The Frenchman, who won three Champions League trophies as a boss at Madrid between 2016 and 2018, has been out of football since leaving the role for a second time in the summer of 2021. We have to cover many games. We've got a few more programmes between now and then, but this is the last six-hour Gillette Soccer Saturday, so we better get on with it haven't we? Christopher Ireland, who was found dead in his flat in Dundee, "unlawfully" withheld 4,890 from an employee in the months before his death. The Croatian has been linked with a Stamford Bridge exit this summer with Manchester City and Bayern having been linked. Abraham scored in the 94th minute of Roma's Serie A match against AC Milan, only for Alexis Saelemaekers to equalise three minutes later in a 1-1 draw. Paul Merson - Age, Family, Bio | Famous Birthdays We need players who can strengthen to squad. Partner of missing Reece Rodger still telling their son 'Daddy's gone fishing' six weeks on. All season we have had a shortage of number nines," he said. For three decades, Jeff Stelling has been synonymous with Sky Sports' coverage of the Premier League. The report claims the Serie A side may consider including centre-back Trevoh Chalobah and midfielder Ruben Loftus-Cheek in any move. In response to Lineker, McGrath was as humble as ever, replying 'No thank you' with a laughing emoji. Paul Mersonwas born on 20 March, 1968 in Harlesden, London, United Kingdom, is an English footballer and manager. Merson is also convinced that the Magpies have done enough to qualify for the Champions League for the first time since 2003, with Eddie Howes side set to take on bottom of the table Southampton on Sunday. 7. Gillespie says: "In my first six months at Newcastle, I lived on my own at 19 years of age. Paul Merson has urged his former club Arsenal to sign Brentford striker Ivan Toney this summer. Paul Charles Merson (born 20 March 1968) is an English former professional footballer, manager, commentator and sports television pundit for Sky Sports . Merson told us he found the results "scary". Tema, Ghana, Phone: +233 24 137 5919 The Gunners were linked with a move for him before his switch to Turin but lost out to the Italian giants. Merson believes gambling companies have the tools to spot problem gamblers, and that they should be using these responsibly. The 68-year old has been a mainstay on various shows down through the years, most notably on Soccer Saturday. Paul Merson 13/12/22 10:00am Gary Neville reveals 'insight' on why Erik ten Hag is not picking Man Utd star Sheikh Jassim wants 200m star as his Man Utd 'marquee signing' Jose Mourinho wants Roma female star to play for men . During the film, Merson visits different doctors in an attempt to investigate why his brain works as it does. You can approach that from many ways. When he was transferred to Middlesbrough, he still made the journey down to the Central TV studios in Birmingham and when we came off the air late at night he would motor back to the northeast in time for training. ", Copyright 2023. He later married his second wife, Louise, and had a set of twins. Mateo Kovacic is reportedly Thomas Tuchel's 'dream' signing for Bayern Munich this summer. Paul Merson writes off Arsenal's hopes of winning next season - Metro Next week in the Sunday Mercury, read how I was the victim of wind-ups on TV by Alan Shearer, equestrian hero Nick Skelton, snookers Steve Davis and BBC reporter Ray Stubbs. Charlie Merson. Paul Merson Age, Bio, Parents, Career, Wife, Net worth People will say some teams have gone 25 games without a win, but not with talent like that. Arsenal and Liverpool are involved in a Premier League face-off to sign Croatia star Lovro Majer. Paul Merson Soccer Player Birthday March 20, 1968 Birth Sign Pisces Birthplace England Age 55 years old #70623 Most Popular Boost About English striker who played for Arsenal from 1985 to 1997 and England's national team from 1991 to 1998. Paul Merson sends James Maddison and Graham Potter advice with Rob McElhenney and Ryan Reynolds try to tie Ben Foster down to a new long-term contract after his heroic Sir Jim Ratcliffe 'would demand COMPLETE control of transfers the minute a deal is agreed for him to buy 'In terms of making them more solid there's probably no one better': Jamie Carragher says Sam Allardyce Mikel Arteta says Arsenal are NOT lacking in brute force after Man City defeat and insists the Premier Arsenal 2-3 Wolfsburg AET (4-5 agg): Pauline Bremer taps-in late in extra time to send Germans to Women's Leicester City 2-2 Everton: Foxesmove out of the bottom three after a pulsating draw with relegation rivals Pochettino is in talks to fill the current managerial vacancy at Stamford Bridge, Ex-Spurs manager Pochettino is favourite to fill the Stamford Bridge vacancy. He needs to get in lively, Merson told Sky Sports when asked for his reaction to Mauricio Pochettinos seemingly inevitable arrival. You have to be respectful, you are coming in in November and know changes will be made. In compelling scenes, Merson plays golf with three other former footballers recovering from gambling addiction - Keith Gillespie (Newcastle and Northern Ireland), John Hartson (Arsenal and Wales) and Scott Davies (Reading). You could only wish him all the best in whatever comes next. Mr Neville became an agent for his sons. Mr Neville became an agent for his sons. "I'd be sitting on the sofa and I'd look over at the kids," he says. 