Is there really a $35 restocking fee on returned merchandise? I then sent in my S9 in the mail at UPS with the label that came from Verizon and after a couple weeks I got an email stating that they received a Galaxy S5 Red and my Trade in credit has changed to $0.00 in credit. Learn about trading in your mobile devices to Verizon in exchange for account credit, instant credit or Verizon Gift Cards. Use your submission ID or email address to order a new kit or print another label. Verizon's latest deals now include up to $800 off with an upgrade Receive up to $504 promo credit ($180 w/Welcome Unlimited, $360 w/ 5G Start, or $504 w/5G Do More, 5G Play More, 5G Get More or One Unlimited for iPhone plan (Welcome Unlimited and One Unlimited for iPhone plans can't be mixed w/other Unlimited plans; all lines on the account req'd on respective plans)) when you add a new smartphone line with your own 4G/5G smartphone on an eligible postpaid plan between 4/28/23 and 5/17/23. Trade in your old phone - United States - Google Store Help Not a problem. You must be signed in to access this part of the community. You need the device ID to do a trade in. About trading in devices to Verizon Expand All Thank you for reaching out to us. I requested the trade-in kits again and again via all kinds of different methods, online, over the phone, over chat, etc - and the trade-in kits never arrived. I upgraded to the iPhone 13 pro and traded in by iPhone XR. Once you purchase a device, it can no longer be sold as a new device which means it can only be sold for a percentage of the normal retail price. I am waiting one more day before I submit my complaint to both the FCC and WA State Attorney General. Note: If you don't have your submission ID, sign in to My Verizon and view My Orders. Whether they are purposely interfering with the process to discourage successful trade-ins OR they have incompetent systems or customer service reps, EITHER WAY, Verizon needs to fix the problems. We're looking forward to working with you! Visit a Verizon store for help cleaning a charging port. Due to inactivity, your session has expired. Here's clarification on the most common questions. I was promised $2400 for trading in 4 phones and it was NON STOP issues, one after another trying to get the credits promised. We want the trade-in process to be smooth and easy! Please send us a Private Message for additional assistance. The Device Trade-in Program lets you recycle devices to benefit our planet, or receive an account credit or gift card. Please send us a Private Note, to take a closer look. We understand that you are experiencing an issue with your services. The iPhone 13, 13 Pro . wikiHow is a wiki, similar to Wikipedia, which means that many of our articles are co-written by multiple authors. We would be more than happy to assist you. If the actual appraisal value is higher or lower than the initial estimated value, we will adjust your credit to match the final appraised value. Great deal right? They verified my address each time (also, the address clearly worked to send the new phones - so there is no excuse for the trade-in kits to not arrive correctly). You may get connected to management as you are running into a meeting or dropping the call. Verizon trade in issues? : r/verizon - Reddit Get up to $500 when you. You are in the best place to get this corrected. Our goal is to provide you with the best experience. How to trade in your mobile device | Verizon Customer Support As a small thank you, wed like to offer you a $30 gift card (valid at GoNift.com). Scan this QR code to download the app now. Find out the trade-in value of. How to Win a Complaint Dispute With Verizon Wireless: 12 Steps - WikiHow No trade-in value will be provided for these items, and they won't be returned. We're here for you and we want to help! If you choose to trade-in online, expect your credit within 1-3 bill cycles after appraisal. You can check the status of your trade-in submission online at any time. Basic phones: Tools & Settings > About Phone > Status, Continue with your trade-in by choosing a payout method and your trade-in return method. See How Do I Trade In My Device FAQs. Read about our Citizen Verizon social responsibility policies. After a week or so I started receiving e-mails from Verizon that "we updated your trade-in value". For those who have experienced similar frustrations with the trade in process or with not receiving the promised trade-in credits - I hope you submit a complaint to the FCC outlining your experience. Please sign in again to continue. I persevered and finally was told they agreed that the trade-in credits were missing on one of the phone lines are submitting a ticket for it to be fixed. If I could do it again I'd go to a store so you have someone's feet to hold to the fire to fix any issues. Here is the link to the complaint center at FCC. PayPal