Well, that was almost nineteen hundred years ago that He said, "Behold, I come quickly." From the manner in which resurrection is referred to in scripture, does not God leave room for this? They were bewildered and broken as they walked the 7 miles from Jerusalem to Emmaus. Christian, you are guaranteed that your name will not be erased from the Book if Life. It is a description, and not one of the visions that carry us onward. But now, when those symbols disappear, because of a new action of God (namely, the consummation of the church's joy), the elders and the living creatures disappear, and we have not the bride alone, but another class of saints, who at once come forward. (i) The dog was the symbol for everything that was savage and unclean. Here we learn at once of what His train consists. (o) Ganz. When at His final coming Christ will be seen by every eye--When He will bring human history to its end and climax--When Christ will triumph and "the kingdoms of this world will become the Kingdom of God and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever.". .The "I" is emphatic; it introduces the final warning; the revelation must not be tampered with. If it looks like the interpretation of passage is in conflict with another, it is always the person at fault not Scripture. He that adds to the word of God draws down upon himself all the plagues written in this book; and he who takes any thing away from it cuts himself off from all the promises and privileges of it. The Tree of Life is spoken of in Genesis (2 and 3), Proverb 3:18 and Revelation. You like to reap where you didn't sow and so forth. This is a warning about changing the words in the Book of Revelation in specific. Revelation 22:19. And on either side of the river was the tree of life, which produced twelve kinds of fruit, rendering its fruit according to each month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. In the final chapter, a command is given repeatedly to pay attention to this book of prophecy (which, by the way, refers specifically to the book of Revelation). "Shall we pray.Lord we thank you for Your grace and by grace we will be able to participate in the glorious inheritance of the saints in light. These Jews took the pure law of God, corrupted, perverted and enforced it, even to death (including Jesus), for their own gain, by adding unwritten traditions and believing their words to be more superior to the law. Tzemach David, par. . cum cdd. Thus everything implies their simultaneous presence for the same time and common action with the beast, in plundering and then destroying Babylon. Now with John, he said, "don't seal the book. is discussing believers who are trying to please God by adding the Law to their salvation. One of the most approved axioms is, that kingdoms are just like men in this respect, that they begin, rise, and fall. Is it more reasonable to believe in Creationism vs Evolution? I Jesus have sent my angel to testify unto you these things in the churches ( Revelation 22:15-16 ). What is there to hinder it? When any wrong is done, it will be dealt with. The teaching of the wise is a fountain of life ( Proverbs 13:14). But a voice issues from the throne, saying, "Praise our God, all ye his servants, and ye that fear him, both small and great. So, if you just read it and say "wow" and accept it as it is, not adding to it or taking away, you have no problem. And out of the holy city - Described in Revelation 21. So this Reuchlin. But no believer comes into judgment. Who enjoys watching God slaughter a third of humanity in one bloody fell swoop? that a name can be blotted out. Jesus is saying that in him is the fulfilment of this prophecy, that he is at one and the same time the eternal source of being from which David came and his promised descendant. The Ethiopic version connects the words with the holy city, only reading them, "which is written", &c. The Jews say of their Talmud, that nothing is to be added to it, or diminished from it (o). It kind of sounds like Revelation 22:19 is teaching that we can lose our salvation, doen't it? Sometimes they have contended for its application to pagan Rome. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! eternity. That is a reference to Isaiah 11:1: "There shall come forth a shoot from the stump of Jesse, and a branch shall grow out of his roots." THE ACCEPTED AND THE REJECTED ( Revelation 22:14-15 ). On that account it was altogether out of place to pay homage to him instead of to the God who had sent him to serve. However, Revelation is the last and final book no other inspired word was written after the Apostles died and since Revelation forms part of the Canon, the warning belongs to the whole Bible. Galatians 5:21 is particularly clear in this when Paul writes "those who practice It is entirely in His hand, and in none other's. And it's great what man has been able to do messing around with some of the genetic codes of some of the plants and trees.When I was a kid we lived off of North Broadway Street here in Santa Ana, and we had a tree that had both Navel and Valencia oranges growing on it, as well