'I got beat in the final! Nathan Patterson sees Everton chance door open in brutal circumstances as Sean Dyche hands him seal of approval. So, we have good players who can play in the role but we definitely need some offensive players, impact players, quality players who improve the front line.. Well, for starters, Merson is a well-accomplished athlete. "There's no greater buzz in the whole wide world than scoring a goal. After a while, I said, I cannot just call you Mr Neville, what is your first name please?. According to The Telegraph, Juventus and Arsenal hold long-term interest in the former Man Utd winger, whilst Barcelona and Chelsea could match the contract being put on the table by the Eagles. Paul Merson's new BBC Two documentary A Walk Through My Life airs tonight (May 5). But talent is a subjective view and the person who makes the selections is the one that counts! Phil Neville says Manchester United exit was 'instigated' by brother Gary "If I was . He added: Newcastle United havent gone around and thrown money even though theyve got rich owners. Before its release, BBC Sport had a candid discussion with Merson about the film and the issues raised. Paul Merson was born on 20 March, 1968 in Harlesden, London, United Kingdom, is an English footballer and manager. As presenter, he has provided countless memorable moments alongside the various pundits that appeared in the studio. Chelsea, on the verge of appointing Mauricio Pochettino as their new permanent boss, are likely to sanction at least a dozen exits from their first-team squad as owner Todd Boehly hopes to continuing investing in the first-team squad. 'They've just come second in the league and they're getting a trophy. With Manchester City thumping Arsenal 4-1 in midweek, the Premier League title race looks to have been decided. Merson says he used to dread evening matches, because he knew he would spend the whole day gambling in his hotel room. Paul Merson was born on 20 March 1968. Paul Merson has told Chelsea to make Mauricio Pochettino their new manager as a matter of urgency with the club currently on the 'worst run in the history of football' under Frank Lampard.. Paul Merson has branded Chelsea 's five-game sequence of defeats under Frank Lampard as 'the worst run of form in the history of football'. The Gambling Commission said: "All gambling products must be marketed in a socially responsible manner and no free bets should be provided to anyone showing signs of harm. Your details from Facebook will be used to provide you with tailored content, marketing and ads in line with our Privacy Policy. Merson explains in the film how he is still in the grip of addiction. Posted in. Literally Gary wasn't my team-mate, he became my brother . Paul Merson Wife, Children, Family, Wiki, Biography, Age, Net Worth Zinedine Zidane wants to return to management but he will not be rejoining Real Madrid this summer, report Marca. He often uploads photos and videos documenting his day-to-day life on the platform. I found myself incredulously saying, Neville, Neville?. ", William Hill also responded, saying it was "disappointed" in comments about betting advertising made in the documentary, adding: "We take the safety of our customers extremely seriously, and all of our adverts feature safer gambling messaging and instructions. Its obvious I am not going to come out and condemn people and send people away. Southampton dont stand a chance against this high-flying Newcastle team. He was bred alongside his only brother, Gary. Paul Merson breaks down in tears while recalling his struggles with his The former Arsenal midfielder was born in Harlesden, London, England. The Red Devils chances were deal a blow on Thursday night when they drew 2-2 at Spurs having been two-goals up at half-time and face another tricky test on Sunday when they host Villa who are unbeaten in 10 games. By posting your comment you agree to our house rules. He remained a regular first-team player under Arsenals new manager Bruce Rioch. Paul debuted in the soccer scene at Arsenal when he joined as an apprentice in 1984. Former England footballer Paul Merson has revealed that he never missed a day of training despite struggling with alcohol addiction during his playing career.. Merson, 54, has spoken openly in . 