Its minus 20 celcius here today, so suspect something may be frozen? ACERT air compressor issue | The Diesel Garage 6-11 Months Compressors can blow fuses and trip circuit breakers due to motor issues. If the bubbles are steady than it is highly probable you have a head gasket (typically cylinder head, but could be air compressor) or cylinder head issue, or pre-cooler in the case of ACERT engines. $100 Core Fee, CAT C15 Harmonic Balancer Part number 132-3156-00, Bending air compressor, T-5015643, BXS14630 CHO HAN, Caterpillar C15 Air Compressor Heavy Truck Parts For Sale. Overheating. We only sell you the best quality cylinder heads for your needs, at fair, affordable prices. If your gasket is failing on your diesel engine, you're likely to notice some of the following symptoms: Pushing Coolant Out of the Radiator. '06 379 Peterbilt with a C-15 MXS 550hp, 200gph FASS, high flow mufflers, fuel harness, shimmed fuel pump, crankshaft balancer, Bully Dog Big Rig downloader, Bully Dog exhuast manifold, Spinner II bypass filter , a big Detroit Radiator, custom built Lipe clutch, Schaeffer . Robur Bremse Air Brake Compressor Repair Kit for Caterpillar / C11 Usually one of the first things I do, they're typically rather cheap. If the heating element is bad you can replace just that but it probably time to do the descant filter also or just get a new dryer altogether. Please Rep and Thank if this post is helpful to you. It wont hiss but it will make a ton of foam if it's become porous. Diesel Diagnosis: 6 Common Issues with Caterpillar C15 ACERT Cylinder Heads. Viewing a thread - C15- coolant in oil Low/No Compression. Assuming you mean the brass 7/8 socket size valve screwed in the side of the compressor head. Sourcing parts for complex jobs is our specialty. It was the line between the compressor & wet tank under the cab, had a hole chafed but with engine running you couldn't hear it & as soon as you shut off the engine the check valve at the tank blocked flow back to the compressor & no leak to hear. You could have lower, liner o-rings failing and pinholes in liner problems ($$$) This can explain both conditions, too. Viewing a thread - C-15 cat, not building air pressure Poor air intake design, Cat C15 discussion - iRV2 Forums hbspt.cta._relativeUrls=true;hbspt.cta.load(8307329, '2a6bf443-63a7-4871-bb0d-06e23bfd22cb', {"useNewLoader":"true","region":"na1"}); Highway and Heavy Parts is in no way associated, sponsored, or affiliated with any OEM manufacturer. Common symptoms of a damaged turbocharger include: . When you cut the filter open, cut the left (straight inlet) off 6 from the end. 5+ Years, Please select ALL of your current, valid drivers licenses. The air compressor has been Good, used air compressor from a Caterpillar C15 Twin Turbo engine. 2008 peterbilt with c-15. Model#: BA921: Drive Type: GEAR: Item:HX 5012533X The air compressor spins freely. Thanks. I'll let everyone know if it works out. C15 ACERT (Dry Manifold) | Peterson Power C $327.79. I would run a leak down compression test like recommended above to find the cylinder.or cylinders at fault. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Anyone have a similar experience? Privacy | It ran good, but made a rattle sound. from United States Terms | mine suppered when it let the air out for a year , finally had to get a over haul kit , check for leaks . 2429537 242-9537 Valve Cover Gasket New Replacement for Caterpillar C15 5P5678. robp823, Equipment powered by C15 ACERT engines include workover rigs, pump skids . Finally found it by putting shop air to the line out of the compressor & without the engine running it was obvious. Subject: RE: C-15 cat, not building air pressure WCWI Pull line off air comp and make sure compressor is pumping air if so put air line anti freeze in. Vocational, Technical or Tra. True, I posted this video in a general category because I have seen numerous design flaws in many RV from various companies. That's why we at HHP make sure that we have readily available lubrication system parts for your specific diesel engine and can typically ship your parts the same day. Caterpillar Air Compressor C15, C13, C12, 3406E. I have not seen the coolant turn black before from a head gasket, but anything is possible. Having trouble finding your part? They can get gummed up if u let your filter go for a while. FLS-FTS for C15 Acert Engine - justanswer.com I cat c15 sdp and pushing coolant out the overflow it's doing it at idle and while driving, I have change the precooler - Answered by a verified Technician . Caterpillar C15 Air Compressor for a 2006 Freightliner COLUMBIA 120 $650 USD Good, used air compressor from a Caterpillar C15 Twin Turbo engine. Good takeoff, inspected and appears to be in good Remanufactured Caterpillar BA921 5011427 Air Compressor. We are so confident in what we sell, that we offer an industry-leading warranty of 12 months. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account. Quantity: Cat C15 ACERT Cylinder Head FAILURE SYMPTOMS USUALLY INCLUDE: DIESEL ENGINE PART OPTIONS FOR YOUR CAT C15 Acert Cylinder Head, 0R7594 | ULTRA PERFORMANCE LOADED CYLINDER HEAD FOR CATERPILLAR C15/C15 ACERT/3406E WITH FIRE RING, NEW, 132-9976 | STANDARD CYLINDER HEAD FOR CATERPILLAR C15/C15 ACERT/3406E, NEW, 2454324 | CATERPILLAR C15 ACERT LOADED CYLINDER HEAD, REMANUFACTURED. Your turbocharger could be to blame. I think Diesel pushers tend to be worse as the intake systems are added by the RV maker and not like a Freight liner chassis where both intake and exhaust are designed and built by Freight Liner. ?Maybe cracked head? Save $80. s300 frame turbo. Turbos, (USED) Bendix Air Compressor Off Caterpillar C15 Diesel Engine, for sale!!!! However, the liner rests on the block, as opposed to being pressed into the block. 8 Warning Signs You Need Your Compressor or Dryer Rebuilt - Titus Co Let TPI find the part for you. If the bubbles are steady than it is highly probable you have a head gasket(typically cylinder head, but could be air compressor) or cylinder head issue, or pre-cooler in the case of ACERT engines. I replaced the brass safety valve, and it is still leaking a little bit. Please note that the part information is already included in the email that is sent to the sellers. This single turbo engine comes with 550hp, 1,850tq and is covered by a 4 year/Unlimited mile warranty. How To Change Your Cat Air Compressor. make sure to clean out above where the purge valve goes it it can get pretty gummed up in there. However, this is still not enough! In my previous post I explained the bottle test and said to take the guts out of a radiator cap to adapt the radiator to a hose and finally into the jug of water. Model: BA921, USED TAKE OUT AIR BRAKE COMPRESSOR 16 Best Cat C15 Acert Air Compressor Problems to Buy Now (Bestseller . You cannot paste images directly. I've rattled my brain trying to improve the intake tract. . It is best to do this test under load, we had a chassis dyno at my dealer. leaking oil to air dyer (spits oil) was doing it 6 months ago replace air compressor fix it for about 6 months, just put another new compressor but didn't fix this time also put new governor. Found oil in the exhaust rebuilt the turbo and all blow by was gone. I have a Bendix Air Compressor on a CAT C15, that is leaking air from the safety valve on top of the compressor. The fire rings tend to blow out because of the way the liners and the cylinders are constructed. endstream endobj startxref There is no visible damage to the air. This item: Robur Bremse Air Brake Compressor Repair Kit for Caterpillar / C11 / C13 / C15 / C18 /DDC S60 $71.82 Robur Bremse Air Brake Compressor Cylinder Upper Head for Caterpillar BA-921/5014428 / 5011441/5012459 / 5012464/5012510 $119.70 Customers who viewed this item also viewed Product Description We always aim for the fastest turnaround possible. And definately soapy water on the main line after it stops being braided metal line. %PDF-1.5 % Decades of field operation and intense research and development allow Cat C11 ACERT engines to deliver excellent performance with low operating costs and emissions. or Best Offer. This fits C15 models. I had one that was slow slow, put on a new compressor & still had the problem. Show More. You can post now and register later. Overview. Please Rep and Thank if this post is helpful to you. With the air compressor bypassed, it's not coming from the compressor. As a result, they released the C15 in 1999. The other noise like that I heard on a C15 was a cracked crank at the #1 main cap. I have a 2005 C-15 cat in W900 Kenworth that will not build air pressure. Please select the number of verifiable months youve been driving professionally using your Class A CDL within the last 3 years. Thanks given by: 2 users Reply smokn stacks Location Offline Senior Member Reputation: 478 Thanks Given: 2339 I have change the precooler and the air compressor and still doing it. No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. removed air compressor, same. Fluid In Exhaust. I guess Monaco only fixed those Coaches where the owner brought the issue to their attention. Adept Ape 170K views 6 years ago air compressor repair c15 reparacion del compressor en un cat c15. The simplest and most cost effect way to single turbo your CAT C15 *Assorted plumbing fabrication is required for air intake, charge air cooler, and exhaust. Compression Leak. pC1K$'&)(``8H3qk30\ 32 % Engine. No way would I not have fresh air from the outside. JavaScript is disabled. Once you get it goin when your done park it in a heated shop over night and drain your air tanks then drain them daily when in use or will keep happening. The biggest problem with the C15 design is the head gasket. Well we found the problem with this one.I pulled all 6 injectors and injector cups.The bottom injector o-ring