Place in chafing dish. heat until it thickens. Bbq Sauce Any flavor will do hickory, mesquite, hot & spicy, or Kansas City style. This was very good! For nippy franksadults onlyadd 1 to 2 tablespoons of a good quality bourbon to the sauce mixture. Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. This easy recipe is perfect for parties and get-togethers. Sweet and Sour Wieners - Recipe - Cooks.com I am going to grill weiners, cut them up and then add them to the mixture! It makes for a relatively easy and inexpensive meal option. cocktail sausages (such as Lit'l Smokies), Authentic Mexican Shrimp Cocktail (Coctel de Camarones estilo Mexicano), 26 Ground Beef Recipes to Make in Your Slow Cooker, 13 Recipes Made Sweet and Spicy With Pepper Jelly. It will look horrible and smell worse when first in the pan, but just wait. 1/2 c. mustard. I love the combination of sweet and spicy! Hot dogs are another staple of the Maine diet. Stir in mustard and wieners. Your email address will not be published. Slice the hot dogs using a sharp knife: Lightly slice a sharp knife down into the hot dog, stopping short of cutting through to the cutting board. Stir them around at least once during this time. Put in baking dish with butter. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F., line a baking sheet with parchment paper and top it with a metal cooling rack. 2 Remove wieners from sauce to serving platter; pour sauce into small bowl. mustard and grape jelly in the crock pot This information will not be used for any purpose other than enabling you to post a comment.*. This is a very old sweet and sour recipe for cocktail weenies with grape jelly and mustard; I remember looking forward to it as a kid at my mom's holiday parties. Use instant rice to make this meal quick and easy. Add wieners. I doubled the recipe for my office potluck and, like Bergy, couldn't find cocktail wieners so I cut European wieners into thirds. We are compensated for referring traffic and business to Amazon and other companies linked to on this site. The sauce adds barbecue flavor to the addictive little hot dogs, andit makes anice alternative to the classic grape jelly sauce or bourbon mixture. Step 3 Cover Litl Smokies with BBQ sauce and grape jelly mixture. ), Crock Pot Nippy Franks With Bourbon Recipe, Crock Pot Mini Smoked Sausages With Grape Jelly Sauce, Sausage Bites in Sweet and Tangy Barbecue Sauce. Southern-cuisine expert and cookbook author Diana Rattray has created more than 5,000 recipes and articles in her 20 years as a food writer. All rights reserved. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. jar currant jelly 1 lb. Sweet and sour meatballs are a delicious appetizer that can be cooked on the stove top or in the slow cooker. Which European country will inspire your culinary journey tonight? Step 2 Whisk together the BBQ sauce and grape jelly in a medium mixing bowl. Cut each wiener into 10 pieces. Now, before you call someone to analyze my brain, hear me out. Directions. Your email address will not be published. Southern-cuisine expert and cookbook author Diana Rattray has created more than 5,000 recipes and articles in her 20 years as a food writer. The one thing that I can guarantee is that I have never cooked anything that Buford did not enjoy. Reduce heat and simmer until serving. Reserved. Sweet and Sour Hotdogs are very budget-friendly. Add the vinegar, soy sauce, and brown sugar; stir to blend. I find they taste *almost* the same, however, with just these 3 ingredients, so why make things harder than they need to be? You have successfully joined our subscriber list. Stir in hot dogs so that they are covered by the sauce. It will thicken as it cools. Get our cookbook, free, when you sign up for our newsletter. Cook hot dogs in oil 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until lightly browned. I make this for potlucks, backyard BBQs, or any get-together, and it is always a hit. Loved this Bea! Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Cook, covered, on high for 2 minutes. I was a little unsure at first about the grape jelly concoction, but now I won't do it any other way. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until ready to serve warm from crockpot. If you go through the first batch, use the left over sauce to make a smaller second batch. This cocktail weenies recipe is super easy to make in a slow cooker with only three ingredients for a crowd-pleasing treat! Add to skillet; stir constantly until mixture is thick and bubbling. Grape Jelly - dds the perfect sweetness and helps make the sauce thick to coat the little smokies. Cocktail Wieners with Mustard Jelly Recipe | CDKitchen.com 1 pound cocktail wieners, or little smokies. Stir until corn starch dissolves. Pour the sauce over the smokies and cook on low for 2-3 hours. No need to thaw even if theyre frozen. From my home to yourshappy cooking! Everything that is A quick and easy recipe for sweet and sour polska kielbasa that is sure to please family and friends. Please view my photo use policy here. 2 Cook hot dogs in water. When hot, add wieners and cover for about 15 minutes. Stir to combine. [instagram-feed num=9 cols=9 showheader=false showbutton=false showfollow=false], How to Put the Moves on Your Wife When You Have Kids, 2 (14 oz packages) Litl Smokies cocktail sausages, 1 cup BBQ sauce (Any brand is OK, but choose a sweet sauce, not a smoky sauce. Extras Mix in some brown sugar, maple syrup or honey mustard for extra flavor. Even as a side dish for brunch. Some people substitute the Li'l Smokies sausages instead of the weenies. Using regular weiners makes it quite quite econamical. Add the vinegar, soy sauce, and brown sugar; stir to blend. Stir to combine. This is actually my first time making the sauce with grape jelly, and that is absolutely brilliant. Stir until corn starch dissolves. Cocktail Weiners With Grape Jelly - Easy Cocktail Ideas Choose your favorite. Summer, Ingredients 1 cup barbeque sauce cup grape jelly 2 (16 ounce) packages cocktail sausages (such as Lit'l Smokies) Directions Mix barbeque sauce and grape jelly in a slow cooker; add cocktail sausages and stir until well coated. Kielbasa has long been a favorite sausage for meals and appetizers, and it's an excellent protein choice for the crock pot. Polynesian Sweet and Sour Hot Dogs with Rice - Tablespoon.com Directions for BBQ Cocktail Wieners: Step 1 - Open and pour both packages of Lit'l Smokies in Crock Pot. Put the slow cooker in an insulated carrier or wrap it in blankets or newspapers to keep it hot. When you reach your destination, plug it in and set it on high until hot. You can also wrap the little smokies with thin strips of bacon and secure them with a toothpick for a fun twist. Who doesn't love a cocktail weenie? Comment * document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "acb948cf893d72b58b166cd61ab20708" );document.getElementById("he0c03d125").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); By submitting this comment you agree to share your name, email address, website and IP address with Spend With Pennies. You can increase the level of heat by increasing the amount of chili sauce.". Directions: In a saucepan, combine mustard, jelly, and relish; heat over very low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is hot and well blended. Cut the onion quarters crosswise into 1/4-inch slices. Cut the hot dogs up into eighths and add to the sauce. Ingredients 3 1 lb packages of hot dogs 8 oz grape jelly 8 oz of mustard Instructions To make the sweet and sour hot dogs, put the jelly and the mustard into a crock pot. To serve, heat and place in a chafing dish or possibly serve hot. 2 (16 ounce) packages cocktail sausages (such as Lit'l Smokies). Now you are ready for your friends and family to enjoy. Can be made with cooked meatballs also or a combination of both. Whisk together grape jelly and BBQ sauce in a medium bowl. Stir until corn starch dissolves. Add 2 packages of cocktail weiners (miniature hot dogs). Enjoy your family. 3 Ingredient Cocktail Wieners Recipe - Easy Appetizer The family raved about this, and a niece took the small amount of leftovers to work this morning. My family always like these treats being served with a side of rice or noodles. Easy Sweet and Sour Hot Dogs - RecipesMaine Welcome to Spend With Pennies! I cut the recipe back to only 2 weiners and cooked them in the crock pot for 2 hours, then kept them on warm for another hour - Perfect. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Add these three ingredients and mix in. . I made this dish yesterday (family loved it) and served as a main dish with pinwheels and vegetables. Add the kielbasa pieces to the slow cooker along with the onion and bell pepper. Thread each weiner onto a toothpick, then spread a small amount of grape jelly over top. Nothing was left at the end of lunch. (Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. For appetizer servings, thread chunks of kielbasa, pineapple, onion, and bell pepper onto toothpicks or small skewers. Family reunions? ). Sweet and Spicy Crock Pot Cocktail Franks - The Spruce Eats I Made It Nutrition Facts (per serving) Show Full Nutrition Label Shape into 48 meatballs. Store leftovers in airtight container in refrigerator up to 2 days. SWEET AND SOUR WEINERS 1 (9 oz.) Fall/Autumn, Slow Cooker Chicken and Mushroom Stroganoff. In medium bowl, stir juice with brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce and garlic powder. Storing: Leftovers will keep in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days. As it starts heating up, keep whisking constantly until it thickens into a sauce consistency. Just A Pinch Food Group With this cookbook, youre never more than a few steps away from a down home dinner. Homemade Sweet and Sour Sauce - Spend With Pennies QueenBea this is a gem of a recipe. Or just throw into crock pot. Add hot dogs back into skillet and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until heated through. Peel the onion and cut it into quarters. 5 star all the way - this recipe is tasty, attractive and versatile. Remove from skillet. My husband's favorite breakfast will ALWAYS be hotdogs (literally! Step 4 - Cook on high 2-3 hours or low 4-5 hours. Also known as polish sausage, My name is Kirk and I was born and raised in Maine. And thats unfortunate, because kids need to get to know their cousins, and adults need the village to help raise their children. This post may contain affiliate links. Sweet and Sour Hot Dogs---Simple Recipe - Food.com Mix jelly, chili sauce and corn starch in small pan. Potluck, Preparation. Combine all ingredients in crock-pot and cook on low for 3 hours. Pour the juice mixture over the kielbasa. You can also wrap the little smokies with thin strips of bacon and secure them with a toothpick for a fun twist. Simply preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, then line a baking sheet with foil. Drop weiners in boiling water. Thanks, Holly, for the great recipe. Sweet N' Sour Weenies | Just A Pinch Recipes Heat to boiling over medium heat; reduce heat to low. Sweet and Sour Hot Dog Bites | Just A Pinch Recipes or more weiners (1" long) 1/4 c. brown sugar Melt together mustard, jelly and brown sugar. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Amount is based on available nutrient data. For fruity, sweet-sour flavor, add about 1/2 cup of drained crushed pineapple to the sauce mixture. Share: Add review or comment: Your Name: Email Address (required, never displayed): Rate this Recipe (optional) Mix jelly, chili sauce and corn starch in small pan. Sweet and Sour Sauce Recipe ** Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Her greatest passion is creating in the kitchen and making deliciously comforting recipes for the everyday home cook!See more posts by Holly. All you need is a couple of minutes and a couple of ingredients. Some suitable substitutes for kielbasa include smoked Spanish chorizo, spicy andouille sausage, linguisa, or linguica. In a large bowl combine egg product, bread crumbs, onion, milk, salt, and pepper. Mix together cornstarch, sugar, and salt, then stir in pineapple juice, vinegar, soy sauce and bouillon. Let sit in sauce at low temperature for two hours. Get the latest recipes and tips delivered right to your inbox. Wont be rushing these again any time soon! Simmer uncovered 20 to 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated and wieners are plump. Sweet and Sour Weiners - Recipe - Cooks.com Bring to boil, then simmer. When I made this for my Thai family using the recipe as written, it was liked but family said it needs a lot more chili taste to it. Sweet N Sour Weenies Recipes package (16 oz) hot dogs, sliced on the diagonal into 1 1/2-inch pieces, large green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 1 cup), large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 1 cup). Marinate overnight. The recipe is quick and easy to make and requires no specialized cookware. 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, or balsamic vinegar. Add in 2 pkgs of cocktail weiners (miniature hot dogs).Cover and chill or possibly freeze till ready to serve. ). Content and photographs are copyright protected. Mix and let simmer until smooth, usually 15-20 minutes. Add a bit of water if the sauce gets too thick while holding. Reduce heat and simmer until serving. Heres what you need: Step 1 Open and pour both packages of Litl Smokies in Crock Pot.

List Of Hedis Measures 2022, Articles S