21 Great Ways to Wish Someone for the Upcoming Weekend - Linguablog 5 Ways to Write "I Hope You Are Doing Well" in Email - Grammarly Regardless of how much or how little you choose to disclose to them, your reply should be friendly and upbeat. In many business communications, addressing someone by their first name is usually appropriate, but if they work for a more formal company you may want to go with their first and last name or a Mr. or Ms. (not Miss or Mrs!) Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. ", The expression Have a great long weekend is a bit more nuanced. I hope you had a good one as well. Even if the recipient seems unlikely to remember, the fact that you. Dont promise to keep it brief and then go on for paragraph after paragraph. I learned last week that Awesome Startup got VC funding. How Do You Respond to "Hope You Had a Good Weekend"? You too. Carbohydrates: Carbohydrates are the primary source of energy for the body. Like ahead, we may also want to include the phrase to come after weekend in this expression. This site uses affiliate marketing to help pay for the site. To help forge a stronger relationship with someone, ask what they did over the weekend too. } This should help convey the writers heartfelt response. How about referring to this example to help you: Hey Freddy,I hope you did too. Its especially effective when talking to your boss. (Notice that 'thanks' is often included in the response.) You are in control over the progression of the conversation and where you want it to go. It shows that someone is back to work after a busy weekend. Hope you're enjoying your holiday. This expression becomes suitable when the weeks schedule has been tighter than usual, yet you still managed to accomplish your tasks. Your weekend must have been fun, right? is an interesting alternative to hope you had a great weekend. You should use it when you know someone got up to something interesting and fun over the weekend. Going to Santorini, Greece is the best Ive ever had. I'm glad we had a chance to chat at the convention. ] Hope you made the most of your weekend is a positive synonym for hope you had a great weekend. It certainly shows that youre interested in someone enjoying their time outside of work. Our goal is to create English lessons that are easy to understand for everyone. Both get the message across. You can leave it there or start a conversation by asking the other person how their weekend went. Did you get up to anything over the weekend. "@type": "Question", I hope you are well. "@type": "Answer", At times, we might be tempted to use the word upcoming before weekend. However, this word is also disposable and better left out just like ahead and to come earlier. The email app Boomerang conducted a data study and found that emails between seventy-five and one hundred words in length had the best response rates. If you also feel like making your expression a bit more idiomatic, feel free to use I hope you make the most out of your weekend.. Perhaps you didn't do much at the weekend, in which case, you can say: It was nice, thanks. I hope this email finds you well. your text, so your work is extra polished wherever you write. It is also an expression of optimism and happiness that the recipient wants to wish for the person receiving it. Also, here is an example to show you how it looks: Dear Stan,Your weekend must have been fun, right? We all love weekends because we dont have to set our alarm for the next day when they come. I saw a lot of the pictures the other day! Reciprocating the wish for a good weekend back to them is a good way to respond. Therefore, context will be king. You should use the same goes for you if you want a more friendly response. "I did; thank you" is a great example of how to reply to "hope you had a great weekend." It's simple yet effective. Don't blame the professor for ignoring you or forgetting to respond - the professor might have had more pressing and urgent matters to take care of, or your email might . But Ive learned that landing on that perfect email opening that seamlessly segues into the rest of my note is an art form in and of itself. They are essential for maintaining proper brain and nerve function, as well as providing fuel for physical activity. How was yours? It was great, thank you and I hope it was the same for you. The weather was great and we were able to gather outdoors. It was great but exhausting, how was your weekend? Not so bad, Ive had nicer weekends anyway, how was your weekend? It was really amazing, I got to visit many interesting places.if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'copy_paste_emails_com-box-4','ezslot_7',128,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-copy_paste_emails_com-box-4-0'); This is the so-called ellipsis omission from writing a word. Reply to each question or concern ; I hope you had some time to enjoy yourself. last week! You dont have to stalk someone on social media, but doing a little research can go a long way. It is Monday, once again, and you are about to write hope you had a great weekend. However, its starting to get quite repetitive to use this phrase over and over again each Monday. I will need them for the meeting I have on Tuesday.Thank you in advance!Regards,Sophia. Thats why it works best when you know someone has a lot of work to get through. 