credit within 2 weeks of receiving your device. Excludes Verizon Prepaid plans. We are here to help! Check out the latest deals from Verizon on smartphones, accessories and more. 2 Be prepared. Clearly I am not alone in this behavior by Verizon based on the number of complaints here and elsewhere. More Options ***Announcement: We're excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. % of people told us that this article helped them. Even if your devices have no value, we can recycle them responsibly for you, for free. Try being overly polite and thankful. Use your submission ID or the email address that you used when you first made your trade-in request. Time and time again I called, chatted, used message boards and sometimes would get a tiny step closer to having it resolved, but never completely. Visit our Activate your mobile device FAQs for more information. We have sent a private note to gather more information and work on the solution. Today, they credited my account with $142. Re: Trade-In kits not received FOUR times. Receive up to $504 promo credit ($180 w/Welcome Unlimited, $360 w/ 5G Start, or $504 w/5G Do More, 5G Play More, 5G Get More or One Unlimited for iPhone plan (Welcome Unlimited and One Unlimited for iPhone plans can't be mixed w/other Unlimited plans; all lines on the account req'd on respective plans)) when you add a new smartphone line with your own 4G/5G smartphone on an eligible postpaid plan between 4/28/23 and 5/17/23. Trade in problems! - Verizon Community Track the status of your trade-in through your submissions ID or Email at Verizon Wireless. They've also tried to submit promo correction forms, but they get rejected due to the phone showing up as a Galaxy S5. I am exhausted and frustrated. Beginning today, every Verizon (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ) customer can trade in an old phone cracked, broken, sticky buttons and all and get a 5G phone on us with select unlimited plans, on the 5G network you deserve. >Aldo. Verizon: The company's "free" offer is paired with a "promo credit" applied over 36 months. Otherwise, Verizon will just claim the issues are a one-off problem and not a wide-spread problem. UPS sent "proof of delivery" that all four phones were delivered to Verizon. By using our site, you agree to our. * You can also use your credit toward a. *Store drop-off and UPS options aren't available in all situations. wikiHow is where trusted research and expert knowledge come together. Don't ship the charger, SD card, SIM card or other accessories with your device. Why it was never clearly explained to the customer by all reps she chatted with? Delivered within 2 weeks of receiving your device. To create this article, 41 people, some anonymous, worked to edit and improve it over time. Extend your session by clicking OK below. It is terrible to read about your experience trading in your phone, jennk1. Log into your MyVerizon account and click on the "receipt" link under the My Billing tab. Note: Authorized Retailer locations dont accept devices for recycling. Promo credit applied over 36 months; promo credits end if eligibility requirements are no longer met. Damaged devices have less value. Yes. You will receive your first account credit within 1-2 billing cycles. This is not an isolated problem based on the number of people saying they had the same thing happen. However, the "damaged" category gets broken down further depending on how you answer certain questions. Promo credit applied over 36 months; promo credits end if eligibility requirements are no longer met. Extend your session by clicking OK below. The email should explain the reason for the lesser value, such as the condition of the device was different than originally stated in the submission, we received a different device than expected, or the activation lock is turned on (e.g., Find my iPhone or the Find My app). The process listed below will get you to the executive levels that can and will make a corporate decision that is generally in your favor (provided your complaint is justified). Don't see it? Note: Verizon is committed to keeping e-waste out of landfills. *** The promised value of the trade-in credit was $2400 ($400 + $400 + $800 + $800). If the FCC recieves enough complaints, they can document a pattern and force Verizon to clean up their act or face serious consequences. I selected my old phone, which is a Samsung Galaxy S9 Black 64gb. https://www.verizon.com/support/trade-in-program-faqs/. Trust me, don't waste another second with the customer service agents. Today, they credited my account with $142. Of course this phone isn't worth that much, but I traded it in with the understanding that they were boosting credit to get people to upgrade or whatever. We'll confirm the final value after we get your devices and validate the make/model, eligibility and condition. First time