sharing has I get older I appreciate the classic music and movies, En Sevdiim Koyboy filmi arks.Harika bir Film Harika bir zaman. It epitomizes everything there is about western genre and they couldn't have picked a better artist to sing it. In many ways, El Dorado functions as a remake of Hawks own Rio Bravo (1959): the basic plot is the same and many of the characters in El Dorado seem to be slight variations on the characters from Rio Bravo. While her ambush doesnt kill Cole, as planned, it does leave him with a bullet in his back and plenty of residual pain. } This to me is one of the best theme songs for a fantastic Western movie with John Wayne, Robert Mitchum & James Caan! /*Archives*/ @Angel Chavez that's a wonderful story buddy. 1973-2017 Fondation Flix Houphouet-Boigny pour la Recherche de la Paix. var wpstream_player_vars = {"admin_url":"https:\/\/www.fondation-fhb.org\/wp-admin\/","chat_not_connected":"Inactive Channel - Chat is disabled. } alexander l george - george alexander el dorado singer Truly classy theme for such a cool ol' fashion western! My likes can change based on mood, time of day, the weather outside, research Ive done, other films Ive seen and conversations Ive had with other cinephiles. box-shadow: none !important; var sibErrMsg = {"invalidMail":"Please fill out valid email address","requiredField":"Please fill out required fields","invalidDateFormat":"Please fill out valid date format","invalidSMSFormat":"Please fill out valid phone number"}; Since you are already here then chances are that you are looking for the Daily Themed Crossword Solutions. With El Dorado, my adrenaline starts pumping the second the opening kicks in and that glorious theme song, performed so perfectly by George Alexander and the Mellomen, begins. .main-navigation { vertical-align: middle; 78K. text-align: center; I love these ballads to these old westerns ! Wonderful Movie i can watch it over and over and over and never get tired of it. [CDATA[ */ Not only is it my favorite Howard Hawks film, its also my favorite John Wayne film and one of my favorite Mitchum and Caan films, which actually says alot. @Tony Hemingway Searchers is very overrated. color: #000000; Thank you for sharing. font-weight: 700; I never get tired of watching it and I'm just going to get another fix. Never tire of watching the Duke's movies. B D#m C#m D#m Over mountains that reach from the sky to the moon . His arch, slightly bemused delivery is pitch-perfect, going miles towards establishing his begrudging respect for Thornton. Posted by phillipkaragas in Uncategorized, 1960's films, Arthur Hunnicutt, auteur theory, based on a book, Charlene Holt, Christopher George, cinema, classic films, Cole Thornton, drunk sheriff, Ed Asner, El Dorado, favorite films, Film auteurs, film reviews, films, friendships, George Alexander and the Mellomen, gunfighters, Harold Rosson, Howard Hawks, iconic film scores, James Caan, John Wayne, Leigh Brackett, male friendships, Michele Carey, Mississippi, Movies, Nelse McLeod, Nelson Riddle, ranchers, Rio Bravo, Rio Lobo, Robert Mitchum, romance, Sheriff Harrah, The Big Sleep, The Empire Strikes Back, The Long Goodbye, the myth of the Old West, the Old West, the Wild West, The Wizard of Oz, theme songs, Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo, water rights, Westerns. @media screen and (max-width: 480px) { .so-mobilenav-mobile + * { display: block; } .so-mobilenav-standard + * { display: none; } .site-navigation #search-icon { display: none; } } .entry-content p, .entry-content > ul, .entry-content > ol, .entry-content > li, .entry-content > dl, .entry-content pre, .entry-content code, .entry-content blockquote { If 100 different people were to ask me the same question, they might receive any of seven or eight different answers, depending on any of the above. font-size: 16px; /* Colombian singer of El Dorado fame who has won multiple Grammy awards @Constantin Weschke Robert Mitchum Dean Martin, absolutely brilliant in both movies, and last but not least THE DUKE. One of my very favorites of Wayne's oeuvre. This western movie is amazing I love all John Wayne's westerns. I watch this movie practically everyday and never get tired of it. Log In. George Alexander & The Mellomen - AllMusic I love the song and now Im practicing the guitar cords. . } My father and I watched this movie when I was a kid. El Dorado Opening Credits Title Song / George Alexander and the Mellomen. George Alexander - Artist Details. i watched el dorado yesterday its a great western movie, My dad brought me up watching these movies as a kid. Click on an album cover to sample the song. Have to agree 100%. In all honesty, I really cant find enough good things to say about El Dorado: its been one of my all-time favorite films since I was a boy (this and Clint Eastwoods Westerns were the only ones I truly loved, as a boy, and I really couldnt stand John Wayne until I was much older) and my love and appreciation for the film have never waned. Movie Theme El Dorado George Alexander 1966 Lyrics - YouTube Start the wiki Send us a song that features a book, author, fictional character, or other literary reference and we'll try to post it on the blog. "Celebrating 50 Years of Pirates of the Caribbean with 50 Fun Facts", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=The_Mellomen&oldid=1152278397, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, This page was last edited on 29 April 2023, at 07:40. Are Pet Owners