As of OBS Studio 23.0, if you use Twitch or Mixer, you can even connect your account to get access to chat and stream information right in within OBS! Next, youll be asked what base resolution you want to use, and the framerate youd like to target. The HIGHEST POSSIBLE QUALITY you can Record in OBS Studio - YouTube Setting Up Recording in OBS Studio With selecting our server and bit rate out of the way, we can finish up with your best OBS Studio settings. How to check whats happening to the encode. I believe the original issue title was more correct. In the last two GPU generations we have made great improvements to NVENC, helping deliver best-in-class output quality. NVENC in the GTX 10-series GPUs provides superior quality than x264 Very Fast, the most commonly used x264 preset. Below are listed more details onto which one suits you. Depending on the build-in graphics card of your PC, you can see either NVIDIA, AMD, or else H.264 for encoding. Youll want to test and adjust these settings by proceeding with a local recording to verify youre happy with the results. The most likely issue is trying to push too much quality with not enough bitrate. Dont forget to change this back to your original setting if you record in higher qualities than your streams. Again, to figure out the most optimal settings that fit your devices and specifications, you should run several tests to check out the outcome. There are two output options i.e. The rest of the settings in the Advanced Output Mode should be good to go as is. Lets move on to the recording format. To find out which is storage efficient, I did a test. If you want to stream with HEVC, you will also have to adjust your Stream settings. Shipping: P.O. In the Recording section of Settings > Output, if you set the Recording Quality to Same as stream, you can record a video with the exact same quality as your stream, giving you the chance to make changes without needing to go live. To sum up, a working Output setting for recording would be H.264 for the encoder, mp4 for recording format, CBR for rate control, 4000 Kbps for bitrate, 2 for keyframe interval, and high for the profile. 777 Hornby St, Suite 600, Vancouver, BC Canada V6Z1S4, @ 2023 Castr Live Streaming, Inc. All rights reserved, streaming and recording highly powerful and easy-to-use videos, Castrs comprehensive livestreaming features, RTSP: The Real-Time Streaming Protocol Explained, SRTSP: An Extension of RTSP Revolutionizing Secure Video Streaming. In the words of fellow support volunteer and OBS expert Matt, otherwise known as WizardCM, If there really were best settings, dont you think OBS would come with them? Matt is of course correct. If the ending isnt good, it might leave a bad impression on your viewer or when you project the video to a larger screen, it makes a lot of difference. Here are the, By Gerardo Delgado Cabrera on February 26, 2019 With a single-PC setup, 4:4:4 recording using CRF will be very . Any insight or suggestions towards this would be great. All of the quality presets will result in color information loss with the default NV12 Partial color space. HEVC is an improved codec that provides 15% better encoding efficiency than H.264 (i.e. This dropdown menu defines how you want the bitrate to be controlled. Indistinguishable and Lossless render different colors with - Github In bitrate, you should set the normal number to 40,000 and the Max Bitrate to 60,000. I have also considered simply deleting the original recording after the edited version has successfully exported. Double click it (or right click it and go to Properties), scroll down find the RGB10A2 Color Space. By clicking Sign up for GitHub, you agree to our terms of service and Every user might have searched for the best OBS settings for recording every now and then to make sure that his software generates top-notch quality recordings without taking a hit on performance. Recording Quality: Choosing the quality of the recording will determine how it will turn out, as well as the size of the recording. Your content should now be ready to be captured and/or streamed in HDR! It also has two different ways to reach each quality level: Constant Quantization Parameter (CQP) and Constant Rate Factor (CRF). My name is Jessica, known online as tielqt, and Im a support volunteer and moderator for the OBS Project, and I help out with all kinds of issues in the OBS Discord server. Again, the size of the final file can be extra-large while the recording is in the finest quality possible. High Quality, Medium File Size: Like its name, OBS will record your stream in high quality, with medium file size. Click the dropp-down and will give you other options, including the wonderfully dramatic Lossless Quality, Tremendously Large File Size. High Quality vs Indistinguishable for Recording Hi, I looked around and didn't find much except everyone recommends indistinguishable. After that, youll be given baseline settings based on your choices and hardware. Its wildly popular, so thank you very much for reading it. The objective of this guide is to help you understand how to use the NVIDIA encoder, NVENC, in OBS. Indistinguishable Quality, Large File Size: Compared to the previous options, this option creates a video with crystal clear and crisp quality recordings. If you reduce the resolution, you reduce the data being encoded, and the resulting viewer quality is higher. r/obs on Reddit: Has anyone noticed a difference in video quality While not always the best in quality, and often optimizing for a different type of quality than would be expected, they are decent options with a variety of choices. See the 101 of how to livestream and get OBS started the right way in this guide. I did a side by side comparison of several images of both High and Indistinguishable and found no differences. Visually Lossless (aka Indistinguishable) Edit: I recently switched from using Lightworks as my editing software to using DaVinci Resolve 16; Lightworks would not export in higher than 720p, and Resolve allows me to do 1080p. Make sure this is set to Rec. @kkartaltepe the issue is not merely colors, it is just the most outstandingly obvious aspect. Many also tell you to record to MP4 in spite of OBS displaying a big warning. 