Its a natural for older sixguns such as these five. It was used alongside the S&W Victory Model as well as the Webley Mk IV. Contest open to U.S. residents only. As a result, Smith & Wesson made a modification and began offering the M&P with a new chambering, the .38 S&W Special. Orders placed after this time, or on a weekend or holiday, will ship the next business day. Experts claim 6,000,000 guns have been produced since its introduction, making it the most popular firearm of the 20th century. It will make its own. Giveaway prizes may have evidence of being test fired or exhibit minor handling marks. Buy 2 Pc Box 48 Rds UMC 38 Colt New Police Positive Mixed Headstamps: GunBroker is the largest seller of Vintage Ammo Ammunition All: 972183113 . The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. Colt liked to talk up the accuracy of the Police Positive and emphasized that its cylinder rotated toward the frame, unlike the revolvers of a certain Springfield, Mass., gunmaker, whose cylinders rotated away from the frame. $350.00. Finally, I sold it back to Phillip Peterson, who took pity on me and gave me 30 percent of what I originally paid him for it. Colt Police Positive Special .38 SPL. The Police Positive is the one glaring exception. Note: This information comes from the manufacturer and is for informational purposes only. was almost on a par with the Winchester 158s. Box 488, Escondido, CA 92033. Like the previous model, barrels could be purchased in 4-inch, 5-inch, 6-inch, and 6.5-inch lengths. (I) Giveaway ends May 31, 2023. Arizona Game & Fish Department, State Agency: Box 1926, Escondido, CA 92033. Oregon Department of Fish & Wildlife, State Agency: Rare, Unique & Antique! Our little Colt PPS? Until things straighten out in our government and society, we will have to streamline our customer service in order to serve all customers. Whatever long-ago Colt craftsman regulated these sights knew what he was doing. Safe meaning that it correctly fits the specs of the gun, doesn't run too hot, and won't cause long term damage to internal parts. No purchase necessary. The factory loads feature a 145-146-gr. The revolver was the standard issue sidearm used in Great Britain during World War II. Factory warranties may apply in some cases. The second, made in 1993, featured a barrel shroud and neoprene grips. Factory warranties may apply in some cases. Agent: Basically a Cobra with a shortened grip frame, this gun was manufactured from 1955 to 1986 in two issues. All other top break models should never be fired with this ammunition. We NEVER have and never will take ammo exchanges or returns and then turn around and re-sale that ammo to unsuspecting customers as factory new ammothis is not safe nor is it fair to customers who are buying what they think is new and safe ammo. It was manufactured from 1995 to circa 2000. Using Our 38-55 Ammo in 375 Winchester Chambered Rifles, Why Outward Appearances of Ammunition May or May Not Matter, NRA Articles - Phil Shoemaker & OUTDOORSMAN, I WANT YOUR VALUABLE AND PROPRIETARY LOAD DATA FOR FREE, Chamber Dimensions for 9MM and 45 ACP Pistols, SHIPPING/SELLING AMMUNITION TO ANTI-GUN LOCALS IN THE USA, Hand Cycling Ammo in Semi Autos as a Means of Reliability Testing, THE DANGERS OF NOT AGING YOUR FIREARM, VERSUS THE ADVENT OF HIGH PRESSURE STEEL FOR USE WITH SMOKELESS POWDER, BULLET ENERGY (ft-lbs) VERSUS TKO EFFECTIVENESS ON BIG GAME, CONCERNS OF BULLET OVER-PENETRATION IN CIVILIAN SHOOTINGS, Why Do Firearms Manufacturers Say Use SAAMI Approved Ammo Only, Differences Between 'Lead' & 'Hard Cast' Bullets, USE OF +P AND +P+ AMMO IN MICRO SIZED SEMI AUTOMATIC PISTOLS, USING OUR AMMO (or any ammo) IN AFTERMARKET BARRELS, Use of Expanding Bullets in Small Defensive Cartridges, Understanding "Bonded" Bullets -- Dispelling the Myth, "Stopping" bears with handgun or rifle cartridges, Bullet Set Back In Semi-Auto Pistol Cartridges. Winners will be notified by certified mail on official letterhead. I ordered a set of Lee carbide reloading dies for the .38 S&W and found them to be quite similar to other dies I had as the sizing die is marked .38 Auto; so this older .38 S&W uses the same sizing die as the .38 Super. 