1. But, this word is better omitted because its meaning is already implied through context. Consider including a phrase, such as I hope you're well or It was nice to hear from you. Some examples from the web: I hope you had a great weekend; I hope you had a nice night. You may want to check out the following example: Dear Timothy,I hope you are back in the flow now that your weekend is over. It shows you are professional and care about their weekend plans. Its not often that we get to spend a full weekend away from the office.All the best,Adam. I hope you had a great weekend! Thank you for informing us about the schedule change in advance. There may be a hook there.) Your enthusiasm and positive energy made the trip even more enjoyable. The consent submitted will only be used for data processing originating from this website. After all, it shows you are interested in their life outside of work, and you want to hear what they get up to. Sometimes, we would also feel like wanting to use more formal weekend wishes within professional settings. Thanks for your patience. X or Professor Y unless they tell you otherwise. Check out these examples to see when it might come up: Hey, Greg! If you dont hook your reader right away, they might not get to the middle or the end of your message. 10 Other Ways to Say Have a Great Weekend, 10 Other Ways to Say Have a Great Rest of Your Day, 15 Other Ways to Say I Hope You Understand, 10 Other Ways to Say I Hope This Email Finds You Well, 9 Words for Someone Who Doesnt Care About Others Feelings, 10 Words for Saying One Thing and Doing Another. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. response: Hi Class, I hope you all had a great weekend. ; I hope you had a good Christmas vacation. Also, here is an example to show you how it works: Dear Rebekah,I appreciate your kind words. Though have you thought about any of the plans for the new project?Kind regards,Summer. Sometimes you might be genuinely interested because, for example, you were discussing what you were going to do over the weekend, other times it could simply be a friendly greeting. Keep it simple with this straightforward opening line. I had a wonderful weekend, and I hope you did too., My weekend was fantastic, thank you for asking. (This is just one variation, there are many ways of replying-it's just a question of opinion and style, which makes this question, regrettably, off-topic. If youre writing a high-stakes email that needs to get results, it never hurts to do your homework. Here is an example to show you how it might look: Dear Pablo,I hope you had the best time away. Include a sentence or two at the opening of your email to show youre familiar with the recipients work, like this: I read your article about [topic] in [outlet] last week. You can choose to only do that or to also talk about your weekend. This week has been really productive. How To Respond to an Email | Indeed.com The consent submitted will only be used for data processing originating from this website. "Hope you had a good weekend!" If you are sending a work colleague a business email at the start of the workweek, you use this phrase. My weekend was great. Dont promise to keep it brief and then go on for paragraph after paragraph. Its me, Marcel. I hope you enjoyed your weekend I hope you're doing well I hope you're having a great week I hope you're having a wonderful day It's great to hear from you I'm eager to get your advice on I'm reaching out about Thank you for your help Thank you for the update Thanks for getting in touch Thanks for the quick response You can say something like "I hope you had a great weekend!" Adding this simple sentence can make a huge difference in the response you get. Who doesnt like weekends? 10 Tongue Twisters to Improve Pronunciation, A Guide to Greeting Words and Phrases, With Examples. For that, I am canceling our 5 pm weekly meeting today. First, dont use a personalized opener unless it actually relates to the topic youre writing about. I managed to relax and recharge. He has six years of experience in professional communication with clients, executives, and colleagues. Thank you, I had a nice weekend is a good answer to the question Hope You Had a Good Weekend with which you are always right. This shows that the weekend either just finished or is still happening. And this could be the reason you are enjoying a long weekend. I hope this email finds you well. Perhaps youd benefit from using it when emailing an employee. However, this does not mean that one cannot do so. Are you having a good start to the week? is a great question to ask in a professional email. Email Etiquettes: How to Email Your Professors or Boss Without Annoying Whether we like it or not, wishing someone a great, happy, good, or nice weekend has already become part of our routine for the most part. This act is important because it strengthens working relationships. He has six years of experience in professional communication with clients, executives, and colleagues. Example: How to use I hope you enjoyed your time away! in an email. Although the response rate diminished slowly after that, talk to any busy person and theyll tell you they prefer. Yes, its totally fine. Have a wonderful weekend! You may use Have a good weekend! when parting ways with a friend or any intimate to make them feel good about their short vacation. Regardless of how much or how little you choose to disclose to them, your reply should be friendly and upbeat. Heres a tip: Want to make sure your writing shines? Another possible way of expressing goodwill to your colleagues and business associates is Please enjoy your weekend.. If you want to ensure you get the difference correct, you can always bookmark this page! Yes, thank you Bill, it was great.if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'oneminuteenglish_org-medrectangle-4','ezslot_4',153,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-oneminuteenglish_org-medrectangle-4-0');if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'oneminuteenglish_org-medrectangle-4','ezslot_5',153,'0','1'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-oneminuteenglish_org-medrectangle-4-0_1');.medrectangle-4-multi-153{border:none!important;display:block!important;float:none!important;line-height:0;margin-bottom:7px!important;margin-left:auto!important;margin-right:auto!important;margin-top:7px!important;max-width:100%!important;min-height:250px;padding:0;text-align:center!important}. You can use hope you had a great weekend when emailing coworkers on Monday. This should cheer your workmates