for his many pets, including golden retrievers Brandy and Apollo, six birds (a. Harry Wayne Casey Net Worth 2023 - Age, Daughter, Accident According to our records, Harry Wayne Casey is possibly single. He has been called the "Founder of the Dance Revolution.". Buying the rights from Epic, Casey re-released "Give It Up" on his MECA label and it became a Top 20 pop hit in the U.S., peaking at number 18 in 1983. We won't post to any of your accounts without asking first. KC & The Sunshine Band became the first act to score four #1 pop singles in one 12-month period since the Beatles in 1964. Harry Wayne Casey, Soundtrack: Watchmen. KC has never moved farther than 10 miles away from his birthplace and the birthplace of his legendary music underlines the fact that he is proud that his "Sunshine Sound" has flourished continuously for over 37 years. Copyright2023 KC&the SunshineBand. People want to hear that.. According to reputable reports, Casey's net worth is reported to be as high as $15 million. Harry Wayne Casey Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty Images and the Sunshine Band. This Really Happened!! A number of major-selling hip-hop acts have used samples from TK releases as the basis for their recordings. So dreamy!! I always loved music and I was fortunate enough to grow up in a multi-ethnic area that exposed me to a lot of different cultures and musicfrom Pop to Reggae to Latin. The two formed a creative partnership. In 1973, Harry Wayne Casey founded the interracial R&B group KC and the Sunshine Band. Organise, control, distribute, and measure all of your digital content. Casey's parents nurtured his interest by having him take piano lessons. By clicking Sign Up, you agree to our Terms and Conditions and that you have read our Privacy Policy. Collect, curate and comment on your files. Best known for turning records into gold, turns out Harry Wayne "KC" Casey of the Sunshine Band has quite the green thumb. He is a musician best known in the world as the founder of the band KC and the Sunshine Band, with whom he released a number of studio albums, but he has had a successful career as a solo artist, creating hit songs like ThatsTheWay (I Like It), (Shake, Shake, Shake) Shake Your Booty and Give It Up, among others, all of which increased Harrys net worth and popularity. The bands string of hit singles continued with BOOGIE SHOES, which was included on the SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER soundtrack, PLEASE DONT GO, and YES, IM READY, a duet with high school friend Teri DeSario. Dont feel bad if you dont recognize that name. Their second album, KC & THE SUNSHINE BAND, was released in 1975, went triple platinum and contained the #1 hits GET DOWN TONIGHT, THATS THE WAY (I LIKE IT), BOOGIE SHOES and ROCK YOUR BABY. Showing Editorial results for harry wayne casey. KC says that the biggest challenge in his garden is knowing what to plant where. According to numerology, Harry Wayne Casey's Life Path Number is 3. KC and the Sunshine Band have been entertaining audiences around the world for over 37 years, and have sold in excess of 100 million records and "That's The Way They Like It" uh-huh uh-huh! The law was meant to address authors' unequal bargaining power with larger copyright owners. 2023 www.tallahassee.com. Tour KC and the Sunshine Band Disco Frontman's Miami Garden - HGTV The two cut numerous demos on themselves, just jamming. KC's tropical Miami oasis was designed specifically for the pop star where he has hosted many parties, birthdays and Christmas gatherings. The record companies glommed on to disco, making the music tinny, formulaic, or syrupy, or all three. Harry Wayne "KC" Casey admits that in the past he used to get down in the dirt a lot more often than he currently does. While recording a demo on one of their unrecorded original songs, Casey and Finch decided that the song was in a key that was too high for Casey to sing. Harry Wayne Casey (born January 31, 1951), better known by his stage name K.C., is an American musician, singer, songwriter, and record producer. KC's home is located in Northern Miami and the property backs up to a canal that is home to ducks, geese, fish and even four-foot-long iguanas. Boards are the best place to save images and video clips. The industry leader for online information for tax, accounting and finance professionals. Disco magic: Harry Wayne ''KC'' Casey, the frontman and co-founder of KC and the Sunshine Band. Hey, we were teens. "We get a lot of rain so we have to be cognizant of what plants can take on a lot of water or plants will get a lot fungus on them from overwatering. "That led me to loving flowering plants," says KC who has several tropical fruit trees on his Miami estate. There would also be family singalongs on birthdays and holidays. KC kept the tunes streamlined and easy to identify, a lesson he learned after selling singles in a record shop as a teen. Harry Wayne Casey and KC and The Sunshine Band perform at the Waldorf Astoria hotel on March 10, 1998 in New York City. He is best known for his band, KC and the Sunshine Band, as a producer of several hits for other artists, and as a pioneer of the disco genre of the 1970s. KC even provides treats for the squirrels that inhabit his Miami garden. KC & The Sunshine Band continues to successfully flourish, having toured around the world for over 37 years. KC