1/10. Unfortunately, not much is known about his childhood background, except his father was also into athletics. Rangers boss Michael Beale has suggested that the Scottish giants are approaching their "biggest rebuild in years". But I think its also obvious that we are getting to the summer and theres going to be some change.". From the start of the 2015 seasonMax Rushdentook on co presenting after John Fendley returned to Soccer AM as a co-host. You can approach that from many ways. 00:09 BST 30 Apr 2023 Arsenal have once again been offered the services of Juventus striker Dusan Vlahovic, according to reports in Italy. When youve got top international footballers and you can put out two teams like this I would have to say its the worst run in the history of football for the talent they have., Chelsea have lost their last five games across all competitions and are 12th in the league, Lampard's interim appointment is meant to be until the end of the current season, Paul Merson believes that immediate change is required at Stamford Bridge. Regarding his educational background, he attended Greenford High School and later graduated from a private university in his hometown. For me, it was just the bookies every day.". When I questioned, Sir Alex about Philip, he assured me that he had been in the England schools cricket team and that he had to divert him from the attentions of Lancashire County Cricket Club down the road! He said: Its ridiculous how many players they have got there. "I've been a millionaire and wanted to kill myself. I'm leaving on May 28th. He was bred alongside his only brother, Gary. Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta has been urged by Paul Merson to sign Brentford striker Ivan Toney this summer. I got to the final of table tennis at Butlin's, and I didn't get anything. "And for Spurs, a lot of them are playing for their future. It added: "Since being set up as the standards body representing the regulated industry fewer than two years ago, the BGC has introduced a range of measures aimed at promoting safer gambling. Paul Merson hilariously criticised Sheffield United for parading a trophy around Bramall Lane after finishing second in the Championship. Paul Merson hammers Frank Lampard and Chelsea flops - Metro Chelsea have lost their last five matches across all competitions, conceding nine goals and scoring just once in that period with Lampard in charge. Claire Ainsley moved into her new home in Park Place earlier this year after waiting several years for a new home for her family. Barcelona were interested in a deal for former Roma man Nicolo Zaniolo this January before his move to Galatasaray but they could not afford to sign him. Watkins has been in explosive form in front of goal since Unai Emery arrived at Aston Villa in October. Everything you need to know to make sure you never miss a moment. Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta has been urged by Paul Merson to sign Brentford striker Ivan Toney this summer. Sadio Mane is set to leave Bayern Munich this summer, as outlined by a report in Diario AS. Gary Lineker Gives Paul McGrath The Highest Of Praise On Twitter | Balls.ie Bayern had a scout at Villas home game with Fulham on Tuesday, although the only goal was scored by Watkins team-mate Tyrone Mings.. Paul Merson Biography. You can't really go long with Jesus, but you can go long with Toney, he's good in the air. '(It's) brilliant going up, but you don't have a trophy for second,' he added. Paul Merson is a well-known former English professional soccer player and current sports television pundit for Sky Sports. As it happens, Scholes and particularly Sutton are now good on the box. I wouldn't wish this on anybody.". It lasted for around ten years before they went on their separate ways. Paul Merson on gambling addiction: 'I wouldn't wish this on anybody He announced that work on his new MacLeod course dedicated to his mother, Mary Anne MacLeod was now beginning. He also netted a hat-trick for Portugal in the Round of 16 World Cup win over Switzerland, when he started ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo. If you do not want us and our partners to use cookies and personal data for these additional purposes, click 'Reject all'. A number of European giants are plotting a move for Crystal Palace star Wilfried Zaha once his Crystal Palace contract. Weekend football will suffer without Jeff Stelling and Graeme Souness He said it was Neville. Who is Stanley Tuccis wife, Felicity Blunt? He said he wanted to work in TV. Sheffield United, who were a match away from reaching the FA Cup final this season before suffering a 3-0 defeat against Manchester City in the last four, have not won a major trophy since 1925, almost a century ago. People will say some teams have gone 25 games wihtout a win, but not with talent like that. The N5 History In 2018, Merson participated in the Mental Health Awareness Week. No disrespect to Frank, get in and sort out what hes going to do next season. The film investigates why footballers could be more at risk than other sections of society. Calling Arsenal 'a team of son-in-laws', his impassioned speech on football's homophobia problem, being 'I was S****** myself': Steven Caulker reveals he was left 'panicking' after being subbed on as a forward Frank Lampard insists Chelsea need stability if they want to challenge Manchester City and Arsenal before DOMINIC KING: Why Liverpool fans are likely to sing their own anthem You'll Never Walk Alone - and not God Former UFC fighter Felipe Colares dies aged 29 after being hit by a bus in Rio de Janeiro while returning Dean Henderson is set to undergo surgery on a thigh injury that could sideline him until AUGUST with the