up. I hope you had a great weekend vs I hope you have a great weekend You can reply with any of the following alternatives:if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[728,90],'grammarhow_com-box-3','ezslot_7',105,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-grammarhow_com-box-3-0'); Keep reading to learn more about the best responses to hope you had a great weekend. Then, you can ensure you remain polite and friendly when replying to an email. I hope you have n't been watching me. Now that I have these lists pulled together, you can bet Ill be using them as inspiration for all of my emailsand I think you should too. Once again, this approach works best if your previous meeting is relevant to the topic at hand. So, how was your weekend? I hope you had an enjoyable weekend in the countryside. Instead, get to the point and focus on . It was lovely meeting you yesterday! How was your weekend, though? I smile as I write (seriously, its a little creepy) and write as though Im having a face-to-face conversation with them. With that said, I really hope you have a great weekend ahead! I hope you have a great weekend is great for well-wishing through emails. Lets plan more adventures like this very soon, shall we? I hope you had a great holiday!" "It was very pleasant, thanks for asking." Thank You. You do not have to say too much when replying to a kind phrase like hope you had a great weekend. A simple message response like thanks for saying that is more than enough. I hope youre keeping cool during the heat wave. Technically "Bye. Thats completely fine as well. Although you are directing your message to multiple people at once, you still have to use the singular form weekend because the same weekend applies to everyone. Im sure its thrilling to have the product of your creative labors out in the world. If you think Cpt_Greybeard69 doesn't have a gut or is fit/toned/young, DOWNVOTE This comment! Tucker Carlson and his producer out at Fox News, 1 week after Dominion Its great to include when emailing employees. Generally, it was okay is a non-committal phrase. The main point being here is simply that it needs to be an extended weekend. Hi there! 10 Other Ways to Say "Hope You Had A Great Weekend" 3. Im reaching out to touch base about the schedule for the GenCo project. Generally, this phrase works best when emailing employees. Do you find yourself as stumped as I do? People say if wishes were fishes wed all swim in riches all the time. If you want to suggest the meaning epic or remarkable, you may also use Have an awesome weekend!. More so, knowing how to appropriately respond to these goodwill wishes maintains our relationship with people. Master 101 frequent business situations with our eBook! Whenever you hear someone say hope you had a good one, your basic reply will be to say something like, yes, thank you. However, context and intention will dictate your reply. How did you get on with your time outside of work, though? There aren't many updates this week outside of what's been shared before. Its a good way to show respect with a simple phrase in a business email. But, when you know someones being disrespectful, dont reply at all. If you think Cpt_Greybeard69 is an older guy or has a gut UPVOTE this comment! "name": "Do you say “happy weekend” or “happy weekends”? If youve met the recipient before, it never hurts to say so. Its the email equivalent of small talk and is especially common when making an introduction over email. Given how hectic work has been this week, I am really happy about what we have accomplished. If this post breaks our rules, DOWNVOTE this comment and REPORT the post! I realized two very important (and slightly embarrassing) things. Some of the very best work anniversary wishes are those containing genuine gratitude messages. I had a great time catching up with you at the party. Its important to keep in mind that not all of these opening lines will be appropriate for every email you send. With this expression, you can convey more excitement towards the other person. While your initial reply may be to complain about your weekend, try to avoid doing so. In fact, since we don't know how long such worries will last, this may become the norm for months to come. Write with Grammarly. Learn more about us here. What company benefits are most important to you? We hope everyone is staying safe while enjoying the rain We've had." Studio X on Instagram: "Happy Weekend everyone! Meanwhile, writing a thank you reply for anniversary wishes also entails both warmth and politeness. "@type": "FAQPage", Meanwhile, Have a happy weekend! is simply a more complete version of Happy weekend which was introduced early on. You wont regret it if you include it in your email. What about you? I managed to both rest and get very tired, but overall it was a great weekend. It was a very fun weekend, I hope your weekend was fun too. I was able to fully rest. I say "thank you for your time (today/last week/on Monday)" if I have spent time with the person before writing the email. There is no need to pluralize weekend for the sake of making it apply to each person involved. Its also a great way to remain polite in a business email. Every. I hope you enjoyed your time away over the weekend! Choosing the right words shouldn't be your limitation! There are a couple of caveats here. Ive put together some tips for starting your email and rounded up lists of greetings and opening lines you can use to kick start your message. Could you please send me the files for the Doherty case as soon as possible? You can also refer to the following examples to help you: Dear Pietro,How was your weekend? Manage Settings As an example, you can use Have a great weekend! when we are about to part ways with a friend who helped us do some task. On the other hand, you can simply use this expression to wish someone a nice weekend without knowing what exactly they have in store for the weekend. You can also ask did you