as grapefruits and lemons. Verse Revelation 22:19. Enter into the joy of the Lord." There was no doubt at all of the character of the emperor; there never had been a worse than he; yet God took that very opportunity to lay this on the Christians as their duty to the worldly authority outside and over them. We have here a note of time of signal value. There. They were caught in flagrant treason and rebellion: what further need of any process of judgment whatsoever? There is no doubt that Rome in some form is the woman described in the chapter: the seven heads or hills clearly point to that city, which of all cities might best and indeed alone be known as ruling over the kings of the earth. She followed and had inherited the spirit of all, from the days of Cain, who had lifted up their hands against their righteous brethren. These sayings are faithful and true See the preceding chapter, Revelation 21:5.From this verse to the end of the chapter is reckoned the epilogue of this book.. 1. Death and hades, which had so long been executioners in a world where sin reigned, and were still doing their occasional office where righteousness is to reign, themselves disappear where all traces of sin are consigned for ever. Again, that it supposes Rome after it had professed the name of Christ I think is not to be doubted, if only from the expression "mystery" attached to Babylon. If there was any Gentile power since John's day, which did not sustain but persecute and suppress Jerusalem, it was Rome, instead of being a gaudy harlot mounted on that vast empire. Taking away "his part" from the tree of life and the New Jerusalem does not mean he will lose his salvation either. We find similar warnings in the Bible in other places. Like most Bible passages, verses 18 and 19 join in a thought that runs not only throughout chapter 22, but the whole book of Revelation. And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years." 1. fol. In the early Greek manuscripts all the words are written in capital letters and there is no space left between them. The beast is the expression of the will of man setting itself up in direct antagonism to God. Those who live in a civilization in which the turn of a tap will bring cold, clear water in any quantity can scarcely understand how precious water was in the East. set by the father. "And he saith to me, The waters which thou sawest, where the harlot sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues." "Surely I come quickly." We may surely say her cup was not yet full. When the task was done "they bade them pronounce a curse in accordance with their custom upon any who should make any alteration either by adding anything or changing in any way whatever any of the words which had been written or making an omission" (Letter of Aristeas 310, 31 1). article entitled "Can You Lose Your The Letter of Aristeas tells how the Septuagint, the Greek version of the Hebrew Bible, was made by seventy Jewish scholars at the request of the King of Egypt. Some evade the difficulty by referring the desolation to the Gothic powers; and these Protestants, as if they were mere Praeterists! That kings had dallied with her, that the beast had once borne her up, will only turn to gall the more bitter to her, who, faithless to God, had staked the usurped and abused name of Christ to win what was now lost for ever. And so I do believe that the day of the Lord is at hand. That pagan Rome, therefore, should set itself against Christianity was to be expected, and so the fact proved. Here is the final culmination of the description of the city of God. The invitation is therefore directed at people who are not yet believers, and have to make a choice. If some few have joined on one side, some are sure to help the other, because they are jealous of any one acquiring such a preponderant authority: and power as to govern the rest. Jesus said, "I am the door to the sheepfold.". "And the nations shall walk in the light of it." from grace" (Gal. The woman was allowed to ride the beast to influence and govern the empire first, but at last to be the object of hatred to the ten horns and the beast, who expose, rob, and destroy her. But the day is coming when Satan will be allowed to have things his own way. You don't want to get into that. It will help to show us that, whatever may have been the past conditions of Babylon, there is a future one; and it is in that future one that Babylon is to perish. "And the beast that was, and is not, even he is an eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth unto destruction." "Those who have washed their robes" is the reading of the best manuscripts, but it is easy to see how a scribe could make a mistake in copying and substitute the more usual phrase. "Let him that heareth," then, be encouraged to "say, Come." Now for the context. So here a description is given of the bride, the Lamb's wife, and we learn how it is that God will use her for unmeasured goodness and blessing and glory in the millennium, as the devil during this age has used Babylon to accomplish his wicked plans here below. Is the King James Bible Only