on all 6 injectors that seals off the combustion chamber was gone.Also the bottom o-ring on all 6 injector cups was pretty much gone on all of them as well.Re o-ringed cups and injectors.Been running the truck for 2 weeks.No more black coolant.Thanks for the help guys. This will give you the reducer to clamp on the other end for straight through. Head gasket failure, for your complaint, doesn't really add up. It is causing the air compressor to run all the time. Fits C15 and C18 Acert Remanufactured Caterpillar EL365 10R9390 Air Compressor. Cat Engine Expert. I think i'll bolt on a new govenor like ATCO said since it's cheep and easy and a good place to start. Engine Air Inlet Temperature : Voltage Above Normal Air Inlet Temperature Sensor : Voltage Above Normal . Compressor passes excessive oil as evidenced by presence of oil at exhaust ports of valving or seeping inlet from air starter. My DP is a 2015 Fleetwood Discovery 380hp 32k lbs. 1-800-562-0360. The main culprit for this is the spacer plate gasket, which is a piece of metal that sits under the spacer plate and is supposed to seal against the engine block. How many miles are on your engine and how much blow-by do you have? Oil level is on the add mark. 4 Years I would replace it first before I bought a complete compressor. Clear editor. Good, used Air Compressor from a Caterpillar C15 Twin Turbo engine. 0 Does the truck have an APU(auxiliary power unit), tied into the engine cooling system that could be contaminating it or putting soot in the coolant?I would think that for their to be a current problem putting combustion/soot in the cooling system, it would need to be also putting pressure in the cooling system as well. mines doing this too, its also making enough crank pressure to push oil out the valve covers and dipstick. Good, used Air Compressor from a Caterpillar C15 Twin Turbo engine. Failed bearings make the turbo rub the inside of its housing, and carbon or debris in the engine can damage its fins. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. 1-844-806-8911. Kit Includes: Bendix Duraflow 596 Air Compressor Synchro Valve Pilot Ring Mounting Brackets Hoses Fittings and Hardware `04 Cat C13 Turbo Diesel Engine Air Compressor, Turbo & Bell Housing Damage 505,925miles Came out of wrecked 2004 Peterbilt 378 lot#7247 (engines loose) Fits To: CATERPILLAR, FREIGHTLINER, INTERNATIONAL, KENWORTH, PETERBILT / 108SD, 114SD, 122SD, 386, 387, 388, 900 . It is most likely a dozen air dryer. The air compressor has been. With your truck not pushing coolant I am leaning more toward a poor flush job from a previous failure. Equipment powered by C11 ACERT engines include workover rigs, pump skids, acidizing units, cementing units, and hydraulic power units. If you dont see anything obvious I would definitely have it pressure tested. NOTE: This Air Compressor is only compatible with Caterpillar 3406E or C15 engines. Cat C15 ACERT Cylinder Head FAILURE SYMPTOMS USUALLY INCLUDE: Losing Coolant. hb```f``a`a```e@ ^&(GaQOf? Air Compressor - Bendix Duraflow 596 Upgrade Kit Cat C15-3406E Do you need advice on what products to buy? I have 2008 pete with cat c15 acert SDP model im on my second air I was wondering if it could be something other than the compressor itself? Sold Price: USD $2,700.00. Shop our inventory of used, rebuilt & new CAT C15 Engine Air Compressors at unbeatable prices. Caterpillar C15 Air Compressor Heavy Truck Parts For Sale C15 front end noise - MHH AUTO - Page 1 Have you checked compression or done a leak down test? I have experienced similar problem on semis before. By Many. My guess is rings of HG. 2008 peterbilt with c-15 | Heavy Equipment Forums How To Change Your Cat Air Compressor. Remove And Install Air - YouTube Restricted air intake.Check engine or compressor air cleaner and replace if necessary. All Rights Reserved. Yeah, I put in a rebuild kit- new piston and orings. Torque spec Cat C15 Acert SDP. caterpillar c15 air compressor for sale | eBay Decrease in Engine Performance. CAT C15 injectors, C15 turbos and C15 fuel pumps are all re-manufactured items. mines doing this too, its also making enough crank pressure to push oil out the valve covers and dipstick. I got 190k on the motor i mean its a steady haze when its warm but its noticable if you get under and look. It wasn't broken off, just cracked. I normally fire up my wreckers every saterday afternoon to make sure everything is operating normal.I thought about your thread today so I timed each truck setting at idle to build air at 120 psi.GMC with Detroit & hendrixson suspension took 4 minutes,so did my Peterbilt tractor.Now the W-900 wrecker took 8 1/2 minutes to air up,But it also has the 8 bag air ride suspension.I attribute the extra time to air up the bags. We have many engine parts and engines. The liners on the C15 sit in the engine block, similar to a C13. , Engine Configuration Inline 6, 4-Stroke-Cycle