Or perhaps leveraging vehicle density/speed data integration already being gathered, into route builder as I floated this weekend. And we don't do cookies. Heres the two route builders side by side. Well, apparently a small number of apps retain leaderboards, but only to show to Strava subscribers. Pre Strava days my old phone registered 342mph during a crash (caused by picking up a branch through the front wheel) on iBikeRide. November 9, 2017. Log in to Strava.com, then Settings->My Apps->ChaseTheLadder->Revoke Access. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. Hope you dont either!! I am trying in February 2021 to set up Strava to help me build a community of active users across three sports cycling, running and walking and it is now a real pain. One might mistakenly believe this change is only impacting non-paying users. For the multi-discipline athletes you can quickly switch to see how you compare in other disciplines. Just noticed there isnt a mens leaderboard for segments on the free version, only women or everyone. The most common question I receive outside of the whats the best GPS watch for me variant, are photography-esq based. Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. Scaling Club Leaderboard Infrastructure for Millions of Users | by Mike Kasberg | strava-engineering | Medium Write Sign up Sign In 500 Apologies, but something went wrong on our end. There are several reasons you may want to refresh your achievements. They are summarized as follows: Non-paying users will no longer see the full leaderboard: Theyll only see the top 10 times (all + Top 10 women), you wont see your friends anymore Ive just been through this with Strava support. Based on this experience, I can only advise people not to trust Strava with your data at all. So why dont my best times show? An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. . the unofficial home of Strava on Reddit - your place to post about, chat about and discuss all things Strava! As for the data metrics Strava wants to sell back to you there are better options I think, some that may charge a fee but have been around longer and are more trusted with athletes to provide a path forward for performance gains. I, and many others, pleaded for filters for the feed. I havent used Strava that much lately but I have just started training again and just found out that you have to subscribe just to check your own history and comparisons! my strava for my last ride told me my max speed had been 116kph. Same as haze.had it a few times on uploads over past few months. You also see who is just above you - close the gap, and how is just below you - make that gap wider. I aim to leave no stone unturned. They wont care what their friends do, because they cant see what their friends do. Remembering to review the leaderboard after each activity is too much hassle? I am 16, creating a website that shows all Strava's segment leaderboard, but Strava only gives you the name as "Paul M." for example. During the next attempt after the Edge said it was a PR the Virtual Partner is still using the original PR time and not the new time. Ive now jumped up to 193rd on the segment. Which also means there is the super leaderboard - ALL your activities on Strava are aggregated into a single leaderboard! If the activity is hidden from the leaderboard, you will still see all of the segments and your times for the efforts on them but they wont be posted to the segment leaderboard. I used Strava free for years. Below are the most popular. Note: Values for the leaderboard are calculated from . Next question is how do I search for my best ever time on a section?without meaking every ride public. Select "Refresh activity achievements". Same goes for my group membership in the Slowtwitch.com Club, that too would go away, here on a different segment: Free users can still create segments, as well as use the segment explorer to look at/search for segments. The reason I stopped paying for Summit access was that I just didnt use those features to make it worth their while. [deleted] 3 yr. ago Ha!! Since the announcement, I have used Wahoos Element to record and upload my rides (including to my free Strava account), that way I can at least view my own heart rate as it was recorded (which the free Strava account does not allow any more). Want to compare the features of each product, down to the nitty-gritty? Today I went rowing on a river, and thought I would use Strava to record the trip, since it does not seem that Wahoo is set up to deal with canoeing. Teenagers would do a better job Strava is run like a company headed by boomers that have no idea how the internet, apps, or social networks function. Check again in a few hours. Search the forum using the power of Google, on Strava, on some sections, in my fastest times it says All-Time PR 1:16 , but on the full leaderboard, I look up 1.16s, and it doesnt show me. Solely comparing paying club members just doesnt make sense, since you want to compare all your frinds in a Strava club. Where did all those things go? Most of the time. After June 18th, those endpoints will either omit the data or return an error message.. Worked for me in the past. Of course, Strava counters they did notify a