One That's "True"? Does Revelation 22:19 show us that a person can lose their Salvation as And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations unto it. Then, right after the invitation comes a dire warning: For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. So it is a Salvation issue to be sure. Thus eternal judgment was executed at once. So, when you pray don't go out on the street corner and do a big thing so that everyone goes by and says, "What is happening? Revelation 22:19 ESV / 2 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful. You must with the best authorities leave out this addition, if you would have the true force of the verse. there is a son in the family, who, instead of being admonished by his father's wickedness, takes license from it to indulge the same. "If you could lose your salvation, you would." - Dr John MacArthur "If a person professes faith in Christ and yet falls away or makes no progress in godliness, it does not mean that he has lost his salvation. We must perforce therefore look for a still more complete development before the Lamb judges the beast after the ten horns along with it shall have destroyed Babylon. "And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is near." Paul clearly outlines the action and purpose, none linked to salvation. It is hard to see how Roman city, or anything civil connected with it, could be called "mystery." The warning therefore relates to those that hear and understand the prophecy then deliberately pervert and corrupt it: it is applicable to the Last or End Days, therefore, to the people who are in the tribulation, but has a broader application, to the whole of Scripture and therefore to unbelievers. I am the, Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. some texts aren't so clear cut. Read full chapter Revelation 22:19 in all English translations Revelation 21 King James Version (KJV) He is coming, and coming soon for us. It is interesting.God is going to have a tree that has twelve different kinds of fruit and every month a fruit will be ripe. The reason is given at the close; not only "by thy sorcery were all the nations deceived," but above all "in her was found [the] blood of prophets and saints, and of all the slain upon the earth.". The living creatures are, from Revelation 5:1-14 coupled with the elders, as we find them in the beginning of Revelation 19:1-21. And of course, we have been fooling around genetically with trees and plants and we have been able to do a lot of interesting things with genetic manipulation of plants and trees. The problem is that even the majority of Christian church religions do not preach on the Book Of Revelation nor Bible Prophecy at all. "And the woman whom thou sawest is the great city, that hath kingship over the kings of the earth." Hence the effort of some to prop up a manifestly false reading. Can anything be less reasonable (even taking that ground, low as it is) than that the various rulers of the western powers, Catholic kings, join the Pope in destroying his own city, or his own church, whichever Babylon may be made? That a corrupt religion is better than none I will not say: at any rate it troubles men; it is a thorn in the side of those who want no religion at all. In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. God shall take away his part out of the book of life - Perhaps there is here an intimation that this would be most likely to be done by those who professed to be Christians, and who supposed that their names were in the book of life. 19And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. "Lord you gave me four talents and I went out and used them and I have eight." And Jesus sits on the great white throne. The Spirit and the bride offer an invitation to come to those who still need to come. descriptions as being true. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. Polyglot, and all editions of the least critical value. Come, Lord Jesus! (2 Peter 3:9) The tree of Life can be thought of as big enough The Battle for Your Soul: It is Finished! And then we come to a most cheering disclosure: "And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and [I saw] the souls of those beheaded on account of the witness of Jesus, and on account of the word of God: and those who had not worshipped the beast, nor his image, and had not received his mark upon their forehead, and on their hand; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years." There is, however, a great deal more than this on the subject, and given with great precision in scripture, because this is merely the principle of sin in one or other form from the beginning. Now manifestly, if the Lord does not come before this, there is no world to come to; for the earth and heavens are fled. The Psalmist sings of the river whose streams make glad the city of God ( Psalms 46:4). will not forgive your transgressions." Consequently, here we must most unquestionably go back to be shown an important object in the prophecy which could not, without interrupting its course, have been described before.

Aaron Collins Powecom, Articles R