38 S&W (38 COLT NEW POLICE) - 125 gr. Hopefully, we can serve you all. Recently while almost everyone else has been looking at black plastic guns Ive been able to find some real bargains chambered in .38 S&W. This mid-60s specimen sports the relatively rare 3" barrel plus the signature rounded grips. Hello all, first time posting! To protect the privacy and security of winners, names will not be made public. Colt Police Positive - For Sale :: Guns.com It is a 6 shot, double-action revolver with fixed sights, and has been offered with various barrel lengths: 2 inches (51 mm), 3 inches (76 mm), 4 inches (100 mm), 5 inches (130 mm), and 6 inches (150 mm). (IV) Winners must undergo a background check and comply with all other federal, state and local laws. All entries must be received by giveaway end date. Colt Police Positive, 38 Colt New Police, 99% Factory Finish, Perfect bore, Vintage Firearms In Gun #: 937088314 Seller: Vintage Firearms Inc ( FFL) GA Sales: 312 $895.00 Full Details More from this Seller 5 Image (s) Colt Police Positive Special 32-20 Gun #: 954405348 Seller: DGSGUNS ( FFL) GA Sales: 872 $1,699.00 Colt Police Positive - Still on Target - Handguns Match Wadcutter and Remington 130-gr. M1917 Revolver - Wikipedia Proper modern ammo for Colt Police Positive .32 CTG 1926 Naturally, those on the side of law and order werent the only fans of the Police Positive. The Buffalo Bore ammo is a substantial improvement over those brands. Giveaway prizes may have evidence of being test fired or exhibit minor handling marks. The optional pearl handle jacked the MSRP up by an additional $2! Plus, theyre FMJ clean. Most 4 guns Ive used them in generally produce velocities a bit over 900 fps what I got with the Police Positive Special. California Department of Fish & Wildlife, State Agency: The first issue of the Police Positive was manufactured from 1907 to 1927. On the upside, with many of the loads used, some are still viable for self-defense. My three loads were Winchester 158-gr. Its basically a round-butted Police Positive Special chambered in .32 Colt or .38 Special with a 2-inch barrel. Great ammo! Worth the effort to find/get ammo and shoot it a bit.Be nice to it and clean it up good after shooting,you can give it to your son some day. The finish was nickeled or blued steel, and grips were checkered walnut with a gleaming white-metal rampant colt medallion. Colt Police Positive Target .22LR. What's It Worth? Colt Police Positive Special | An Official Journal Of I once had a 4-inch Police Positive .38 I could not give away. All Colt Cylinders turn to the right thus binding the crane tight against the frame of the revolver guaranteeing perfect alignment of chamber and barrel and adding materially to the accuracy of the arm. Guns & Military Artifacts > Live Guns & Ammo Auction! Included in every order is a donation to a pro-freedom organization that shares our values. The first, made from 1955 to 1973, had an unshrouded extractor. Most were either large caliber guns or pocket pistols that used .22 or .32 short loads. Some units of the United States Armed Forces, including the Coast Guard and Air Force, used the M&P revolvers into the 1990s. Manufacturer: Colt Condition: NRA Excellent (Modern Gun Standards) Caliber: .38 Spl. I have less, much less money invested in these five historical sixguns than many have spent on just one black rifle. Colt Police Postive - Old Colt Colt Police Positive Special - Wikipedia COLT POLICE POSITIVE 38.38 SPL REVOLVER 6 ROUNDS 5 BARREL. I keep a Colt Police Positive on my nightstand for reasons I cannot explain. Muzzle velocity approached 620 feet per second, and muzzle energy was less than 200 foot pounds. Diamond Dot has quite a collection of older Top-Breaks and I regularly shoot four of theirs. 32 S&W LONG (32 COLT NEW POLICE) - 100 gr. I offered it to my brother, my son, my wife, my neighbor and my neighbors grandmother. This powder is easy to load, as the appropriate charge is to fill a case to the base of the bullet without compression. DOES BBA MAKE AMMO TO SAAMI SPECIFICATIONS? Factory warranties may apply in some cases. Colt 38 Special Guns for Sale Sort by Price: Low; High; Filter Department; Handgun Revolver; Used Gun Collection . OEM Colt Police Positive 38 . Smith & Wesson single-action sixguns were a vital part of our frontier history. Prizes will not be awarded if illegal in jurisdiction of winner(s). Eight major concealed carry insurance programs are now available to the millions of Americans who carry concealed. FMJ. We have utilized flash suppressed powder so the shooter will not be blinded by his/her own gunfire in low light situations and this can be an important advantage as the criminal element and wildlife are much more active in the darkness. Colt Police Positive 38 (Review & Accuracy) - YouTube Handloads for the .38 S&W (the three on the left) compared to the longer .38 Special. I also wanted to do so at standard-pressure stress levels. I use Plus-P stuff frequently but I usually avoid shooting it in small frame guns this old. (II) Limit one (1) entry per household; multiple entries will disqualify entrants. Factory warranties may apply in some cases. Paul S.Everything as ordered, showed up as promised I will use ammo.com again, thank you!. Remington, Winchester and Fiocchi make 38 S&W ammunition safe for your firearm. In 1899, the United States military placed large orders with Smith & Wesson for their Model 1899 Hand Ejector revolvers chambered for the .38 Long Colt U.S. Service Cartridge. Used in Iver Johnson cadet, only giving 4 stars due to packaging is clumsy and hard to get rounds out of box. FREE SHIPPING - Purchase 12 or more boxes & get FREE SHIPPING! You are going to get what you ordered. 