Diesel, Rotation: from Flywheel End Counterclockwise. Yesterday i did find the precooler leaking.Im going to have to replace that then retest.As for the bottle test i have never done that.How do you perform it?I did flush the system yesterday multiple times until only pure water came out.I filled it back up with water again and im going to check it when the driver gets back today. In this post we're covering those symptoms, why it's happening, and what solutions we have for you! All our CAT C15 parts used are either machined or replaced new. There is no EGR system on this engine. Governor is easy and cheap to replace, dryer a bit more spendy and work. Caterpillar. Good, used air compressor from a Caterpillar C15 Twin Turbo engine. Click to Call! The best tech tutorials and in-depth reviews; Try a single issue or save on a subscription; Issues delivered straight to your door or device Rob from HHP Technical Sales is here to discuss the CAT C15 ACERT Cylinder Head and what problems you may be faced with if it starts to fail/go bad. However if the gasket is blown and it made its way to a water grommet I could see this happening. It's a 2004 Kenworth with an AD-9 air dryer. MHH is incompatible with Internet explorer! The "bottle test": we took a radiator cap and took the guts out of it and installed a fitting in it. Caterpillar C15 Engine Air Compressors For Sale hbbd``b`Z $ Z@,o jX bH#xYp7q/ Put the hose from the modified radiator cap into the jug. Creating pressure in engine coolant. CAT C13, C15, and C18 Tier 4 Final Engine Fault Codes Normal Normal . Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by ahmadali04, Feb 28, 2013. ACERT air compressor issue. you need to get parts fast to service your customers. Yeah im probably going to just buy a turbo from a friend. I've had to do both governor and air dryer in mine. Caterpillar C15 Acert Remanufactured Engines For Sale Australia | CAT This tends to lead to sunk liners as their protrusion shrinks over time, ultimately causing a worn engine block. Once the engine is at operating temp the bubbles should slow significantly and be intermittent. Opens in a new window or tab. C15 heads dont typically crack, but it happens. WHERE CAN I PURCHASE ONE . The liners on the C15 sit in the engine block, similar to a C13. I had a airline collapse internally, the outside looked fine but the inside was blocked. hbspt.cta._relativeUrls=true;hbspt.cta.load(8307329, 'cbde31e7-3d65-48a6-adb8-79b5619b4c5a', {"useNewLoader":"true","region":"na1"}); At HHP, we dont sell inferior cylinder heads from discount suppliers. Thank you for the advise so far.Its not pushing coolant and there is no smoke.The driver just noticed it when he checked it the other day.I did not pressure test the system yet.I did however use a combustion leak detector to check for the presence of combustion in the cooling system and it turned out positive.Is it possible the the coolant could have been mixed or broke down over time?Im going to drain the cooling system and flush today. The contents of this forum are for experimental & educational purposes only. Instant Pot vs. Crock-Pot: Which Is Better For RV Step-By-Step: How To Effectively Sanitize Your RV' Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.8 Beta 1, Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLK-PPd5c0Y. Check the purge valve. 64 0 obj <> endobj Kit Includes: Your Choice of S410SX Turbocharger-Momentum Worx S410SX 78MM (Manufactured by ZEKIturbo)-BorgWarner S410SX 78MM Remove And Install Air Compressor. Poor air intake design, Cat C15 discussion Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts. If you have further questions or need additional information, please refer to Caterpillar Media Number REHS4837-00. Pasted as rich text. If the pressure is not too high, then the brass safety valve is just leaking.not the governor. excessive blowby.. Can it be turbo? [Archive] - Competition Diesel.Com %%EOF Thank you .. Bob @. It makes 360psi of compression cold with stock settings except for 188/210 cam. A head gasket failure isn't something that will slip under the radar. I just ran across this company, Transducers Direct, (webpage address below) and they may have a Bluetooth vacuum sensor that will give me constant readings during operation. Worked fine yesterday. The check valve looks like a big 90 degree fitting next to the purge valve, and it's tricky because it can blow all of it's guts out and just look like a regular elbow, but it needs a ball and spring inside it. 77 0 obj <>/Filter/FlateDecode/ID[<598D61E2E3E0FA5A867B6C7129629318>]/Index[64 22]/Info 63 0 R/Length 72/Prev 47400/Root 65 0 R/Size 86/Type/XRef/W[1 2 1]>>stream read more. 2 EPA04 ACERT 634HP engine produces more torque at lower RPM.. 2:1 down to 16:1 Compression Ratio.

Mingo Tribe Facts, Nys Tier 5 Retirement Calculator, Department Of Housing Nsw Maintenance, Jay Cutler Bodybuilder Net Worth 2021, Articles C