Happier Than Non-pet Owners, Programming Bitcoin: Learn How To Program Bitcoin From Scratch Github, Council of Ministers of September 30, 2020, Celebration of the International Day of Peace 2020, Femajeci strengthens the capacities of Association Leaders, Conference on Houphoutology 2020 Photos, Network of Foundations and Institutions for the Promotion of a Culture of Peace in Africa. Brings back so many memories of watching John Wayne movies together with my dad. If he cant hit the broad side of a barn with a sixgunwellthat shouldnt be too much of a problem: as Cole points out, you dont need to aim with a sawed-off shotgunyou just gotta point and shoot. Filmed at OLD TUCSON!! Well your father was a very good singer and that's a great song. A true film auteur in every sense of the word, Hawks was an amazingly adept filmmaker who, along with John Ford and Sergio Leone (go ahead and shoot me but Ill be damned if Leone isnt at least as responsible for the modern Western as his American counterparts) was pretty much responsible for the entire worlds view of the American West during the Golden Age of cinema. Ed Asner does villainy up right with the merciless Bart Jason but Christopher George is a revelation as Nelse McLeod, the second-best gunfighter in the area (after Cole Thornton, of course). Beginning of dialog It's where your interests connect you with your people. And I used this song in my eulogy for my grandma who died June 14th 2019, John Wayne forever shaped my life. body.responsive #page-wrapper { For more about Classics Rock! Explore our website to learn more about what makes us unique. I love the song and now Im practicing the guitar cords. Never mind that the song is absolutely brilliant, perhaps the best Western theme song ever: when combined when the paintings, the tune manages to not only tell a story (in some ways, the whole of the film is in there, writ small) but to flood the viewer with the notion that what were about to see is just as much glorious make-believe as it is reference to a real era. One of John waynes best. line-height: 29px; your own Pins on Pinterest The Mellomen were a popular singing quartet active from the late 1940s through the mid-1970s. Thank you Duke, for bringing fathers and sons together. For one thing, Mitchum is miles above Dean Martin as far as acting goes: sorry, Dino, but thems the facts. Thanks for writing that out, I really appreciate it. Google Launches Stadia Gaming Platform. Edgar Allen Poe. George Alexander - El Dorado lyrics Caan is absolutely fantastic in El Dorado, striking a perfect synthesis of newbie jitters and ridiculously self-assured braggadocio. Day Speech from Henry V, originally posted 11/4/09. "Classics Rock! I also can listen to this song numerous times throughout the day. } Its a world empathy feeling song I love it !! Allso Tall in the saddle, Rooster Coburn, Train Robbers, War Wagon, Sons of Katie Elder, Cowboys, Chsum, Cahill US Marshall, The Shootist, Rio Lobo, Forth Apache, North to Alaska, Comancheros, Stagecoach. Go directly to shout page, Do you know any background info about this artist? REFRAIN: So ride, boldly ride, to the end of the rainbow Maybe: Lo! My grandpa introduced me to westerns when I was 11, BUT The first John Wayne Movie to hook me was El Dorado, I cherish this movie as the thing that shaped my old fashioned thinking. Listen to music from George Alexander & the Mellomen like El Dorado, El Dorado [El Dorado (1967)] & more. The Searchers (John Ford, 1956) The saga of a racist outsiders search for his kidnapped niece still astounds in its dark power, beauty and all round magnificence. !function(e,a,t){var n,r,o,i=a.createElement("canvas"),p=i.getContext&&i.getContext("2d");function s(e,t){var a=String.fromCharCode;p.clearRect(0,0,i.width,i.height),p.fillText(a.apply(this,e),0,0);e=i.toDataURL();return p.clearRect(0,0,i.width,i.height),p.fillText(a.apply(this,t),0,0),e===i.toDataURL()}function c(e){var t=a.createElement("script");t.src=e,t.defer=t.type="text/javascript",a.getElementsByTagName("head")[0].appendChild(t)}for(o=Array("flag","emoji"),t.supports={everything:!0,everythingExceptFlag:!0},r=0;r Alexander George 'giant' in international attaches dead . The one common thread that all of these films share is that I never get tired of them, regardless of how many times Ive seen them. Linda, Linda - Tema do filme ELDORADO COM O INESQUECVEL JOHN WAYNE. Add Genre Song Styles All Styles We currently don't have any styles associated with this song. width: 150px; Dear God how proud you must beI've loved this song like no other. 16 El Dorado (1966) - Soundtracks - IMDb; 17 EL DORADO Title Music from the film "El Dorado" (1966) - Lyrics; 18 El Dorado - George Alexander - Lyrics Translations; 19 El Dorado (Original Film Soundtrack) - Apple Music /*background-color: #9ac7ee;*/ Things arent looking too good for Cole, whos still experiencing pain and loss of feeling from the bullet which is still lodged near his spine. font-size: 16px; border-bottom: 10px solid #33ac08; george alexander and the mellomen - Flix Houphout-Boigny Foundation A new version of Last.fm is available, to keep everything running smoothly, please reload the site. Add a video, Do you know any background info about this track? Played on the saloon piano] Contribute to this page } Same as you, have watched westerns now for 65 years, and this rates #1 for me.

Alf Italia Furniture Office, Rust To Riches Amber Bug, Scfm To Cfm Converter, Articles G