33-1 revolver. About 25 years before Colt brought the curtain down on the Police Positive Special 1969 to be exact it was listed at $93.50 (blued). Mail-in entries accepted; send postcards (no envelopes) to: American Handgunner Magazine, GOM DIY 2022, P.O. I just wish they were cheaper. Mike W.Thank you for the prompt service. lead bullet at a muzzle velocity of 600-650 fps from a 4 barrel. $36.99. The fps is notably higher with the BB ammo, won't this cause damage? Here are the collectible offspring of the decidedly noncollected Colt Police Positive. Deployed military should use stateside address. The Police Positive Special in .38 Special led to the Detective Special, one of the most popular and iconic handguns of all time. Diamondback: This gun resembles a Python built on the Police Positive Special frame rather than on the big .41 Army frame. In fact, this load is as powerful as most ordinary 38 SPL ammo currently being made, by most ammunition companies! (III) Giveaway winner(s) chosen by random drawing. Most .38 S&W cartridges featured round nosed bullets while Colt flat-nosed their version. Sign-up now to get more revolver content every Wednesday! As one Colt advertisement stated: All Colt Cylinders TURN TO THE RIGHT.. No ammo is tamper proof! There are several spots of oxidation starting in places. Winners must respond within 30 days of receiving notification or an alternate winner will be selected. Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, State Agency: Employees and agents of Publishers Development Corp. are not eligible. Free Shipping Eligible! Shot a cylinder full out of Colt Police Positive made in 1910. Winners must respond within 30 days of receiving notification or an alternate winner will be selected. The best shooting one, though, is a well-worn example and it appears to have been used extensively. Colt's Official Police Revolver - Shooting Times This rule applies not only to Pythons and Diamondbacks but to real stinkeroos like the ill-fated Model 2000 All-American 9 mm semiauto, too. The Remington 148 gr. These older cartridges seem to have more power than the regular 38 S&W shells made today by Remington or Winchester. JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser. I carry them in my S&W Victory. With the coming of swing-out cylinder revolvers, both S&W and Colt would chamber the .38 S&W, however Colt labeled their cartridge the .38 Colt New Police. Early production samples had a plain topstrap, but later ones had a matte topstrap. Hawaii Department of Land & Natural Resources, State Agency: 2 was a British top-break revolver chambered for a .38/200 cartridge. Box 488, Escondido, CA 92033. One of the reasons 38 S&W is loaded on the lower end of power is because of the many top break revolvers chambered for it. 1030 fps -- S&W Regulation Police 6 inch 977 fps -- S&W Regulation Police 4 inch 926 fps -- S&W Regulation Police 4 inch 874 fps -- S&W 2 inch, Item 20.5A - Exterior Ballistics Charts for several different Muzzle Velocities, Muzzle Velocity @ 1200 fps for Item 20.5A, Muzzle Velocity @ 1100 fps for Item 20.5A, Muzzle Velocity @ 1000 fps for Item 20.5A. It was manufactured from 1905 to 1941. From 1942 to 1944, Smith & Wesson M&P military revolvers bore serial numbers with a "V" prefix. Smith & Wesson focused on other models, but returned to manufacturing its M&P series. The M&P was renamed as the Model 10. (III) Giveaway winner(s) chosen by random drawing. Deployed military should use stateside address. Colt Police Positive Special Parts | Gun Parts Corp. GI#: 102276436. 3 more boxes of 38 Colt New Police Ammo for my 1908 Colt Roosevelt had been prepared to give a lengthy speech, and his long-winded nature, along with the case holding his spectacles, saved his life.

How Much Does Zach Holmes Weight, Whistlindiesel Net Worth 2021, Firefighter Class A Uniform Years Of Service, What Is The Thermal Spa On Ncl Getaway?, Wildwood Missouri Obituaries, Articles C