handful of larger developers ahead of time. I have better ideas on how to spend a few dollars I can buy beer for my friends on a ride. But now I cant look at my collective data that I gave Strata its by design very hard for me to look at how well Ive done in previous trips out, and that is something Im very interested in seeing. Resolved - This incident has been resolved. I never noticed it missing, & I always used to check it. We just lost access to how many miles weve run this week (in the app) on the website it still works fine. Hes so right! or one month. US Triathlete Collin Chartier Popped for EPO (throws shade at Zane Robertson and Shelby Houlihan in the process) May 6th: The Women's 5000 at Track . It seems like a company founded by teenagers with no real world business sense. Nor is poorly communicating to your development community. This incident has been resolved. And a digital membership where you can read all the digital magazines is normally 25, and now 12.50 with the code. In 2017, a time of 17:40 was good enough to reach the top 1000. Strava Status - Incident History You can stop and start the Strava updates at any time - but we do need permission update your Strava activity, find out more when you click to sign up. Both these things are important to me as a casual exerciser. This will give you the behaviour you are seeing. Strava API is_kom - Stack Overflow You sign up to ChaseTheLadder via Strava. Analyze your efforts. And from now on, more of our new feature development will be for subscribers well invest the most in the athletes who have invested in us. Use code HELLO54 when you join us as a print or digital member and your membership will be half price for the first year. This is all a consequence of Strava attempting to coerce people into spending money on their product. Manage Settings Which is as great shame. Years have gone by, and rather than this very needed feature, they give me additional fluff. Matched runs, training diary and lots of goodies! And heres the worst part: They arent necessarily wrong on that specific issue. Alternating from everyone to private then back again sometimes helped. Smart Trainers Buyers Guide: Looking at a smart trainer this winter? Here is the complete list of what we've created after everyone's segments were privatized: Other paid features werent of interest because Im a casual exerciser and its about keeping myself motivated mostly. VeloViewer has detailed the nuances here, which still involve less features now for non-paying Strava users. Totally agree. Of course, were all different. Strava is where you can record and share all the ways you like to move. The same app developers that have furthered Stravas business and reach, Strava has decided to give zero notice to. I had wondered how long it would take Strava to become concerned about the privacy factor on the flyby viewing option, however, there are controls that people can use even now that block being included in flyby. 2023 LetsRun.com, LLC. The Refresh Activity Achievements tool can regenerate your achievements for any activity if they do not appear or are incorrect. If you want to make sure that you are putting in the training effort then you have come to the right place. Note that swimming pace is measured as mins:secs per 100m (100 metres) even if Imperial measures are chosen. I have google play services set up, my achievements work properly, but the leaderboard doesn't seem to want to work. (Ill record on both on runs). No problem, here's the platform I use - you can too! Your Strava preference is used to determine the default measurement units for the leaderboard. Theyve declined repeatedly. B) Posting my activities and photos for others to see User reports indicate no current problems at Strava Strava is a website and mobile app used to track athletic activity via GPS. February 2023 to April 2023. Or why cant Strava Beacon then automatically integrate across teams/clubs so that people know where everyone is on a group ride? An easy-to-use app, compatible with both Android and iPhone devices, as well as integration with most other sports. I dont see the point in having a Strava account in this situation, so it goes to delete. At the righthand side is the leaderboard. I workout a couple of times a week because of the health benefits but dont do races or anything like that. I want to bring up the fact that non paying users can now only create private segments. Sorry never going to pay for my own data shared with others.. Press segments and then choose add to the dashboard at the top of the screen. I know one person in my sphere that uses that feature. The time on the left side is your time for the effort on the activity you are viewing. To be very specific, heres what non-paying users will see going forward: Free users: In a conference call last week, Strava was point-blank clear that if they dont get more subscribers and become profitable, theres a pretty good chance there wont be a Strava in a year. Will you test our product before release? An ecosystem that at every turn is wary of Stravas apparent habit of killing of apps that get too close, or too useful to users. Very helpful. That includes athletics data aggregators like Strava as well. And that's not