Customer Service. // Y2K Fix by Isaac Powell The heralded Memphis estate fascinated the world, but to Lisa Marie, Graceland was simply home. So, unfortunately, we cant see it, but it is taken care of.. Girlfriend Priscilla Beaulieu moved to Graceland and lived with "The King" while he became a legend beyond the scope of anything the world had seen before. By the end of the 90s, Lisa Maries estate was worth $200 million. Only Priscilla, Lisa-Marie and Graceland's Curator are allowed within its hallowed halls. Legendary Memphis Accommodations | The Guest House at Graceland Elvis Presley died at Graceland in 1977, at the age of 42, when Lisa Marie, now 45, was nine years old. In June of that same year, the property received its first visit by a sitting President, when George W. Bush visited Graceland with the Japanese prime minister. She said: "It looks as if he just got up and left." This staircase near the. Elvis Presley famously lived at Graceland from 1957-1977 and made a number of additions and changes to the property including the Jungle Room. During Elvis Week this year the Lisa Marie's interior was being displayedwithout any protective coverings over the furnishings (usually there isprotective plastic over everything). Inside Graceland, Elvis Presley's Memphis Mansion: Photos Our customers highly recommend Upstairs Downstairs home cleaning services. But fans and souvenir seekers frequently tampered with his grave, so Presley and his mother Gladys were moved to their current and so far, final resting place at Graceland. The rest of the downstairs is open to the public for viewing. "My family still goes there, and we still have a life there," she says. it's just incredible.". **************************************************************************, Hi Amy,In Mike Edward's book he mentions Priscilla going up there and takinga canewith an ivory handle and emeralds in it that belonged to Elvis and apair of Elvis' pajamas. There are 3 different keys needed to unlock the doors and also a special alarm system. Upstairs at Graceland is a puzzle and a temptation, a fascinating locked-room mystery that draws in the imagination of millions. The family may come to stay in town, but they dont stay in the home. 15:12, Tue, Apr 6, 2021 | UPDATED: 15:18, Tue, Apr 6, 2021. It was Elvis' secluded sanctuary where he lived and loved. Lisa Marie Presley has shared secrets on the upstairs section of their Graceland home, where so much history of Elvis Presley has taken place. ", With a noticeably happy tone, she also recalls, "There was lots of mischief. Lisa Marie was also asked if the upstairs area now is the same as when Elvis was there, to which she responds its exactly the same. Closer Weekly is part of the a360media Entertainment Group.Copyright a360media 2023. According to Forbes, Elvis net worth in 2020 was $23million (16.2million), which is more than when he was alive in 1977. // End With Rachel Gurney, Gordon Jackson, Angela Baddeley, Nicola Pagett. Despite not touching the upstairs areas, Lisa Marie and her family will often stay at the Graceland mansion and have even celebrated holidays at the home. Among the highlights of a Broadwaychris controlled first floor, westaggered a nice group of Koreans on the stairs for a lovely group photo:) Kam-sa-ham-ni-da Missa Blauwaycwis!Don't mention it! Upstairs at Graceland is a puzzle and a temptation, a fascinating locked-room mystery that draws in the imagination of millions. There are five graves total in the Meditation Garden at Graceland. Rumor has it that the interior of the space remains unchanged from the moment Presley took his last breath. Elvis Presleys Graceland may be open to the public, but the upstairs remains off-limits. The cemetery is located five miles from Hollywood in Glendale, North Los Angeles. Overnight, it had 300,000 visitors passing through its gates that first year. Graceland has been occupied by members of the Presley family until the death of Presley's aunt Delta in 1993. Graceland was designated a National Historic Landmark in March of 2006. Upstairs at Graceland 13 Rare Photos - Elvis Presley "It was my childhood home," says Lisa Marie Presley, Elvis' only daughter and the owner of Graceland and its contents. See today's front and back pages, download the newspaper, order back issues and use the historic Daily Express newspaper archive. That amount in 1977 money is about $19.6 million in 2021 dollars. > it was so>late that they just slept at Graceland. Upstairs at Graceland 13 Rare Photos - Elvis Presley - Pinterest Q . Our reviews speak for themselves! He always had books stacked up high next to his bed and they were all religious. Elvis Presley's home, Graceland, holds tantalizing secrets. Of course I don't know for sure but when I visited GL I got the impression the upstairs had likely been completely cleared out.Considering the effort required to preserve the downstairs furnishings (oxygen