I called, the rep told me the trade wasn't logged in and that's why I was being billed monthly for the entire $700. Archived post. Avoid calling when you are on the road or have something pending. AT&T: This free offer is good only when you trade in a Galaxy phone. I wasted months and days and hours of my life trying to sort out issues with my trade-ins. Press 1 for English, and press 2 to speak with a rep. Tonight the rep told me that the trade had been delayed but it wasn't for $800 - my phone only qualified for $400. We never want our customers to feel this way. I spent another 3+ hours today trying to reach a resolution, explaining the situation multiple times before someone finally acknowledged there was still a problem that needed fixing. Try to resolve your issue using the normal channels but do not use 611 from your wireless phone. Here's where to find the UPS QR code: The code displays during your trade-in request. Stores You must be signed in to access this part of the community. Mobile device deals and promos FAQs | Verizon Support Shopping & Deals Mobile device deals and promos FAQs Learn how Verizon's mobile device deals work, including Buy One Get Ones (BOGO), trade-ins and free or discounted offers. We will inspect your trade-in device to confirm that it is in the same condition described in your trade-in request. Were committed to providing the world with free how-to resources, and even $1 helps us in our mission. Once I concluded sharing my request a second time to assure me my complaint would be shared with the executive management team - they ended the chat - AKA, they hung up on me. Tap or click Manage Device next to the device you want to view. I'd like to hear verizon respond on the matter. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Goodness! Use our Store Locator to find Verizon stores that recycle mobile devices and mobile cables and charges. Final payout can vary depending on what shape the phone is in. If the trade value is more than the remaining installment balance, then you can apply it to the installment and become eligible for a new device immediately. Questions? Your Device ID and IMEI are listed under the Device Information section. {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/b\/b6\/Win-a-Complaint-Dispute-With-Verizon-Wireless-Step-1.jpg\/v4-460px-Win-a-Complaint-Dispute-With-Verizon-Wireless-Step-1.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/b\/b6\/Win-a-Complaint-Dispute-With-Verizon-Wireless-Step-1.jpg\/aid99314-v4-728px-Win-a-Complaint-Dispute-With-Verizon-Wireless-Step-1.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

License: Creative Commons<\/a>
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/4\/4d\/Win-a-Complaint-Dispute-With-Verizon-Wireless-Step-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Win-a-Complaint-Dispute-With-Verizon-Wireless-Step-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/4\/4d\/Win-a-Complaint-Dispute-With-Verizon-Wireless-Step-2.jpg\/aid99314-v4-728px-Win-a-Complaint-Dispute-With-Verizon-Wireless-Step-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/6\/6d\/Win-a-Complaint-Dispute-With-Verizon-Wireless-Step-3.jpg\/v4-460px-Win-a-Complaint-Dispute-With-Verizon-Wireless-Step-3.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/6\/6d\/Win-a-Complaint-Dispute-With-Verizon-Wireless-Step-3.jpg\/aid99314-v4-728px-Win-a-Complaint-Dispute-With-Verizon-Wireless-Step-3.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":325,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":514,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/9\/98\/Win-a-Complaint-Dispute-With-Verizon-Wireless-Step-4.jpg\/v4-460px-Win-a-Complaint-Dispute-With-Verizon-Wireless-Step-4.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/9\/98\/Win-a-Complaint-Dispute-With-Verizon-Wireless-Step-4.jpg\/aid99314-v4-728px-Win-a-Complaint-Dispute-With-Verizon-Wireless-Step-4.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/e\/ee\/Win-a-Complaint-Dispute-With-Verizon-Wireless-Step-5.jpg\/v4-460px-Win-a-Complaint-Dispute-With-Verizon-Wireless-Step-5.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/e\/ee\/Win-a-Complaint-Dispute-With-Verizon-Wireless-Step-5.jpg\/aid99314-v4-728px-Win-a-Complaint-Dispute-With-Verizon-Wireless-Step-5.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/f\/f8\/Win-a-Complaint-Dispute-With-Verizon-Wireless-Step-6.jpg\/v4-460px-Win-a-Complaint-Dispute-With-Verizon-Wireless-Step-6.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/f\/f8\/Win-a-Complaint-Dispute-With-Verizon-Wireless-Step-6.jpg\/aid99314-v4-728px-Win-a-Complaint-Dispute-With-Verizon-Wireless-Step-6.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/7\/75\/Win-a-Complaint-Dispute-With-Verizon-Wireless-Step-7.jpg\/v4-460px-Win-a-Complaint-Dispute-With-Verizon-Wireless-Step-7.