all, we provide leaderboards for every year you have been active on Strava, as well as this year - so you can see how well you are progressing on your annual target. Heres my most recent GPS watch guide here, and cycling GPS computers here. 1 a week is seriously less than a cup of coffee (which I love as well) and yearly is 1/4 of the cost of the device I bought to record GPS with in the first place. If Strava knew how to cost effectively host their servers they would probably make money, they use AWS, beyond a certain scale thats not cost effective (about the $25K mark). how is shawshank redemption - evcc-estheticstraining.com My issue is that Im not an athlete. Is it just me? Having one app to keep track of and interact with both sides of that coin would be nice. Strava 's segment leaderboard and segment analysis features will only be available for paid subscribers, as part of a significant overhaul of the training and fitness app which begins today . Strava api: segment leaderboard two people with same name. 2 Select an option: (I use Train) > Default Ride Type > eBike. Im not sure if it will sort itself out but went on a ride today and got a few PBs that would put me in to a couple top 10s. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Public angst against FB currently, should be a warning sign for what other social media sites could face in the future, and it could spell the end for FB much like the now ghostly MySpace. Maybe Garmin seizes the opportunity and resuscitates their segment feature. To be clear, everything below is killed. But the yellow parts make it clear that theyre doing this so you cant get the other premium leaderboard features via apps. Strava likely still would have converted those users that cared about in-app access, without breaking their partner ecosystem. April 2023. Strava is removing the leaderboard from all 3rd party apps: If youre using one of the 44,000 3rd party apps out there to do anything with Segments, this likely just broke it. Strava- not showing right times on leaderboard First of all, you got a new desktop (web) route builder which better integrates Strava Segments and terrain filters (e.g. Less than 5% of the community intends to shift from free to paid. and our I understand that Strava need to turn a coin, but I feel 48 a year is slightly too much for me to pay just to be able to build routes or judge myself against my real life friends & fellow club riders. And look, I get it, Strava needs to find a way to make money. Tap on Add Goal. 60eur is a lot of money to pay for something I dont have a full data to look for! Use code HELLO54 when you join us as a print or digital member and your membership will be half price for the first year. Iv refreshed the activity but its not done anything. Im pretty sure that strava cannot convince my club, family and friends to all pay for this feature in the future, so as per de facto it is missed. gravel vs not, more elevation option, etc), and you also got some redesigned elements of the mobile app around training load tracking. Look I get why Strava needs to deprecate this feature. Strava leader boards not updating with new results. Its been a great deal of the excitement participating in club challenges with my local club, a family strava club and a friends club. We simply want to make a product so good that youre happy to pay for it.. And a digital membership where you can read all the digital magazines is normally 25, and now 12.50 with the code. Over the two year gap, the average time of the top 1000 riders improved by 35 seconds, which equates to an increase in speed of about 1.6% per annum. All segment leaderboards (including following/clubs/this year/age groups/weight classes) What Im most annoyed about is that the club compare has been removed for free users. Then, of course, you have more robust versions available to members who want/need those functions. but shhhhhhhh . Best, Sarah" - Jul 03 03:48 pm (PDT) I asked Strava why applications were notified after the disablement, and didn't really get a good answer, only clarifying that: . FB to make it fun. Currently, you can lose your achievements when switching activity types. On the mobile app, you can view the men's and women's filtered leaderboards for all-time or the current year. If you edit the activity and uncheck the hide option then you will see your time show up on the segment leaderboard and also as your PR for that segment as well. Use Backcountry.com or Competitive Cyclist with either the coupon code DCRAINMAKER for first time users saving 15% on applicable products. We dont pay for google, do we? or dont spend . my weekly podcast - with GPLAMA, which is packed with both gadget and non-gadget goodness! Heres what that API call did before today. And if a tree falls in the forestwho cares? And even if it doesnt, it does suggest that political affiliationism on the part of corporates etc will not be tolerated. I hate that sort of invasive preaching that happens with Strava where they have no idea what theyre doingthey are not a sports authority, they are a sports data accumulation application. Goodbye Strava. This means that if you sign up to ChaseTheLadder your name - and a link to your Strava profile - may appear on