get up to anything over the weekend? when you want to find out about someones weekend plans. Read more about Martin here. "@type": "Question", You can also reply with I appreciate your message. Professional email writing tip: Avoid niceties like, "I hope you had a great weekend" (yes, I'm guilty of using this one). The usual reply would be something like, "Oh yes, I had a great time!" But for your question, you want to know whether to say "it" or "that". I hope you have plenty of wine, Maria. We get better sleep on weekends because we know that we are free to do pointless things at our own pace. If you happen to have just had a weekend full of sunny weather, this opening line for an email is ideal. Martin has been featured as an expert in communication and teaching on Forbes and Shopify. We recommend trying it in place of hope you had a great weekend in formal emails, too, if youre willing to learn about someones time away from work. I just wanted to say that you have been an amazing speaker today. Cowboys Miss On Kicker; Sign Gould? Jerry Reveals Plan So, here are some great formal ways to wish someone for an upcoming weekend in business correspondence. Hi everyone, Hope you all enjoyed some nice time off with your family and some good food over the weekend. 5. Of course, Ill get to work on the project immediately.All the best,Sharon. So, here are thirteen common ways to wish someone for an upcoming weekend, together with context and examples for better understanding. The possibilities are near endless but there are situations where it would be awkward. Hey, its Friday! Is it vacation time yet? Did you have a nice weekend? (Chatting about the weekend) Then, when we open our email inbox on Monday morning, we have to chase up the things we didnt have time finish up before the weekend. Finally, here is an example to show you how it works: Dear Taylor,It was okay. In this case, Have a good one! is a great expression to use if you have already made some reference to the word weekend beforehand. Its a great way to find out what someone got up to over the weekend. You should certainly use and you when emailing an employee. You may not have the time for more than that in passing. Do not use this phrase if you dont know what someone did. If you would like to change your settings or withdraw consent at any time, the link to do so is in our privacy policy accessible from our home page.. Youve had is the present perfect tense. Anna: You're welcome. Why Your Business English Emails Aren't Working There are always at least one or two things we dont get around to doing before leaving work at the end of the week. Youll have to tell me about it over lunch sometime. I had a great weekend, and I hope you did, too. Its a polite and friendly way to make conversation via email. Let me know your thoughts about a May deadline when you get the chance. Im just reaching out to ask whether you have had a chance to look over those files I sent you last Wednesday. I hope you have had a great weekend 597,000,000 results on the web Some examples from the web: I hope you have had a great weekend I hope you have not many sins left to be forgiven. (A rather conservative estimate, at that.) Whats more, the question even works well in formal writing too. I hope you had a great trip. Also, it's often better not to go straight into the specific topic. So, you want to know how to respond to hope you had a great weekend. Well, its good to remain polite in an email reply, so youve come to the right place. When shes not writing, she can be found wandering through nature or journaling at a coffee shop. Example: How to use I hope you had a relaxing weekend in an email. Wishing you a great weekend is a great choice when your relationship with your email recipient is strong enough. 7. You can check out the following example to help you: Dear Russell,I hope this email finds you well. Well also help you understand whether its correct to write hope you had a great weekend. You can read through the final section if you want to learn about that. If a colleague of yours went away on a trip over the weekend, you can start your next email to them in the new week with this line. It would be awkward to congratulate someone on the publication of their recent novel if you were writing to offer them a deal on life insurance. 10 Other Ways to Say "Hope You Had a Great Weekend" I hope you had a good weekend. We mainly use happy weekend among close friends and large audiences. Lynda told me about your plans to go fishing over the weekend. You dont usually start a conversationespecially with someone you dont know or dont speak with oftenby just saying their name and launching into a story about how you need their help, so you generally shouldnt do this in an email. . Thank you for the files, and thank you for the work you have done this week. I hope this email finds you well is a professional way to find out about someones weekend. Continue with Recommended Cookies. You can share as little or as much about the details as you like. "It" is more usual, and "that" is more emphatic. ", [Survey] Is It Rude to Say Please and Thank You at the Same Time. Introduce yourself. "acceptedAnswer": { 1. You can never go wrong with this expression because people use this all the time. Martin holds a Masters degree in Finance and International Business. Show that you value the recipients time by getting down to business right from the start. } There is so much to do but the details will all be worth it when the big day arrives., I got to go to a concert I had tickets to for a long time. Many Happy Weekend phrases such as Have a nice weekend Enjoy your weekend or Have a lovely weekend can be addressed to one person as well as to several people at the same time, even if this is not explicitly verbalized in these expressions.

When A Stepmother Is Overstepping Her Boundaries, Silo Ridge Golf Membership Cost, Msc Virtuosa Cabins To Avoid, Enchanted Tablet Of Cupidity, Articles I