Hollywood's NHL battle! It is suggested that the player is open to a fresh challenge and could be available for around 30m in the summer. Before you know it its August and youre close to transfer deadline day and youve got five players you need to get rid of and then suddenly Chelsea are the busiest team on deadline day.. The Duchess of Sussex family including her dad Thomas Snr, half-sister Samantha, and half-brother Thomas Jnr sat down with the Australian news show 7NEWS Spotlight. They were completely unhelpful. While accepting the Blades deserved medals for their achievements, the ex-England star went on to explain why he thought the trophy parade was inappropriate. By Jamie Kemble Published 24th Apr 2023, 15:53 BST Updated 25th Apr 2023, 07:00 BST The former footballer will be strolling across the North Yorkshire Moors as he opens up about mental heath, his . Everyone knows, its not a secret. Published: 09:21 BST, 30 April 2023 | Updated: 09:39 BST, 30 April 2023. "Then Bryan Robson was having a barbeque at his house and suddenly Graham Taylor was on the phone saying can you come up to Aston Villa and I jumped at the chance. Merson told us the experiment with Dr Erritzoe made him think about how his brain responds to gambling adverts. "The companies know who the problem gamblers are," he says. Paul Merson slams Frank Lampard's five-game losing streak at Chelsea He was bred alongside his only brother, Gary. Paul Merson fears Arsenal have wasted a glorious chance to win the Premier League title (Picture: Sky Sports) Paul Merson fears Arsenal have . The former Arsenal midfielder was born in Harlesden, London, England. Paul Merson broke down in tears on Good Morning Britain today after recalling his harrowing struggles with a gambling addiction. Richard Madeleys Wife: Who is Richard Madeley married to? So I rang Mr Neville and introduced myself. Gary Lineker (@GaryLineker) April 28, 2023, No thank you @GaryLineker https://t.co/4oy7rgZgZ8, Paul McGrath (@Paulmcgrath5) April 28, 2023, READ HERE: Paul McGrath Received A 'Biblical' Welcome At The Overlap Special In Dublin Last Night. Stanley Tuccis Parents: Meet Joan and Stanley Tucci Sr. Stanley Tucci Age, Height, Bio, Parents, Net Worth, Wife, Heather Mitchell Bio, Age, Career, Net Worth, Family, Mike Shannon Bio, Age, Death, Career, Net Worth, Family. Details about his parents are currently not on the internet. Paul McGrath has been given a serious shout out from Gary Lineker on Twitter, after the former England striker picked the Irishman as the defender he would choose from any era to face Erling Haaland. Follow Metro Sport for the latest news on How to get into football - the most popular sport in the world, with clubs and facilities throughout the UK. He added: Im not exaggerating here but this is the worst run in the history of football. Jimmy Greaves, Andy Townsend and Gary Neville are the biggest football names that I started off in television. When my daughter Claire was at Rugby School as a sixth former, I was asked to manage The Lords Taverners charity cricket team at the school. MORE : Liverpool legend John Barnes tells Jurgen Klopp to move Trent Alexander-Arnold back to right-back, MORE : Erik ten Hag says he saw Tottenham fightback coming and explains controversial Manchester United subs. "Now that I know more about how it can affect me, when the adverts come on, I turn them off.". Please don't tell me that's not a trigger.". Paul Merson makes 'scary' Liverpool vs Man United claim amid Gary Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang could re-join Barcelona at the end of the season for free. In response to the film, the Betting and Gaming Council (BGC) said it did not recognise "many of the claims in the documentary" and "completely reject suggestions that our industry targets vulnerable customers". Gary Neville reveals 'insight' on why Erik ten Hag is not picking Man Utd star, Sheikh Jassim wants 200m star as his Man Utd 'marquee signing', Man Utd identify France star as better transfer option than Victor Osimhen this summer. Mason Mount who has been linked with Liverpool. There is likely to be mass upheaval this summer across the board with the ongoing takeover at Manchester United likely to coincide with renewed investment in the first-team squad at Old Trafford a striker and a goalkeeper are top of the clubs priority list. A trophy for second?'. He told me to ring their father, Mr Neville, who was commercial director at Bury Football Club. The first two were at ATV and Central, respectively. Crying woman helped by hero ASDA worker who told customer 'follow me'. Reece Rodger, 28, went missing on Saturday March 18 while away with pals on the banks of Loch Rannoch, near Pitlochry in Highland Perthshire. As per La Stampa, the Gunners have been offered his services by his representatives and he could be open to a move. But when I came off the pitch, the difference between me and other people was I needed that buzz to continue.". The former Liverpool forward was excluded from Bayern's recent Bundesliga game against Hoffenheim as punishment alongside a hefty fine. [Jadon] Sancho was often not available. Man Utd now on