various leaderboards. For example, the Leaderboard tab on a given segment wont change, because it is actually just an embed from Stravas public site which shows the overall leaderboard + Top 10 women. If youre a non-paying member, youll get none of this going forward (you previously didnt get ages/weights unless a subscriber). Click here to Subscribe without commenting. They can also see the KOM/QOM (due to being allowed to see the Top 10/10 Top 10 Female), as well as they can see their own PRs. But beyond that, the Segments feature (which now has some dubious restrictions) is the ONLY thing they have that sets them apart from other data aggregators. If everything going forward was put behind a paywall then Id not be that bothered, if theyd done the same with leaderboards or other athletes data then again fair enough, but for features that have been there for the best part of the past decade to suddenly be told needs to be paid for, by what I head from a Strava spokesman due to it costing money to process the data just makes me laugh. But, Id pay if they gave us a moto option. Did I like the interface? Summarize and export csv of Strava activities on Club Recent Activity tab and Profile page. On the segment page, click actions then Refresh my results. I managed to look at an x-c ski activity from 2015 in seconds. But wait why is VeloViewer different than other apps? We review 100% of reports submitted. ChaseTheLadder creates the leaderboards of the Strava clubs you are a member of. Long time Strava user, appeared on leaderboards enough to know how they work. My Photography Gear: The Cameras and Equipment I Use Daily, DC Rainmaker 2021 swim, bike, run, and general gear list. If Strava wants to get more subscribers it would do well with keeping a lot of non paying people using it and then adding features that they will really want to pay for. If it was slightly less I would pay up without hesitation. First they ignore users complaints for years, and dont fix what is broken. However, when I view the full leaderboard, I get additional key information notably the People Im following and My Clubs, as well as My results and This Year. Ive had this when uploading as private, then sharing laterseems to take a while longer to update this way. Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total). Inhad no communication from Strava that would indicate their plans to suspend my account, or the reason for it. We source our data from Strava, summarise it, and then report it via the leaderboards. If everything else checks out, try using the refresh my results tool. Also, my percentage effort on the segment. At left is the new one. Excludes Gift Memberships, Discount applies to first year. Sounds like a plan for the future indeed! In my code there are extra steps to login, which I omit here urllist = ['https://www.strava.com/login', 'https://www.strava.com/clubs/roosevelt-island-dc-parkrun'] return urllist ### Function 2 def strava_login (urllist): # open login page #url = urllist [0] driver = webdriver.Chrome (executable_path = r"/Users/user/Documents/chromedriver") So what is the point of this app? Sad, great user base and so much potential. Is this Stravas new strategy? Its not me its you! I think the failure is with the lack of vision and brains behind the running of Strava to make features that people are willing to pay for and instead have just turned around and said what do our users use the most, and then just put that behind a pay wall. That said they should have ignored feedback and gone down the Advertising route, like all other Social Media Platforms, FB and Insta. Hope they can fix it because I set the course record on that effort by 4 seconds and I really don't want to have to do it again anytime soon haha. This change is impacting anyone who uses the platform with 3rd party apps to do any amount of analysis of Segments. All rights reserved. On a normal day I might have covered that more in-depth, but today is not a normal day. New Strava update makes big changes to layout, organization, and Use VeloViewer for all sorts of stats and analyses. And if I can talk my mates into changing over too, bye bye Strava!? Two months ago my ankles were becoming so sore from running I decided to jump to road riding to stay fit. That said they should have ignored feedback and gone down the Advertising route, like all other Social Media Platforms, FB and Insta. . Why? WHAT ? If Strava knew how to cost effectively host their servers they would probably make money, they use AWS, beyond a certain scale thats not cost effective (about the $25K mark). Their PR on what theyve been doing is also awful. You upload your activities to Strava. Up until this point, any member could use the Route Builder for free. Try setting the ride to private, save it then undo private and save. Ive sorted it all by world geography, in an attempt to make it easy to figure out where Ive been. Instead of adding value and new features to the platform and convincing people to convert, theyre pulling the rug out from both free and paid users alike. We DO NOT modify any activity data, and we DO NOT overwrite and description that may already be there. Instead of adding features were just going to keep taking stuff away until