2100 (PQ). And lastly, if you need help with anything OBS Studio, you can visit obsproject.com/help to find the OBS wiki with a ton of guides and information, as well as the forums, Discord, and more. Thats why using NVENC allows you to play games at a higher framerate and avoid stuttering, giving you and your viewers a better experience. There are namely 4 different qualities which you can preset. We have also tweaked some of the background settings of NVENC to improve quality, especially for the RTX 20-Series GPUs. 1.5K 70K views 4 years ago OBS Studio has a "Simple Mode" for output settings with some very high quality presets that silly people like myself tend to ignore. If you think we can improve any part of this guide or find any issues or mistakes, please post below and we will be happy to update it. Take a sneak peek and see what you can do with Castr. If all you stream is a static image, the resulting file will be tiny compared to a full motion FPS game. NVIDIA Nvenc Obs Guide | GeForce News | NVIDIA Indistinguishable produces content that is immediately recognizable as not being the same as the source. These are our recommended settings for OBS Studio 23.0 and up. On the other hand, if you are using OBS for purely recording purposes, VBR is the go-to choice to have higher quality videos without sacrificing quality for livestreaming. This is also a valid option. EDIT 12/12/2020: Thanks for reading! To quickly explain what this does, everything you can do in OBS is going to be determined, and sometimes limited, by your hardware. The x264 encoder supports both 4:4:4 as well as 4:2:0, as long as the underlying hardware is fast enough to handle it. Stream to multiple platforms in real time. The Sample rate and Channels should be set to default values i.e. In advance, we will cover the encoding basics. This sounds like it might be a bit overkill to what you are doing, so if you are happy with the high quality, I would just use that. Unfortunately OBS Studio only offers the latter, so for now we are stuck with that. I'm playing an older game (Dead Space 1). To stream to YouTube with HEVC, navigate to the Stream tab and change the Service to YouTube - HLS. Once you are used to the software and how things elaborate, you might further modify these options so that your settings are best for your personal setup and streaming platform. The recording path is the path where your recording will get stored after it is encoded and all. For actual testing, get the latest ffmpeg binary and use the lossless recording as input file. Recordings and streams are very easy to test. Dont know where to find them? Improve the video and audio quality of your livestream through AI capabilities such as virtual background or webcam auto frame, and microphone noise removal. With OBS version 28, you can stream with HEVC to platforms that support it. First, the Simple Mode is where you set the format of the recording files, the location to store the files, and the recording quality. HDR content can look washed off in non-HDR displays, so you dont want to turn this on if your display does not support HDR, or if the platform you are streaming to does not support HDR. I recorded the Cyberpunk 2077 game at the same location on the medium settings. You can try checking both presets and see which one works for you without putting too much strain on the CPU. Well occasionally send you account related emails. If you plan to stream to Twitch, OBS contributor R1CH has developed TwitchTest, which will allow you to see how your network will perform under realistic streaming conditions. You can download Restoro by clicking the Download button below. To do that, double click on the source in OBS and under Resolution select Custom and specify a resolution equal or under 1080p. It is recommended that you go with the hardware encoder for most of the time. This option allows users to make use of their dedicated graphics cards and use their power to encode the video. EDIT 12/12/2020 Hey folks, just a couple notes on this article! OBS vs. ShadowPlay (2022) | The Best Gaming Program - MK's Guide One more thing to take note of is to enable the System Tray. His contributions to the tech field have been widely recognized and respected by his peers, and he is highly regarded for his ability to explain complex technical concepts in a clear and concise manner. Thus create smoother recording quality, improve streaming performance, and avoid the OBS Encoder Overloaded Error. The stats window will show missed frames. However, you can lower the output resolution in OBS to reduce the CPU usage while still having decent video quality. If you are going to stream high motion scenes (i.e. In most cases, these two resolutions are set to match each other. #1 Im trying to locally record Rainbow 6 Siege with indistinguishable quality with multiple audio tracks. We want to use around 75% of your upload speed, as the game and other programs such as Discord will also fight for bandwidth. Finally, navigate to your YouTube Live settings on YouTube.com, and make sure that your Latency setting is set to Low or Normal (do not use Ultra Low as it is not compatible). Into testing, of course! to your account, Operating system and version: Windows 7 x64 The text was updated successfully, but these errors were encountered: Good idea to include the log file from when the encoding was done so the devs have something to go on. High Quality vs Indistinguishable for Recording : r/obs - Reddit Cancel or change your plans anytime. It's very likely that you have already used this before and realized that your hardware might be completely outclassed by the processing requirements of it. Set the YUV Color Space to 709 and the YUV Color Range to Full. The above addresses the color differences, but not differences in text quality. Follow these steps to manually select your Encoder, and in turn, choose your Rate Control. These people have very different things they want to accomplish, and so theyre going to have very different settings that they use in OBS. Thanks to the OBS team for their great work! While both differ, Chrome differs slightly less.

Calhoun County Busted Mugshots, Why Have I Received A Cheque From Dvla, Articles O

obs indistinguishable quality vs lossless