has a soft spot for the critters that visit his Miami garden. The Late Late Show with James Cor, Remember when #JerrySpringer fought the KKK? Harry Wayne Casey - Bio, Age, net worth, siblings, Wiki, Facts and KCs third album, PART 3, released in 1976, also went triple platinum and contained the #1 singles IM YOUR BOOGIE MAN, SHAKE YOUR BOOTY and KEEP IT COMIN LOVE. Reuters, the news and media division of Thomson Reuters, is the worlds largest multimedia news provider, reaching billions of people worldwide every day. Originally the B-side of "I Betcha Didn't Know That," a cover of the 1975 Frederick Knight hit, which peaked at number 25 R&B, "Please Don't Go" slowly made its way to number one pop in January 1980. Harry Wayne Casey - Celebrity Age Wiki His interest increased as he grew older, and his parents signed up for piano lessons. After loading up our soggy gear, we found out about the KC appearance down in Atlanta while drying out in a motel room in the tourist trap of Gatlinburg, Tennessee. Streamline your workflow with our best-in-class digital asset management system. Who is harry Wayne caseys daughter? - Answers Instead, he went to work in a drug store, and later in a record store, where he met and made friends with employees of Tone Distributors and its subsidiary label, TK Records. For close to thirty years KC has hosted pool parties at his Miami retreat. For Finch: Evan Cohen of Cohen Music Law and Bridget Hirsch of Byrnes Hirsch, Warner Music sued by Jesus and Mary Chain over copyrights, Marvel sues comic book artists over rights to Iron Man, Spider-Man, others, Disney, 'Predator' writers file suits over copyright termination. When was Harry Wayne Casey born? "A lot of people get frustrated and say that they don't have a green thumb," says KC. The music that got people out of their seats and onto the dance floor originated with humble beginnings in Hialeah, Florida. Connect any celebrity with Harry Wayne Casey to see how closely they are linked romantically! Let's "rewind" back to 1973. Casey, Grammy Award for Album of the Year, Grammy Award for Best R&B Song, Thats The Way I Like It, Get Down Tonight, Give It Up, TV Series documentary writer 2 episodes, Video Game writer: Gin and Juice as Harry K.C. Casey / writer: I Get Lifted, writer: Please Dont Go as Harry Casey, writer: Rock Your Baby, Shotgun Shuffle, Documentary writer: Im Your Boogie Man, Shake, Shake, Shake Shake Your Booty, Boogie Shoes, TV Movie documentary writer: Get Down Tonight as Harry Wayne KC Casey / writer: Rock Your Baby, TV Movie documentary writer: Rock Your Baby, Video Game writer: Connected as Harry Casey, Documentary writer: IM YOUR BOOGIE MAN as Harry Casey, writer: Thats the Way I Like It as Harry Casey, writer: Shake, Shake, Shake Shake Your Booty, writer: MISSISSIPPI CHA CHA SLIDE A/K/A STOMP as Harry Casey, TV Movie writer: Thats the Way I Like It uncredited, Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian, Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol Encore 2, TV Mini-Series documentary writer 1 episode, writer: Connected 1992 as Harry Casey, TV Series writer: Get Down Tonight uncredited, TV Series producer 1 episode, 2007 writer 1 episode, 2007, writer: Shake, Shake, Shake Shake Your Booty, Desperate Housewives Special: All the Juicy Details, TV Movie writer: Boggie Shoes uncredited, Saturday Night Live: The Best of David Spade, TV Special writer: Thats the Way I Like It, writer: Shake Shake Shake Shake your booty, Please Dont Go, writer: Rock Your Baby 1974 as H. Casey, writer: Keep It Comin Love 1976 as Harry Casey, Video Game writer: Thats The Way I Like It, Documentary writer: Keep It Coming Love, Saturday Night Live: The Best of Cheri Oteri, TV Special documentary writer: Thats the Way I Like It uncredited, writer: Shake It Like A White Girl as Harry Casey, Documentary writer: Take It To Da House as Harry Casey, TV Special writer: Shake, Shake, Shake Shake Your Booty, Get Down Tonight, writer: Hey Goldmember, Thats The Way I Like It, writer: Take it to Da House as H. Casey, TV Series lyrics 2 episodes, 1998 2000 music 2 episodes, 1998 2000, writer: I Wanna Rock as Harry W. Casey, writer: Im Your Boogie Man as Harry Wayne K.C. Casey, writer: Rock Your Baby as Harry W. Casey, writer: Boogie Shoes, Rock Your Baby as Harry W. Casey, writer: Thats the Way I Like It as Harry W. Casey, TV Series lyrics 1 episode, 1999 music 1 episode, 1999, writer: Get Down Tonight as Harry W. Casey, writer: Shake Shake Shake Shake Your Booty as H.W. Casey began hanging around Tone/TK for hours every day after work. They were listed on the all-instrumental album Peveryday The Sound of Sunshine. Outside KC's kitchen window is a planter filled with his prized orchids. See here for a complete list of exchanges and delays. The most comprehensive solution to manage all your complex and ever-expanding tax and compliance needs. Released in early summer 1974, "Rock Your Baby" rolled quickly up the charts holding the number one spot on both the R&B and pop charts for two weeks during July 1974. Just watch him speak in these videos. Musician, Record producer, Singer, Songwriter, Harry Wayne K.C. Casey, KC, K.C., Harry Wayne K.C. Casey, Harry Casey, K.C. When he was 17, he borrowed money (500 dollars) from friends to make a vanity record (a recording made by a firm that advertises "we'll put your words to music!" His mother (whose record collection included R&B and listed releases by Nat "King" Cole, Jerry Butler, and the Flamingos) and sisters sang on local commercials. "It fell after Hurricane Wilma so my gardener made this so it would have a forever home.". The "birth" of KC and the Sunshine band was about to happen and nobody knew that its birth would not only bring the world legendary music, but influence a whole generation. One thing hasn't changed, though. Yet, Florida native KC deserves to be remembered as more than a nostalgia act from a bygone period. Besides his active career as a band member, he also wrote and recorded songs for other musicians, including TeriDeSarioand George McCrae. Copyright 2023 PerezHilton.com | All Rights Reserved, Usher - With Zendaya And Tom Holland! [1] [2] [3] Career [ edit] My mother and her sisters used to do local radio commercials. While packing records in 1972, Casey met bassist and part-time recording engineer Richard Finch. In 1976, the band won five Grammys and the reissued "Queen of Clubs" became a U.S. hit in March. Why isn't Harry Wayne Casey (KC) in the Florida Artist Hall of Fame? The serious allegations confronting Mr. Finch have nothing to do with me nor with KC & The Sunshine Band. Those legal issues associated with this case will be dealt with via the judicial system of the state of Ohio. Our hearts go out to the alleged victims and their families. While at a wedding reception for TK songwriter/producer Clarence Reid in January 1973, Casey first heard junkanoo, the highly festive, rhythmic-layered, horn-punctuated musical genre that originated in the Bahamas. Whose music has been featured on more than 200 motion picture film soundtracks? He also received Grammy Awards for Album of the Year, as well as Producer of the Year in 1978 for his work on the SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER soundtrack. KC and The Sunshine Band's Harry Wayne Casey's Struggle - Video - Oprah.com My Children's VERY HONEST Review Of David Blaine's New Residency At Resorts World In Las Vegas! So unbelievably horrible. Stone let the young men work and experiment in TK's recording studio when it wasn't in use and during after-midnight hours. After graduating from high school, Casey attended Miami-Dade Junior College while working part time at a drugstore. We laced up our boogie shoes and headed south. Hes currently being held in custody on $250,000 bail. Harry's paternal grandmother was Katie Ellen Cox (the daughter of Andrew W. Cox and Sarah Jane Adams). It's almost like putting a puzzle together," says KC. He was one the architects who created a wave of new music and then made that joyful sound a great commercial success. Then on January 15, 1982, Casey was just seven blocks from his house when he was involved in a head-on auto crash which left him wheelchair bound for almost a year. Years later, when I became an entertainment writer for this newspaper, I interviewed KC over the phone. As a youngster, one of Casey's strongest influences was the organ music he heard when his family attended church. Stone and TK A&R man Steve Alaimo suggested that they give the song to singer George McCrae. According to the Orlando Sun-Sentinel, Casey was involved in a serious car accident not far from his home in Hialeah, Florida in 1982. It included the hit singles "I Like to Do It" (number four R&B) and "I'm Your Boogie Man" (number one pop and number three R&B hit). Rock Your Baby is usually thought of as one of numbers that kicked off the disco revolution. He worked in the warehouse of TK Records in Hialeah, Florida. Around every twist and turn and down every path is something new and exotic to see. And what an arrival! KC & The Sunshine Band were awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Recording at 7080 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California. There were probably 15 people onstage backup singers, a horn section, a conga player, KC center on keyboards but it looked more like 115. He worked at a local record store, opened boxes at Tone Record Distributors and hung around a local recording studio just hoping that somebody would give him a chance to fulfill his biggest dreamto record a record. "It's not that they don't have a green thumb, it just takes a lot of time and effort to figure out the fine balance of what your plants need." Harry Wayne Casey was born on January 31, 1951 in Hialeah, Florida, USA. Search instead in. "Sometimes he will surprise me with new perennials that we hadn't discussed. In 2001, KC was honored with the NARAS Governors Award, the highest honor given by a chapter of the Academy. Lear, Uhhh *bombastic side eye* Details on this. The price of a gallon of gasoline was 40 cents a gallon. By the way: Mayday Parade frontman talks new album, life in Tallahassee, Things to do in Tallahassee:Rock into February with British blues, Broadway tunes, Concert:Darius Baker stokes love of music with Tallahassee Nights Live's 'Lover's Lounge'. Harry Wayne Casey - Wikipedia They are beautiful but they shed really bad and they just spread," KC laments. Producer, singer-songwriter, and founding member of KC and the Sunshine Band, the group known for hits like "That's the Way (I Like It)." The 72-year-old pop singer was born in Opa-locka, Florida, USA.

Cajun Last Names Starting With S, Spirit Airlines Food Menu 2021, Kathy Putnam Obituary, Articles H