you either leave or pay us. Continue with Recommended Cookies, Search the forum using the power of Google, For context, Im a long standing Strava subscriber so the recent changes to subscription model shouldnt affect me. All your ChaseTheLadder data will be deleted. Please don't sign up. Ride with GPS seems to fit the bill now. Have to agree with your article. Meanwhile, the other ones that are allowed for paying members means that apps can still get individual efforts for the given authenticated athlete, but not segment-specific data like people within a leaderboard category such as following or age groups. Strava cant own segments, they are just part of runs, and I can still go onto each of my runs and view my times for these segments and so this data will be freely available and replicatable in the near future Im sure. Additional metrics not on the Strava leaderboards And it is 100% free The updates to your Strava activities is a summary as shown below which is added to the description of the activity. Segment Explore / Search is allowed . Privacy Policy. I have been assuming Zwift pays them a massive amount of money. Here's how to fix Strava activities where the GPS has gone a bit haywire: From the activity page on Strava, click the Actions button (the wrench icon) and select Export GPX Click the Actions. Oh they have people who occasionally respond to complaints posted (my complaint about Segment Search being awful got maybe one response from Strava personnel) but overall nothing comes of it and people are just supposed to let it go. Meaning, youre either paying or not. This is a little off topic, but not much. We have had some problems with segment leaderboards not listing some efforts, as described here: https://strava.zendesk.com/entries/33281044. Was going to say no more than an hour rather than days! Maybe think about adding stuff instead of this continued disparity between the app and the website where you have to look in both places to find stuff. But these new developments has me thinking Im giving Strava too much for what I get in return. If youre out there hunting segments with Strava Live Segments or Xert, awesome, more power to you. If Strava is in trouble, maybe including the dark underbelly of motorsports would help them. Thats the part they need to be called out for. Strava api: segment leaderboard two people with same name I use Strava for essentially three things: A) Finding/Building routes Wanna create comparison chart graphs just like I do for GPS, heart rate, power meters and more? I have a problem with Strava Strava outages reported in the last 24 hours This chart shows a view of problem reports submitted in the past 24 hours compared to the typical volume of reports by time of day. But what you are looking for the the organization of your data that Strava brings. Maybe they dont do that for runners? Id post a picture but I never thought I would need to capture that view. Strava Club Annual Leaderboard allow you to compare your achievements not only for current or past week, but for whole year and for the last year! Cannot be used in conjunction with other offers, or when switching memberships), Contact UsPrivacyForum RulesClassifieds RulesLink RemovalNewsletter SettingsAdvertising. They figured out how to monetize spying on us, despite our advert avert vision. I dont care about comparing to others but not being able to check my own history blows. Strava is a great fitness tool and favoured by many runners and cyclists. Not showing up on leaderboard : r/Strava - Reddit If you are uncomfortable with this then ChaseTheLadder isn't for you. Lots of people in the motorsports world do those kinds of cross training. Now, youre simply a subscriber or not. Strava leaderboards and routes no longer free | Key update for fitness People say NO, but they dont really care. Every company should thats why theyre a company and not a non-profit. I have subscribed to Strava in the past, but dont now. Check out Uploads from Garmin are currently delayed. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. That doesnt mean theyve wrecked Strava. On the web, open the All drop-down menu to select from the all-time, men's, and women's filtered leaderboards. Since they refuse to accept data processing from established vendors (Garmin et al) and say they want to do their own data processing (which always seems to be a little slower and a little less everything than others) theres really no reason to trust the way they generate their metricsand further, it has made their system less less trustworthy since my speed / power / distances always seem to be less on Strava. How to set Weekly Goals using Strava App. For those, Strava says: We realize these API changes could be especially challenging for some developers, so theyll be non-breaking for 30 days, returning empty data during that time so they can make necessary adjustments. Apr 21, 13:52 PDT Its a nice break from the day to day sports-tech talk, and I hope you get something out of it! Scaling Club Leaderboard Infrastructure for Millions of Users Why Doesn't My Segment Effort Appear on the Leaderboard? Unfortunately Ill have to break up with you Strava.

Beach Church Pastor Todd, Fatal Car Accident Near Mackay, Articles S