the brink of proving Gary Neville, Paul Merson and Alan From the 20122015 season Merson co-hosted with John Fendley on the Sky Sports TV programme Fantasy Football Club. While appearing on Harrys Heroes: The Full English, a 2019 ITV documentary, Merson opened up about how gambling addiction has affected his life, and his continued struggles with the addiction. You dont want to get in there and see the players on July 1 and trying to sort it out. The domestic seasons are beginning to draw to a close across football with attention increasingly starting to turn to the summer transfer window which is just two months away. We, Yahoo, are part of the Yahoo family of brands. Toney, 26, infamously took a dig at the Gunners on the opening day of the 2021-22 Premier League season, as his side marked their return to the top flight with an emphatic 2-0 victory over Mikel Arteta 's team. Before Fame Richard Madeley Siblings: Meet his sister, Liz Lawrence, Richard Madeley Parents: Meet Mary and Christopher Holt Madeley. Chelsea will likely be looking to trim their ballooning squad in the summer after splurging over 600m on players in the last two transfer windows, handing long-term contracts to new arrivals, and breaking the British transfer record by paying 107m for Enzo Fernandez. In the Three Mile Novice Hurdle, Paul Townend says it's very open with many entries. Newcastle are reportedly eyeing a move for Roma star Paulo Dybala. Its a big game and a win will help Villa put pressure on United for a top four spot. Four pundits axed by Soccer Saturday in brutal shake up and how they Research suggests the small number of problem gamblers may be at increased risk. He is currently married to Kate, with whom he has three kids. It was Liverpool's. Anyway, it started a long and trusted friendship. The Reds claimed a 7-0 victory in the Premier League clash at Anfield on Sunday. Who Is Paul Merson Wife, Kate Merson, Is he still married? During the film, Merson meets Matt Zarb-Cousin, a recovered gambling addict who founded Clean Up Gambling, an organisation which lobbies for reforms to gambling laws. "Of course, some people are going to watch the show and think: 'Forget him, he lost 7m, good job'. However, he believes there's two horses that are favourites in this race. Paul Merson (@PaulMerse) / Twitter Your comment will be posted to MailOnline as usual. Something went wrong, please try again later. Whatever the context, it is always heartening to see McGrath get his due praise from high profile figures, given that he is often overlooked in conversations about the best defenders England's top league has ever seen. Plane passenger praised after refusing to give up window seat for honeymoon couple. According to reports in Italy, the Argentine has a 12m release clause written into his contract at the Stadio Olimpico. The process of making the film has been helpful to Merson, he says. Paul Merson - Football Expert | Sky Sports "Simple as that. During the film, Merson catches up with his friend Wes Reid, who played alongside him in his early days at Arsenal. Who is Paul Merson and is he married? - The Sun | The Sun Adorable fox cubs living beneath hot tub for warmth spotted playing in garden. Mark Bolton did well as a presenter for Central Sport and progressed to Sky Sports where, sadly, he did not hold the post down after a while. Gambling's already in you, just waiting constantly, talking to you.". Newcastle are apparently aiming to take advantage of that fact as they plot their return to the Champions League. Family pay tribute to 80-year-old Lanarkshire wrestling fan who never missed a BCW show, Steven Paton was best known for his passion for wrestling, particularly East Kilbride-based company British Championship Wrestling (BCW), Tributes paid to dad-of-two who died while snorkelling on family holiday. He has also lost more than 7m to gambling in a life dogged by addiction. But he does not expect universal sympathy. Speaking after a Scottish Cup semi-final defeat to Celtic, he said: Listen, I think it will be the biggest rebuild this club has seen in a number of years. His agent Claudio Vigorelli said: "He was on Barcelonas list in January, its true they appreciated him but unfortunately it was not possible to proceed due to financial reasons.". I normally played in those days but as manager for the day I had to select and take charge. As part of its response, the BGC said "according to the government, the rate of problem gambling is 0.5%, while recent surveys from the Gambling Commission indicate that problem gambling rates are reducing". All of you out there have supported me fantastically, as have Sky. Arsenal news LIVE: Wilfried Zaha TWIST Hammers 'eye' Declan Rice Steven MacLean sure fans will answer club's rallying call and turn out in force for Dundee United game, The first post-split fixture takes place at McDiarmid Park on Saturday afternoon, Family 'leave empty space at dinner table for Scots man detained in India as part of their hearts is missing.

Virgo Woman Secretly In Love, Otero County District Court Docket, Oconomowoc Police Incident, Roger Glover Obituary, Frankies 457 Wedding Cost, Articles P