being pumped in) I don't think they'd be doing that upstairs when they have no intention of opening it to the public.It's like GL has been gutted and mummified. "He'd set up a little chair in my room, and [we'd watch] TV." Visitors to Graceland have been able to tour the. Whom God hath Joined. When Elizabeth arrives at Eaton Place for tea, it becomes increasingly evident that she's left Lawrence after their six-month marriage. Lisa Marie Presley was left ownership of Graceland following Elvis's death. The record on the record player is the last record he listened to. The original owners of the house were Ruth Brown Moore and Dr. Thomas Moore. He didn't just sit down, but kind of fellheavily onto the plush couch, like you would at home. I dont normally like to pay for tours, but knew that I would regret not seeing Graceland while in Memphis. I think he musthave noticed my shocked and horrified look and said "Are we not supposedto sit on these? var year=time.getYear(); He was constantly searching and he was very connected to gospel.. Elvis cousin added: No he didnt really have a tunnel. Nevertheless, whats really fascinating is that Gracelands upstairs is preserved just as The King left it. Surely if upstair never got cleaned in all these years, there would be signs of cobwebs and beasties throughout the mansion but the whole place is spotless, including the top of the stairs . After the home was opened to the public in 1982, the second floor was sealed shut out of respect to the family and also to avoid any macabre attention at the scene of his death. Read Chapter 145 from the story Graceland 101 by beachygrace (Tia) with 3 reads. According to People, after attempts to steal the King of Rock 'n' Roll's body as well as a number of vandalism issues from Presley's fans at Forest Hill Cemetery in Memphis, Presley's first resting place, the choice was made by Presley's father, Vernon, to move both Presley and his mom Gladys to Graceland. Cleaning Our Room . Cage did sit on that toilet, though, according to this page. And no the windows were ever opened, she shares. And hed had a facelift to look like Elvis. I think it should remain off limits to the public anyway. Why The Public Isn't Allowed Upstairs At Graceland That part of Graceland is basically his room and my room," Lisa Marie recalls. Elvis: Lisa Marie 'Upstairs at Graceland is beautiful, creepy shrine' Elvis Presley used to live at Graceland. The upstairs rooms could be accessed by Elvis personal invitation only. As the team returns in the room. It was Elvis' secluded sanctuary where he lived and loved. She had moved in at Elviss request after her husband died. We were never going to live in Graceland. Nothing has been touched. Meanwhile, Elvis daughter Lisa Marie, who owns Graceland and says she feels safe upstairs in the mansion, has described it as a shrine. . TimesMojo is a social question-and-answer website where you can get all the answers to your questions. He had mood swings, but he laughed a lot. Graceland is a 120-acre institution dedicated to the life and music of Elvis Presley. Upstairs Downstairs House Cleaning Service [Rated 5-Stars] And, of course, Ive heard this over the years now and I decided this is time to get this all cleared up because this is just not right. My room is exactly the same. Many items from Graceland are stored inseveral store-houses in the city (including 6 cars). It's pretty creepy. The latest was a live Q&A through the house, with access into areas that fans cannot step into on the Graceland tour. year="19" + year; The mansion was built in 1939 and the property was named after one of the founding family members no prize for guessing what her first name was. . 10Best Readers' Choice Winners: Best Iconic AttractionsTo vote for other contest categories:http://www.10best.com/awards/travel/, Visiting GracelandTicket Office: 3765 Elvis Presley Blvd, MemphisParking: 3717 Elvis Presley Blvd (fee). months[9]="September"; Sharing her take on the recreational aspect of Elvis' home turf, she says, "It was almost like a big playground for my father and everybody. The last record that Elvis ever played is still in the record player and theres even a styrofoam cup remaining on the bookshelf. Well, that young man will certainly have a story to tell. Just like other museums, Elvis Presleys home of Graceland has been temporarily shut down due to the coronavirus pandemic. To check on availability and prices, make reservations or find out more, call 800-238-2000 or 901-443-3000 - or book online now . Graceland held all of the memories he cherished most of his ex-wife, Priscilla, his daughter and his mother, a friend explains. Despite not touching the upstairs areas, Lisa Marie and her family will often stay at the Graceland mansion and have even celebrated holidays at the home. She took photos of Elvis' bedroom and upstairs at Graceland. Only family members and some staff are allowed up there.