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/7\/75\/Win-a-Complaint-Dispute-With-Verizon-Wireless-Step-7.jpg\/aid99314-v4-728px-Win-a-Complaint-Dispute-With-Verizon-Wireless-Step-7.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/3\/3b\/Win-a-Complaint-Dispute-With-Verizon-Wireless-Step-8.jpg\/v4-460px-Win-a-Complaint-Dispute-With-Verizon-Wireless-Step-8.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/3\/3b\/Win-a-Complaint-Dispute-With-Verizon-Wireless-Step-8.jpg\/aid99314-v4-728px-Win-a-Complaint-Dispute-With-Verizon-Wireless-Step-8.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":325,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":514,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/1\/18\/Win-a-Complaint-Dispute-With-Verizon-Wireless-Step-9.jpg\/v4-460px-Win-a-Complaint-Dispute-With-Verizon-Wireless-Step-9.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/1\/18\/Win-a-Complaint-Dispute-With-Verizon-Wireless-Step-9.jpg\/aid99314-v4-728px-Win-a-Complaint-Dispute-With-Verizon-Wireless-Step-9.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/4\/4a\/Win-a-Complaint-Dispute-With-Verizon-Wireless-Step-10.jpg\/v4-460px-Win-a-Complaint-Dispute-With-Verizon-Wireless-Step-10.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/4\/4a\/Win-a-Complaint-Dispute-With-Verizon-Wireless-Step-10.jpg\/aid99314-v4-728px-Win-a-Complaint-Dispute-With-Verizon-Wireless-Step-10.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/7\/7e\/Win-a-Complaint-Dispute-With-Verizon-Wireless-Step-11.jpg\/v4-460px-Win-a-Complaint-Dispute-With-Verizon-Wireless-Step-11.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/7\/7e\/Win-a-Complaint-Dispute-With-Verizon-Wireless-Step-11.jpg\/aid99314-v4-728px-Win-a-Complaint-Dispute-With-Verizon-Wireless-Step-11.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/7\/72\/Win-a-Complaint-Dispute-With-Verizon-Wireless-Step-12.jpg\/v4-460px-Win-a-Complaint-Dispute-With-Verizon-Wireless-Step-12.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/7\/72\/Win-a-Complaint-Dispute-With-Verizon-Wireless-Step-12.jpg\/aid99314-v4-728px-Win-a-Complaint-Dispute-With-Verizon-Wireless-Step-12.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}. On 02/28, Verizon received my trade in of a Galaxy S9+ as part of one of their increased trade promotions, and I was provisionally granted $799.99 in estimated trade-in credit. I'm eager to assist you in addressing this. Promo credit applied over 36 months; promo credits end if eligibility requirements are no longer met. Due to inactivity, your session has expired. Yes, Verizon accepts devices with cracked screens, but you won't get as much money for them as you would if it was in good condition. We use cookies to make wikiHow great. Use our Trade-in page and you won't have to go to a Verizon store (unless you want to bring us your old device). Watch How to find your device ID for more options. By signing up you are agreeing to receive emails according to our privacy policy. Verizon will pay for shipping to return the trade-in.
Mobile device and phone trade-in guide | Verizon Even if you're not a Verizon customer, you can trade in a device and receive a Verizon Gift Card or PayPal credit. According to plaintiffs George Wise and Barbara Gilbert-Wise, this deal was "purposefully deceptive, false, unconscionable, fraudulent, and also allowed Verizon to be unjustly enriched." And that's only the people that could log-in to even like/reply. At any rate, my concluding response to them was that I wanted them to share my experience with executive management because I fear they are engaging in deceptive sales/trade practices and exposing Verizon to serious liability. This chart shows a view of problem reports submitted in the past 24 hours compared to the typical volume of reports by time of day. Send in only one device per package. This was just one of my many, many issues. Customer Service Rep. 04-23-2023 11:13 AM. Verizon won't accept devices that are damaged or not working, although you should always first check with a Verizon store sales associate for an evaluation. Enjoy! Verizon's latest set of cell phone deals include newly increased trade-in rebates for those looking to upgrade - up to $800 off on the latest flagship devices, in fact. How Does Verizon Trade-in Work:The Pros and Cons - GizmoGrind "Warning: Don't Use Trade-In Program" VZW up to no good How do I remove my personal information before I send back my device? Check out the trade-in FAQs page. *If you were given the option to bring your old device to a Verizon store, we also accept their associated cables and chargers for recycling. Why You Should Avoid These Free Offers From Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile

Civil Air Transport Corporation Case Summary, Allen Texas High School Football Coach Salary, Isaac Wright Jr Daughter Today, Evangelism Ideas During Covid, Murphy Middle School Staff, Articles V